onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

I must say, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the hooting and hollering from our staff at games.

Surely, being in tier 3 with ST holders who've forked over £300 a pop sat at home, it should be Carol, Kevin, and essential staff to ensure the game can be played?

Why does our Comms Director, our COO, need to be at a match day with no fans? 

It sounded more loud than some of our attended home games, with screeching every time Vale got the ball. 

Fair enough getting behind the lads, but it grated a bit sat at home watching on my laptop. Do they really all need to be there, or is it just taking advantage of their employment at the club to do something we're all prevented (but desperate) from doing?

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Daft as it sounds, I thought Mills played well otherwise. But we’ve got into a really nasty habit of not taking chances and silly defensive lapses all during the same game. It cost us last season and it’s the same this.

I honestly don’t know what the answer is as most gave 7/10 performances today, it’s just the detail. But it’s been going on far to long to say it will change by itself.

Daft as it sounds, I think Gibbo being injured for so long may well cost us promotion this season, going forward and defensively. 

We played some nice football today in the 1st half but with the same reoccurring problems at home. It was dejvau from the other home matches.

Don't take chances. Concede a very poor goal. Poor reaction to conceding the goal.

Towards the end of that game we should have been all over them to put them under pressure. If that was a Newport,Exeter,Cheltenham etc. they would have pinned them in and created loads of pressure in that last 15 mins and forced a goal. We just let the game drift again.Its not good enough. 

Until we get a striker who will attack balls in the box we have no chance to be above mid table.

Question - Why does JA only make one sub at a time? Why make a sub with 15 mins to go and another 5 mins later which just creates another stoppage? Surely he knew he was bringing Pope when he was making the McKirdy sub.

I'm sorry to say this but we are going nowhere under JA. Our problems are there for all to see at home - we are now in December still he had not figured it out.

13 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

After 5 defeats a good response . 2 wins and a draw .Should have won , but the performance was much better than recent weeks. Lots of injuries so we will only get better. If Amoo and montano fit we would have won that today as both have a goal in them.

Not a pop at you and you are factually correct. But personally can't give a stuff about beating Wolves kids when we drop league points 

Just now, LancyTony said:

Plenty of comments on here about missing chances. Singling out one player for a mistake isn't necessary! 

It is if it cost us the game. 

Might be plenty of comments , the game I saw we didn't have that many actual attempts. That was our problem. 

I never once got out of my chair thinking we were in with a golden chance. Lots of promise but no end product AGAIN .

Just now, darren1810 said:

Might be plenty of comments , the game I saw we didn't have that many actual attempts. That was our problem. 

Just off the top of my head we missed 4 sitters First half Alex Hurst curler round the post should have scored, Wozza back post somehow went with his foot instead of his head should have scored, Wozza free header in the box just over, 2nd half back post Legge six yard box free header wide.

We had enough clear cut chances to score another 4 today and should have done.

Thought we played some lovely stuff first half and it deserved at least 3 goals to Vale fortunately we were indebted to Brown making a flying save to go in at 0-0 .

Then second half we score a absolute great goal and look like we are going on to win quite easily with Oyeleke being superb in the main then there wily manager realises that his team are likely to lose by a lot and makes3 changes those3 changes cost us the game as we didnt react to them we concede a terrible equaliser and did our  usual last minute trick of either concede or nearly concede self destruction but luckily for once that wasn't the case .

So in the end a point it should have being 3 

We had chances but our main ones we put wide or over. We also put several decent crosses into the box and had pope been on im sure he would have been on the end of them. Rodney is our topscorer with 5 but if you look at his goals there not the proper striker poke home from 6 yards out kind of goals there just shots from 20 yards some go in and some go miles wide. 

I must say, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the hooting and hollering from our staff at games.
Surely, being in tier 3 with ST holders who've forked over £300 a pop sat at home, it should be Carol, Kevin, and essential staff to ensure the game can be played?
Why does our Comms Director, our COO, need to be at a match day with no fans? 
It sounded more loud than some of our attended home games, with screeching every time Vale got the ball. 
Fair enough getting behind the lads, but it grated a bit sat at home watching on my laptop. Do they really all need to be there, or is it just taking advantage of their employment at the club to do something we're all prevented (but desperate) from doing?

Why would you not want them there . At least it’s offering a slight bit of encouragement to the players.

Would you rather them not to be, just because we can’t ?

Archived