onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT 32 Port Vale v Wolverhampton Wanderers U21

Fosse69

Advert

Why cant Robinson or Cullen kick the ball properly?
McKirdy can shoot, but can Askey make him a useful player? With 5 subs there are more options, needed especially to break down defensive teams. Coaching is the key, what will emerge in the second half of the season?

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

I dont think anybody denies that McKirdy is a talent.  The problem thats plagued his career is attitude and its no coincidence that every club he has been at couldn't wait to get rid.  Its good that he can come in off the wing and cause problems but when it breaks down he has to work very hard to get his position and the teams shape back.  He isn't anywhere near good enough to be given a free role, not even close.

So you have this talented player, who strops around the place believing he should be the first name on the sheet but fails to understand that he lacks the positional discipline to be a team player, thus he accuses the manager of stifling flair play etc...  Great modern wide players like Giggs and Beckham, had to do the hard work first.

If McKirdy could get his head around this, he may have a chance but I suspect he is a bit too dim.

Yes but he's only had one real club Carlisle, the rest were loans. Villa he clearly was never at that level despite being there from age 18 to 22 and never played a game for them.

He has been a nomad so i think the ' every club ' comment is wide of the mark. 

5] Manager David Artell revealed that: "He even said that if money was an issue then he would look to pay his own way. That made me smile. That shows a real desire and hunger to come out on loan and play some football.

He has had a nomadic few years and Carlisle was his first proper deal.

I completely understand the reservations of people, and the putting in the hard yards. Just feel sometimes you need a littlle different at times.

JMW was often castigated for his work rate and lack of tracking back, one of the best players at Vale in the last 10 years comfortably.

I just personally think there has been an agenda against him from the word go and some won't even give him a chance.

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes but he's only had one real club Carlisle, the rest were loans. Villa he clearly was never at that level despite being there from age 18 to 22 and never played a game for them.

He has been a nomad so i think the ' every club ' comment is wide of the mark. 

5] Manager David Artell revealed that: "He even said that if money was an issue then he would look to pay his own way. That made me smile. That shows a real desire and hunger to come out on loan and play some football.

He has had a nomadic few years and Carlisle was his first proper deal.

I completely understand the reservations of people, and the putting in the hard yards. Just feel sometimes you need a littlle different at times.

JMW was often castigated for his work rate and lack of tracking back, one of the best players at Vale in the last 10 years comfortably.

I just personally think there has been an agenda against him from the word go and some won't even give him a chance.

Spot on. The best of it is nobody on here knows what has gone on behind the scenes (or if anything actually has gone on). It’s something I’ve noticed with vale fans in general we seem to prefer this average hard working players rather than ones who stand out with a bit of flair. Whitfield was the same. Mckirdy has a great record in this division the idea that he’s jumped from club to club because of his attitude is just plane wrong and again because people seem to have something against him. 

Posters always say to give the player a chance however some seemingly haven’t with him and instead just try and start rumours about him. 

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Teams get promoted from League Two by being organised and keeping there shape.  They work very hard to get back in shape when they lose the ball etc....

He had 2 managers at Carlisle.  Both commented on his talent but both also commented on his being difficult to manage.  

Artell (wand) didn't go in for him when he was released by Villa for all his good words.

He has a chance here, if he grows up and acknowledges that he is league two for a reason.  If he goes from here, it will be Telford or similar where he ends up.

Teams don't just get promoted by being organised and keeping their shape, they have to have more than that.  Most teams that go up have someone with a bit of x factor about them.  Look at the likes of Charlie Kirk and Danny Mayor who helped clubs get promoted last year, I don't see them helping out their defeneders much.  We as Vale fans seem to think as long as they are running around that will be ok, you need more to get out of the league.

I am not saying McKirdy is the answer but he deserves a chance, for me he had one game at Stevenage and then bombed out of the squad, everyone was awful that night.

Not a good performance, but a win is a win is a win. Win on Saturday, which is much more important, and three wins on the bounce will mean we are well and truly out of the recent rut we found ourselves in. I didn't know too many Wolves players admittedly, but the kid at the back, Ki-Jana Hoever, was very highly thought of at Liverpool and don't be surprised if he's going for 40-50 million in a few years time. At least a few of the players they had on show last night will no doubt go on to have excellent careers.

Yeah thought Wolves were by far the best U21 team we’ve played so far. Some good footballers, fitness looked an issue as they were dead on their feet after 70 minutes at which point we could of had ended up winning 4 or 5-1 but would of been harsh on them.

If you compare them to Liverpool who we opened up many times and should of had far more than the 4 we did get they looked further on.

The number 60 was outstanding

Everyone slating mckirdy on here when they literally know nothing about him and seen him play 3 times. The boy has clearly got talent when hes on his game he can run at people and make things happen. Something we severly lack we are still early on in the season it might be he is adjusting to how we play and isnt ready to start at the moment. But people calling him dim and slating his personality when they literally no nothing about him is wrong. From speaking to one of the players he gets along with all the lads and doesnt cause any trouble so maybe hold back on making up your chinese whispers about him unsettling the squad and give the lad a chance. Even if he doesnt start he is a great option to have on the bench if we are needing a goal in a game

Theo Corbeanu, Canadian. His name kept coming up on the commentary and I think he hit the woodwork at least once. 

He did yea second half with a great hit to be fair.

First time we’ve played an U21 side and felt we were at risk of losing the game. Usually they are like training games which we win without getting into top gear but we soon found out that we would have to up it last night.

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Everyone slating mckirdy on here when they literally know nothing about him and seen him play 3 times. The boy has clearly got talent when hes on his game he can run at people and make things happen. Something we severly lack we are still early on in the season it might be he is adjusting to how we play and isnt ready to start at the moment. But people calling him dim and slating his personality when they literally no nothing about him is wrong. From speaking to one of the players he gets along with all the lads and doesnt cause any trouble so maybe hold back on making up your chinese whispers about him unsettling the squad and give the lad a chance. Even if he doesnt start he is a great option to have on the bench if we are needing a goal in a game

You might only have seen him three times but he played for Crewe against us and chucked Whitfield over the advertising hoardings then played for Carlisle against us last year and did nothing but chuck himself to the ground every five minutes and whinge at the ref.

He did well last night and showed what he is capable of when he puts his mind to it. I hope Askey is persuading him how to make a career in football and we see the best of him in coming months. 

Archived