onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Monty

LancyTony

Did anybody read the feature on our Monty, in yesterday's The Sun? Wow - I didn't realise he'd had to overcome so much. I wasn't aware of the rape allegation, nor the match-fixing...and, as for his treatment by Oldham - it's a wonder he came though all this! I'm glad he did, and, personally, I'd like to see him finish his career at the Vale - he's one of our "type" of players! Oh - and grateful to his family for their support...so essential in defeating our demons!

Advert

Think Montano is great I do a few years back when we needed beat Chesterfield at home to stay in the league or diminish all chance of us going out the league at 2-1 up with Pugh sent off after scoring he produced (I was season ticket holder at the time )the only thing what stood out about that season a run which took him past 6 chesterfield players it was worth getting a season ticket just see that it was fantastic .

Glad he got himself together ,life is hard we all face our daily battles, so heartwarming to know that at rockbottomhe found the strength to become the excellent playerhe is today  

Well done Christian Montano UTV 

He's a good player for this level. Massively inconsistent at times, and also seems to get a lot of niggling sort of injuries, but he's a threat, and would always be in my 11 whether that's as a left wing-back or as a wide player. He has pace, which defenders hate at any level, and isn't scared to have a shot. The fact that he seems a really good bloke and hasn't had an easy past also makes him easy to route for.

44 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13376658/montano-rape-hell-suicide-port-vale/

I'd not seen it Tony, so thanks for bringing it to our attention.  Monty's a great lad and deserves to have turned his life around the way he has.

It certainly seems that way! I'm so proud of Monty and Leggy for the amount of good they're doing, off the pitch!

12 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Think Montano is great I do a few years back when we needed beat Chesterfield at home to stay in the league or diminish all chance of us going out the league at 2-1 up with Pugh sent off after scoring he produced (I was season ticket holder at the time )the only thing what stood out about that season a run which took him past 6 chesterfield players it was worth getting a season ticket just see that it was fantastic .

Glad he got himself together ,life is hard we all face our daily battles, so heartwarming to know that at rockbottomhe found the strength to become the excellent playerhe is today  

Well done Christian Montano UTV 

Totally agree!

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

I think he has been, because he's not naturally a left-back. But I think they're coming round a bit, now? Let's be honest - we haven't always appreciated some of our players: Steve Guppy got a lot of criticism, early doors, as did Gareth Ainsworth.

Was he? I remember his debut when he made two goals with inch perfect crosses. I was young so but it felt like we had something special from the start. 

Only found out about the podcast the other week, and this puts a bit of context to it. I’m glad he is enjoying life with us now.

One of my favourite players. What strikes me about him is that he's a real team player, always willing to play where asked even though, for example, at full back, he'd had no previous experience there. He must have had to work very hard to pull that off. Also has lots of quality, good control and an excellent shot. My MOM on Saturday.

He's also a gentleman off the pitch with a social conscience, helping out at the community hub during lockdown - a credit to the club.

Yes, underrated by some but this season, for me, he's coming into his own. 

Didn't hear/see the feature on Monty so am unaware of his past struggles.

Full marks to the guy for adapting his game and playing out of position to help the Vale out and doing it so well that he can now play well as a left back. He's got oodles of skill, is exciting to watch but can frustrate at times and above all he gives his all for Vale.

Wonder what he makes of England and in particular Stoke-on-Trent compared to Colombia, visited Cartagena on a cruise ship and it's a colorful, stunning city.

He's worth the entrance money. Never know what he's going to do with his Go Go Gadget telescopic legs. Thought Sat was his best performance for us playing up front. Nice that he feels happy here. I feel legend status awaits. Likeable bloke. 

Archived