onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT 32 Port Vale v Wolverhampton Wanderers U21

Fosse69

Robinson had some criticism tonight. I'm not sure why. I though that 45 minute performance was alright. He wasn't great but played ok and offered more than some of the players who were on for 90.

He has had some awful performances and wouldn't be in my 1st 11 but he does have something to offer the squad.

Advert

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

People didn’t think 6 goals was good away at Bolton . So not expecting any praise. We have been the better team and we are winning .. can’t ask for much more.

Saturday was outstanding and showed what the first 11 players could produce.  Like myself, many thought we would loose and the only question would be by how many if they played like they have been and lady luck was against us. 

Tonight was a chance for fringe players to push for a place in the squad/first 11 on saturday, but again some failed to take their chances.  We were not at our best tonight some would say tonight and yes we won, but not convincingly against a side who are just pushing for loan moves to gain in football experience.

But as you say a win is a win and the extra money will help the owners and the club.  

I'd take a couple of their players. Particularly their left back

Saturday was outstanding and showed what the first 11 players could produce.  Like myself, many thought we would loose and the only question would be by how many if they played like they have been and lady luck was against us. 
Tonight was a chance for fringe players to push for a place in the squad/first 11 on saturday, but again some failed to take their chances.  We were not at our best tonight some would say tonight and yes we won, but not convincingly against a side who are just pushing for loan moves to gain in football experience.
But as you say a win is a win and the extra money will help the owners and the club.  

Could have started much better but after that first 25 mins I thought that was OK.

Don't understand the comments about McKirdy. He looked a handful with lots of movement, which is something we have lacked at times, got a bit of skill, nice finish in the 1st half and would have scored a 2nd but for a fantastic save from a really good GK. Certainly has given JA something to think about for league games when we need a spark or something a little different.

Job done.. money in the pot. 

Really big week coming

Could have started much better but after that first 25 mins I thought that was OK.
Don't understand the comments about McKirdy. He looked a handful with lots of movement, which is something we have lacked at times, got a bit of skill, nice finish in the 1st half and would have scored a 2nd but for a fantastic save from a really good GK. Certainly has given JA something to think about for league games when we need a spark or something a little different.
Job done.. money in the pot. 
Really big week coming

My problem with McKirdy is that he moves around too much - leaves big gaps for others to cover, second half it was clear Askey had told him to hold his position more because first half Mills was constantly left open to their left winger.

It’s ok having all these tricks but we struggle to defend at the best of times having McKirdy wandering all over doesn’t help especially as often he loses the ball too easily - too much of a luxury player for me - that’s my opinion and I know some will disagree

Huge difference when Worral came on - better structure and better crosses which with Pope in the middle is what you need

Archived