onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Incidentally, I went to every game last season and haven’t missed a game for ages. I haven’t been to any games this season but I have no problem with club employees being there. What’s your problem?

And that's your view, Jean. I'm not going to rant at you for it, and I imagine 90% of the fanbase share your opinion. Not an issue with it at all.

How many times during my 54 years of going/following the Vale have I sat through performances like that. Thought we were excellent first half but got progressively worried as we didn't score. Rodders scores a beauty and I feel even more anxious!

Mills drops off but are we ignoring the "elephant in the room".....? For me, Browney shouldn't be being beaten from there on his near post.

Oh well, onto Tuesday but we are desperate for an out and out goal scorer but we haven't got one.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I didn't mention Phil, Jean. Not once. No idea where he's come from.

It is jealousy, but my problem is one of fairness. Gerard has to be there to take photos - he can't do it from home. It's an essential job as the media needs the photos. No issues there.

Some employees do not need to be there. That's my only gripe. At a time when fans are sat at home, the COO of the club and the Communications Director need to be at the game. 

I don't think it's wrong of me to be jealous of being at the Vale when their utility on matchday would be just as much a mine if I was there, but they happen to be employed by the club Monday-Friday.

So your post was not linked in anyway to the one mentioning the club statistician. And it wasn’t anything to do with an email from your Dad mentioning the same employee?  Don’t you speak to him then?

You're on a hiding to nothing mate. No point arguing. Where pope is concerned, his alleged mystical ability to hold up play and score goals only becomes apparent when he doesn't play. You're right in that he's scored in just 1 game this season, played really well in 1, and been next to useless in the rest. But he scored over 30 8 years ago so he's still got it

6 starts, 5 more as sub.  Most of last season he was our main striker. Agree he scored 2 good headers at Southend from 2 quality crosses.
I merely said I did not share your confidence that Tom will get the goals.
Devante may or may not become a 20 goal striker.  Based on the last 18 months I know Tom will not be.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So your post was not linked in anyway to the one mentioning the club statistician. And it wasn’t anything to do with an email from your Dad mentioning the same employee?  Don’t you speak to him then?

Was referring to Tideswell, if you must know, who never seemed to be at the Vale but is now there every week. Shouldn't be a shock considering it's me. Someone quoted me mentioning Phil, but nothing from me.

That's an unfair comment, Jean. I'll keep things civil. My Dad and I have entirely different, often conflicting views on Port Vale, and I think that comment was a private comment on an email group.

19 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Essential for him to be there to note down his stats, is it?!

I’d suggest not but maybe your response was tinged with sarcasm. I thought he was an employee, so yep, he can/should go but someone like the old Sentinel editor who rarely went when at the paper I’m not so sure.

I'd agree if there wasn't a pandemic on. Rewards or not, we're all prevented from doing things at present, and I don't see how some of them need to be at the game when we're not allowed to go round to other people's houses. Surely a fan deserves to be at the game more than people literally paid by the club?
I don't agree with this view that some fans are more deserving than others. All or nothing. 
Will drop it as its clearly a divisive subject and I'm already seen as a moaner. 

It’s a valid debate , but like front line workers , elite sports are allowed to continue.

To allow the games to go ahead you still need staff to make it happen; groundsman, cleaners, secretary. They are effectively still at work on game day and will still be required on match day if needed.

Get down to the club and volunteer! Might get yourself in !

1 minute ago, dazzerjames said:

It’s a valid debate , but like front line workers , elite sports are allowed to continue.

To allow the games to go ahead you still need staff to make it happen; groundsman, cleaners, secretary. They are effectively still at work on game day and will still be required on match day if needed.

Get down to the club and volunteer! Might get yourself in !

Fair comments. I think groundsmen, cleaner, secretary for sure. They're needed to allow the game to go ahead. Other members of staff, less so. 

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Was referring to Tideswell, if you must know. Shouldn't be a shock. Someone quoted me mentioning Phil, but nothing from me.

That's an unfair comment, Jean. I'll keep things civil. My Dad and I have entirely different, often conflicting views on Port Vale. 

I’ll ask your Dad about his email then. Glad you have no problem with Phil attending - I’m sure he’ll be pleased to hear that. 

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Do you mean that private email that I sent to you?

Archived