Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fingers crossed We do well against Bolton. Vales form is starting to affect my marriage. The Missus says I'm obsessed with football. Hope she doesn't leave, we've been together for 16 seasons. 

From one post every 3 mins to 2 posts all game. 👍

Only vale could go 6.1 up and still have me shitting myself at the end

Posted Images

Think you have been on the Xmas stuff Howj. Who is capable of scoring? And latterly are we capable of defending?Another nil point I'm afraid.
We haven't struggled scoring in the last few to be fair to them. Its defending where the problems have been.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Think you have been on the Xmas stuff Howj. Who is capable of scoring? And latterly are we capable of defending?Another nil point I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

I  do  agree .Well said . Tommytunstall .

• Like 1

We proved on saturday we can play good football second half I really enjoyed our display bar the 85th minute calamity .

Brown get off your line and if chosen Smith (you will be) do not get caught under the ball and defensively work together as a team.

Play as well on saturday for both halfs and there will only be one winner and it will not be Bolton ,that second half repeated over every game both halfs will see Vale win the remaining whatever how many games there is left (a bit too optimistic that but alltge same if Cullen doesn't block 2 goal bound efforts and Rodney doesn't somehow miss from two yards our where swivellled and somehow put in over the bar we go into this game with a win unfortunately that didnt happen but take confidence from second half display it was very good .

UTV 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

28 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

We proved on saturday we can play good football second half I really enjoyed our display bar the 85th minute calamity .

Brown get off your line and if chosen Smith (you will be) do not get caught under the ball and defensively work together as a team.

Play as well on saturday for both halfs and there will only be one winner and it will not be Bolton ,that second half repeated over every game both halfs will see Vale win the remaining whatever how many games there is left (a bit too optimistic that but alltge same if Cullen doesn't block 2 goal bound efforts and Rodney doesn't somehow miss from two yards our where swivellled and somehow put in over the bar we go into this game with a win unfortunately that didnt happen but take confidence from second half display it was very good .

UTV 

Too positive. Ban him!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of constantly losing matches with the same negative formation, if I see one up front again, think I will end up switching off.  3-5-2 formation for once, why not try something different, if we lost it's only what we expect.

My team would be 

Brown

Clark, Smith, Legge, Brisley, Montano

Manny, Conlon, Worrall

Pope, Cullen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

7 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

UTV 

Fair post I'd say.

You get some (mainly justified imo) stick for going for Smith after every game but I have to say I could've rung his neck after their winner on saturday. He was absolutely bullied.

Brown has gone off it as well.  I'm hoping with him that it's the team being poor in front of him that's filtered through and he'll get back to his dependable self.

• Like 1

I'm sure it will be more of the same. 433 with a lottery draw for the starting striker. To be fair to JA you would have to stick to what you believe in at times like this.

Injuries & covid will dictate changes to personnel but don't think JA will only play anything other than what he feels is the best team, with lads he thinks he can rely upon in his time of need. With question marks over Amoo, would probably mean Monty coming in on the left and switching Wozza to the right. The subs bench maybe more revealing.

I expect us to be competitive as usual away from home (except Stevenage) but the first 20 mins is going to be soooo important - they will have a right go at us knowing we are Mr Glass and don't normally get a result when conceding 1st.

Brown

Clarke Legge Smith Fitzpatrick

Conlon Joyce Manny

Amoo Pope  Wozza

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MBE said:

I'm sure it will be more of the same. 433 with a lottery draw for the starting striker. To be fair to JA you would have to stick to what you believe in at times like this.

Injuries & covid will dictate changes to personnel but don't think JA will only play anything other than what he feels is the best team, with lads he thinks he can rely upon in his time of need. With question marks over Amoo, would probably mean Monty coming in on the left and switching Wozza to the right. The subs bench maybe more revealing.

I expect us to be competitive as usual away from home (except Stevenage) but the first 20 mins is going to be soooo important - they will have a right go at us knowing we are Mr Glass and don't normally get a result when conceding 1st.

Brown

Clarke Legge Smith Fitzpatrick

Conlon Joyce Manny

Amoo Pope  Wozza

AMOO???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Mario said:
31 minutes ago, osprey said:

Even if he starts it’s unlikely he would get to half time

I said before kick off on Saturday that it was too soon for him to come back, he will be missing for weeks now.

Something we seem to have a habit of doing.  Done the same with oleyeke on numerous occasions. When fit we can’t just rush amoo back in again