Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fingers crossed We do well against Bolton. Vales form is starting to affect my marriage. The Missus says I'm obsessed with football. Hope she doesn't leave, we've been together for 16 seasons. 

From one post every 3 mins to 2 posts all game. 👍

Only vale could go 6.1 up and still have me shitting myself at the end

Posted Images

Bolton have improved quite a bit and there's undoubted quality in their side. Their defence isn't great, but that hardly matters as we've had little issue putting the ball in the net.

Defensively we've been really poor, helped out by a good goalkeeper who has now had a couple of normal performances, resulting in us shipping goals. We have one of the poorest defences in the division in terms of restricting the opposition from creating chances.

This is what the analytics fella had to say about us. He predicted we'd start falling into mid-table as soon as Brown had a slight dip in form:

1463426431_Screenshot2020-12-05at09_56_52.thumb.png.88b5d6f72e1dedaf79b7ebc9b3f2920d.png

We're currently bang where we deserve to be. This horrendous run of form will subside eventually, but will it do enough damage to derail a season in which expectations from all were top 7?

A loss today could see us 17th, and in my view that's sackable at the start of December.

I have no idea what the best team to pick would be, so good luck to Askey as I truly believe his job has to be on the line today. 6 league defeats in a row is atrocious (+ Kings Lynn), with our all-time record being 9.

Hopefully he can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Bolton have improved quite a bit and there's undoubted quality in their side. Their defence isn't great, but that hardly matters as we've had little issue putting the ball in the net.

Defensively we've been really poor, helped out by a good goalkeeper who has now had a couple of normal performances, resulting in us shipping goals. We have one of the poorest defences in the division in terms of restricting the opposition from creating chances.

This is what the analytics fella had to say about us. He predicted we'd start falling into mid-table as soon as Brown had a slight dip in form:

1463426431_Screenshot2020-12-05at09_56_52.thumb.png.88b5d6f72e1dedaf79b7ebc9b3f2920d.png

We're currently bang where we deserve to be. This horrendous run of form will subside eventually, but will it do enough damage to derail a season in which expectations from all were top 7?

A loss today could see us 17th, and in my view that's sackable at the start of December.

I have no idea what the best team to pick would be, so good luck to Askey as I truly believe his job has to be on the line today. 6 league defeats in a row is atrocious (+ Kings Lynn), with our all-time record being 9.

“Vale are better than the teams around them going forward”

Really?

9 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

“Vale are better than the teams around them going forward”

Really?

The mid-table sides, apparently so. We're miles off the top 7, but we did score two against Orient and three against Tranmere which would boost things.

Thing it shows, worryingly, how bad our defense has become.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

Listening to askeys interview has confirmed the fact we are doomed he said that we have been creating lots of chances WHAT ?!?!?!? And he also said that last week we played close to our best again WHAT??!?!? Some of what hes been smoking the man has gone crazy if he thinks weve been creating lots of chances and been playing well. 

3:0 defeat today am afraid 

I think it will be a close game, yes we have had a bad run, Askey does need to evolve in his way of thinking if he is going to move the Vale forward.  My team for today would be

Visser

clarke    Brisley.     Smith.   Montano

Joyce

Worral.        Oyeleke

Mckirdy

Pope.         Rodney

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Mentioned about Scott brown saving us earlier in the season and got shot down on here by the usuals. He’s the best keeper in the league and has won us countless points. With an average keeper in the side we would be 5/6 points light imo. 

• Like 1

Bolton 3rd top of the form table (over last 6 games) and have won their last 4 in a row

Vale 2nd bottom of the form table (over last 6 games) and have lost their last 5 in a row

Surely these runs will be broken soon? Let's get a scrappy 2-1 win today

Advert:

Advert:

Don’t see any attacking threat. Mills in for Clark. Much more defensive than Clark. Fitzpatrick at lb more defensive than Monty. Would have like to see Monty at lb, Clark at rb. Rodney out wide and then pope starting but never mind. 

Surprised that Pope hasn’t started tbh. Clark’s been poor for a number of games now, how many chances should he be given to have a decent game before someone else comes in to have a go?