Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Are we on the beginnings of a 6 match winning run in December? Colchester won away for the first time, as we beat another Wanderer, so no doubt will come full of confidence as a top 7 team, although they did concede 6 at Exeter.  Just the type of game to confirm our Bolton triumph marks a return to Pre-November ways, a steady 2-0 will please me, I must not be greedy or carried away.

Advert:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good team takes that start and goes on to win the game. It's absolutely criminal to not go on and win that. Two points chucked in the bin. We aren't ruthless enough. If a team doesn't hand us 3

Thought Rodney had his second good game in a row

Give the lad a chance ffs. Is this his first league start? 

Posted Images

Could be a depleted side:

Cullen
Monty
Worrall

Doubtful

Legge has had a seizure so assume will be out

Amoo I assume Is still out

Clark I think is struggling

Gibbons out

Be a tough ask with so many key players out so have to hope Woz and or Monty at least make it.

I thought Hurst struggled but their right back was rapid and kept up with him very well. It’s a big jump, maybe needs games to get a run and used to this level. Has potential though, only question is can we afford to give him the chance at the moment

Advert:

Looking forwards to the game sat .

Team well haven't got a clue who is fit and ready to go .

Is Montano and Worrall going be ready play if not it leaves our two most productive players out ,and Legge ( had a seizure I believe ) who keeps popping up with headed goals who in my opinion is our best defender also .

So straight away theres 3 of our better players out possibly if so heres my team .

Visser 

Mills  Smith Brisley fitzpatrick 

Joyce    Oyeleke   Whitehead 

Hurst   Pope Rodney 

IF not then the same team as v Bolton bar two changes  Visser for Brown and Pope for Conlon UTV 

Brown?????
He's hardly pulling up any trees at the moment. I'd give Visser his opportunity now. One thing I really like about Visser is his distribution. He's head and shoulders above brown in that regard. Doesn't fanny about or dither. He also seems to command his area a lot better.

Advert:

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Brown?????

HIs lady has just had a kid im led to believe ,are you not entitled to time off when that happens if so it will have to be Visser lets hope he as nothing do that means 

1 we are defending well with no calamities 

2 we are on the attack causing mayhem in there box all afternoon. 

3 He is barking orders at the defence and making sure he does his job which is A kick it to a Vale player ,B get off your line and dominate your zone 3 believe that your the best keeper in the world and have a mindset clean sheet, nothing's getting past me 

UTV 

On 09/12/2020 at 10:15, valefan16 said:

Could be a depleted side:

Cullen
Monty
Worrall

Doubtful

Legge has had a seizure so assume will be out

Amoo I assume Is still out

Clark I think is struggling

Gibbons out

Be a tough ask with so many key players out so have to hope Woz and or Monty at least make it.

Danny Pugh could get a game at this rate!

Advert:

Colchester are 6th but don't be fooled; they're getting very lucky and won't last bar some big improvement.

They ship good quality chances at an alarming rate. Take a look at the highlights of their last game against Scunthorpe. I've no idea how they've kept a clean sheet (Gerken is performing at a fairly average rate).

They also cannot defend set pieces. Awful organisation, nearly conceded from one vs Scunny and did concede one vs Grimbsy, who happen to be two of the poorest teams in the league. Did the same against Crawley. A proper shambles on corners.

They concede a lot of chances from their left back position so Worrall, if played on the right as he was against Bolton (and is fit), should have another prosperous afternoon.

Jevani Brown is in fine form but cannot maintain the rate he is scoring at for a great deal longer.

They've got some good players; Chilvers in the middle keeps the ball well, and I've always rated Cohen Brammall who appears to create a bit from left back. Norris is back in the side up top, and Courtney Senior is, for me, a classic 'he should be good but flatters to deceive'.

They have enough individual quality in the likes of Brown, Brammall, Chilvers, and Norris to beat us tomorrow, especially if we defend as iffy as we have done in recent weeks. 

We'll get chances however, and need to be as clinical as we were last week (and pray Worrall and Monty are fit).

Edited by Joe B

The more I watch of them, the worse they look.

They concede chances off set pieces at an astoundingly poor rate. They scored their only goal vs Crawley from about 30 yards and then proceeded to get battered, with Crawley missing two tap ins. Exeter put 6 past them, and all 6 were from about six yards out.

Edited by Joe B

So all in all it bodes for a turgid 0.0

The more I watch of them, the worse they look.
They concede chances off set pieces at an astoundingly poor rate. They scored their only goal vs Crawley from about 30 yards and then proceeded to get battered, with Crawley missing two tap ins. Exeter put 6 past them, and all 6 were from about six yards out.
  • Haha 1