onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

This is like shooting Bambi I know, but does anyone think that Brown positioning was at fault and perhaps he's not been on top of his game recently ?

Maybe the new arrival has distracted him.

Near post he has issues. Doesn't spread well.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Random lottery/send a letter in why you deserve it. Think we did something similar for something else a while back.

I believe that, as fans, we're all equal when it comes to Vale. Carol should be there, alongside any people that need to be there to ensure the match can go ahead and operate normally. I don't think perks of the job should apply right now, as harsh as it may be. Some employees were there as fans today, and had no role to play. 

If none of us can attend, then yes, in my petty way I don't think any should attend, or it should be rotated. It's all immaterial as the club can invite who they want, but it's just my concept of fairness. 

So you don’t think it’s fair to let a bloke who does a huge amount of unpaid work for the club attend but you think some random bloke pulled out of a hat is more deserving? I’m sorry, Joe, but I think that is a strange concept of fairness. 

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So you don’t think it’s fair to let a bloke who does a huge amount of unpaid work for the club attend but you think some random bloke pulled out of a hat is more deserving? I’m sorry, Joe, but I think that is a strange concept of fairness. 

My ideal view is no one attends bar essential staff. You asked about replacements, that was my answer. 

It's not a reward/perk. There's a global pandemic on and we're in Tier 3. 

If you're needed for match-day, great, if not, you're just a fan, cashing in a favour.

I get that we have diametrically opposite views here; you believe some should be allowed to attend as a reward for hard work. I disagree. I know loads of Vale fans who have worked hard for this club, unpaid, and don't get an invite. Phil is a great bloke but I don't think he should be getting a 'reward/treat' right now.

You get into questionable territory by ranking fans by how much they deserve to be at a game, based on their contributions. How is it measured?

Will leave it here as we're clogging up a match thread. 

14 minutes ago, Santa said:

Rodney is growing into it but he's definitely a mixed bag at the moment.

Give time improving with game time, started passing better now bringing others in to play but just not converting the chances we are making and unfortunately that's what wins games, we will win games and take the chances if we play like we did today, up the Vale keep believing 

31 minutes ago, philmpv said:

You're on a hiding to nothing mate. No point arguing. Where pope is concerned, his alleged mystical ability to hold up play and score goals only becomes apparent when he doesn't play. You're right in that he's scored in just 1 game this season, played really well in 1, and been next to useless in the rest. But he scored over 30 8 years ago so he's still got it emoji38.png

Agreed Phil.

say anything it is a slight on his excellent past record.  I applaud him for steering us to promotion, and even more so for keeping us in the football league.

Sadly, all things come to an end, and whilst Tom still has limited effectiveness his days are coming to an end.

if we signed a 35 with his stats of the last 18 months, and then compounded it by making him one of/our top earners there would be outcry.

I would rather look forward and see if Devante can build on his raw attributes.  

Tom was 27/28 when he hit his golden spell,  Devante is 22.  

Far better to be looking out of the windscreen than the rear view mirror!

Overall, a good performance today. Thought the midfield 3 had a good game - were really busy getting about the pitch. They looked comfortable on the ball. Also think Fitz is looking like a decent player. He’s trying to get forward a bit more and looks quite composed on the ball.

Appreciate we need to put the ball in the back of the net but I was buoyed by the overall performance.

Just one mild irritation with the ref today. Seemed to insist on us taking free kicks from the correct spot on numerous occasions BUT seemed to rarely insist on Colcheter doing the same. For their goal, there free kick for offside wasn’t taken from anywhere near the correct spot and I’m sure the ball was still moving. I appreciate that we defended poorly for their goal.

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

My ideal view is no one attends bar essential staff. You asked about replacements, that was my answer. 

It's not a reward/perk. There's a global pandemic on and we're in Tier 3. 

If you're needed for match-day, great, if not, you're just a fan, cashing in a favour.

I get that we have diametrically opposite views here; you believe some should be allowed to attend as a reward for hard work. I disagree. I know loads of Vale fans who have worked hard for this club, unpaid, and don't get an invite. Phil is a great bloke but I don't think he should be getting a 'reward/treat' right now.

You get into questionable territory by ranking fans by how much they deserve to be at a game, based on their contributions. How is it measured?

Will leave it here as we're clogging up a match thread. 

Check you pms, Joe.

This is like shooting Bambi I know, but does anyone think that Brown positioning was at fault and perhaps he's not been on top of his game recently ?
Maybe the new arrival has distracted him.

Positioning poor from full back and keeper , although both were faultless other than that .

The striker had pulled wide though that did catch us out

The 3 Subs Unsettled us and sometimes we should go 5 at the back with 3 centre halves when a goal up in a tight game

Jake Taylor isn’t getting much, if any game time at Scunny, I’d imagine that if he hasn’t signed for the season, Forest will look to place him elsewhere. I know it’s not a position that we need to prioritise, I’m just saying.

I’d defo take him , or one of the under 23 strikers that have broke on the scene , missing a bit of a poacher , Cullen doesn’t seem like the answer this year.

4 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I’d defo take him , or one of the under 23 strikers that have broke on the scene , missing a bit of a poacher , Cullen doesn’t seem like the answer this year.

I agree, I’d play him just behind the forward who at the moment on form has to be Rodney. With a defensive midfielder playing directly in front of the defence.

Archived