onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

Advert

8 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Why do you think that Andy.?

I heard he was close to being allowed to leave in the summer. And he hasn’t been playing much. If someone offered first team football and at least 18 months, I could see it...

9 hours ago, philmpv said:
10 hours ago, Andyregs said:
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pope leave.

Can't see that many takers, if any, on his wage

...but that was the issue.

10 hours ago, philmpv said:
12 hours ago, Andyregs said:
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pope leave.

Can't see that many takers, if any, on his wage

You’d be surprised, he’s had interest from clubs in preseason and also last season too. 

You’d be surprised, he’s had interest from clubs in preseason and also last season too. 
I'm not saying he didn't, but if any of them are or were willing to meet or even get close to his current wage, I'd be amazed. Which would explain why he's still here, despite JA allegedly wanting to offload. Don't blame him one bit for that, at his age

41 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'm not saying he didn't, but if any of them are or were willing to meet or even get close to his current wage, I'd be amazed. Which would explain why he's still here, despite JA allegedly wanting to offload. Don't blame him one bit for that, at his age

No idea about the wages offered, but he wanted to stay here. 

Pope doesn't like to be away from home. Scunthorpe is a horrible journey. The bigger issue will be close season. I can imagine Pope being offered something but on a lot less money. His issue then is does he take more at this level with a commute; or possibly look to commute from home to a Conference side. There aren't an awful lot of league 2 sides he can commute to daily.

He can still offer Vale a decent outlet if he's used properly. A clever player ,who has more to his game than just playing hoofball to him.He needs a Dodds type of player  to play off him.Admittedly Tom is now coming to the end of his career but what a servant to the club he's been!!

Trouble is he can’t score goals if he’s not on the pitch, 

Tuesday just gone, was his first start in weeks and he had an assist in both goals and had one of his own disallowed.

Agree he’s coming to the end of his career at this level, but at the moment he’s still got it.

43 minutes ago, osprey said:

I thought Morton at Northampton looked useful last year for a young forward - think he’s on loan at Lincoln but doesn’t seem to feature much for them

Looked absolutely turgid when we beat them but otherwise was one of the best forwards in the league.

He'd suit our striker role, would have him here no question.

Just asked a Lincoln fan and he got injured in his 2nd game, for 3 months.

I'd like to see a little bit of movement in our squad, if possible during the window. Generally I think the backline is OK with adequate cover for the remainder of the season but I think the midfield and striker options need a bit of tweaking. 

To do that we would need to shift a few out if we can. I think its a waste having the number of strikers we do when we are only ever going to play 1 upfront for the most part.The manager clearly doesn't fancy Theo and Cullen is not reliable enough injury wise so I think we need to try and move them to on and replace them with a 1st choice striker which would give us Pope and Rodney as the alternatives.  I'd also not renew Clarke's loan either and try and find an attacking ball playing midfielder instead.

Archived