onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

Still people cant help but moan about Askey and yes he certainly went defensive with his subs

Askey actually did the opposite ! Pope for Joyce.. to be fair an attacking sub like that doesn’t always mean more attacking play.

We lost some of our shape and didn’t look as threatening.

Go back to being boring Askey !

Just now, philmpv said:
2 minutes ago, Joe B said:
Also thought our finishing was tripe. That's about it from me. 

I'd much rather us create lots of chances and not finish them now and again than create nothing. Sooner or later it will click if we continue to play like we have done this last week

Fully agree. Much better attacking for 60 minutes today. Goals will come. Defense needs sorting, though.

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

No idea what Alan has to do with my views, Jean. We're completely separate people who fall out about Vale more than we agree.

I have offered questions as to why some staff are attending games when they serve no purpose on matchday other than to be a supporter, as you or I would if we were lucky enough to attend, but can't. Some of these have not attended Vale for a long time. The perk of the job shouldn't be on offer during a pandemic.

I've tried to keep this civil, and not get personal, so I have no idea where this aggression/mentioning my Dad has come from. 

My remarks were not personal and I have apologised to your Dad for mentioning his email.

Out of interest, do you believe that if we can’t all attend then none should?  If the two people mentioned here weren’t to attend, how would you choose which two fans should take their place?

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

My remarks were not personal and I have apologised to your Dad for mentioning his email.

Out of interest, do you believe that if we can’t all attend then none should?  If the two people mentioned here weren’t to attend, how would you choose which two fans should take their place?

Random lottery/send a letter in why you deserve it. Think we did something similar for something else a while back.

I believe that, as fans, we're all equal when it comes to Vale. Carol should be there, alongside any people that need to be there to ensure the match can go ahead and operate normally. I don't think perks of the job should apply right now, as harsh as it may be. Some employees were there as fans today, and had no role to play. 

If none of us can attend, then yes, in my petty way I don't think any should attend, or it should be rotated. It's all immaterial as the club can invite who they want, but it's just my concept of fairness. 

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Askey actually did the opposite ! Pope for Joyce.. to be fair an attacking sub like that doesn’t always mean more attacking play.

We lost some of our shape and didn’t look as threatening.

Go back to being boring Askey ! emoji6.png

You got me wrong in that i think as i was being sarcastic to another poster who said no doubt askey will bring on defensive subs when in fact he didnt he went for it tbf

Same old from us today wasnt it? 

Can’t put the ball in the net and can’t defend. I’d love to know what has happened to that defence. Looked solid last season and the start of this. Looks the complete opposite now. I’ll be much happier when gibbons is back in the side, I know a few like mills on here but he’s lost us two points today and was all over the place at Bolton. Gibbons and Clarke beck in 11 and we will look much better hopefully. 
rodney definitely has something, I’d still like to see him out wide and have a proper striker up top. 
Really happy to see hurst given a go and hope that continues. Did ok before tiring towards the end. 
also thought as normal askey left the subs too late to have an impact - nothing new there. 
point is ok but kind of shows what we are a mid table ish side

Random lottery/send a letter in why you deserve it. Think we did something similar for something else a while back.
I believe that, as fans, we're all equal when it comes to Vale. Carol should be there, alongside any people that need to be there to ensure the match can go ahead and operate normally. I don't think perks of the job should apply right now, as harsh as it may be. Some employees were there as fans today, and had no role to play. 
If none of us can attend, then yes, in my petty way I don't think any should attend, or it should be rotated. It's all immaterial as the club can invite who they want, but it's just my concept of fairness. 

We are tier 3, fans can’t attend . Elite sports are to go ahead , and anyone who contributes to that process should be able to then view the product that their work has contributed towards.

By your view , it’s like saying the Kitman should leave once he’s laid the kit out ..then return at full time once the game is over .. would all get very petty

The simple solution is , you work for vale .. you can attend the games. Which is your place of work .

I liked hearing a bit of encouragement to the players.

This is like shooting Bambi I know, but does anyone think that Brown positioning was at fault and perhaps he's not been on top of his game recently ?
Maybe the new arrival has distracted him.

I agree - shouldn’t have been beaten at that angle

Archived