onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT 32 Port Vale v Wolverhampton Wanderers U21

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
18 year old Canadian/Romanian contracted  untii 2023, cheeky loan?

If we're going to try untested youngsters, I'd much prefer that we give our own a chance first, such as RCG and Agho

Agreed, I would prefer not to have any loan players, unless they are on trial before signing.  

A win and through to the next round didnt watch so can not comment on the game .

Seen the highlights Wolves U21s can count themselves very unlucky to lose .

I also listened to Askeys  post mmatch interview and he was saying most of the players have not being able to train .

That baffled me that I think he meant a lot of the players were not match ready and hadn't had game time .

Anyway Mckirdy scored and also made there goalie make a great save and Mills took his goal well and Hurst should have sealed it .

Money in the club that's the most important thing and 2 wins on the bounce .

51 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

You might only have seen him three times but he played for Crewe against us and chucked Whitfield over the advertising hoardings then played for Carlisle against us last year and did nothing but chuck himself to the ground every five minutes and whinge at the ref.

He did well last night and showed what he is capable of when he puts his mind to it. I hope Askey is persuading him how to make a career in football and we see the best of him in coming months. 

Hahah so he chucked one of our players who cares id love see him doing that for us he gets under peoples skin and is a character i personally would love to see someone like that in our team

and to counter your arguement of vale fans not liking him because of him at crewe. 
Lee hughes murdered someone and i dont remember him getting this much stick for breathing

8 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Hahah so he chucked one of our players who cares id love see him doing that for us he gets under peoples skin and is a character i personally would love to see someone like that in our team

and to counter your arguement of vale fans not liking him because of him at crewe. 
Lee hughes murdered someone and i dont remember him getting this much stick for breathing

Ah, so you think Vale fans should have applauded him for committing GBH against one of our players?  And you have a short memory if you have forgotten the amount of stick the club got when Lee Hughes was signed.

You do rather miss my point about why fans were sceptical when Harry McKirdy signed.  Their experience of him was not the best.  If he performs to the best of his ability at Vale though, all will be forgiven.

22 hours ago, osprey said:

My problem with McKirdy is that he moves around too much - leaves big gaps for others to cover, second half it was clear Askey had told him to hold his position more because first half Mills was constantly left open to their left winger.

It’s ok having all these tricks but we struggle to defend at the best of times having McKirdy wandering all over doesn’t help especially as often he loses the ball too easily - too much of a luxury player for me - that’s my opinion and I know some will disagree

Huge difference when Worral came on - better structure and better crosses which with Pope in the middle is what you need

If McKirdy has been given licence to roam, then it's up to the other players to be sharp enough to close down the spaces he creates? Gascoigne and Hoddle were given similar roles and they didn't do too bad for their teams. I know we're not in the same League...literally...but our boys just need to be focused, expecting that this might happen. Incidentally - the games against Prem teams are allowing us to do some free scouting - Millar (?) from Liverpool looked a prospect, and a couple of Wolves' lads were picked out for praise. Always worth keeping an eye on?

Apologies for echoing comments made by others - I should have read right through, first!

On 08/12/2020 at 22:52, Norfolk Enclue said:

Yes, just Cambridge from League 2 left in the Southern section, and Tranmere and The Vale in t'Northern. Ex Stokie Jon Parkin is making the draw. So that's us off to Hull and back then. 

You weren't that far away, geographically!

Archived