Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fingers crossed We do well against Bolton. Vales form is starting to affect my marriage. The Missus says I'm obsessed with football. Hope she doesn't leave, we've been together for 16 seasons. 

From one post every 3 mins to 2 posts all game. 👍

Only vale could go 6.1 up and still have me shitting myself at the end

Posted Images

Brilliantly mental vale!

And well done John Askey... I really hope this is the turning point we need!

All though slagging off Rodney last week can I suggest being a little more balanced... the rollercoasters some of you put yourselves through are frightening!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

He’s got a bit more of his trade to learn yet though.  He played well today and on that showing is the leading candidate as the lone striker.  We can see he’s  got all the attributes, bar consistency, which should come with more games.

Totally agree.  When he has learnt more tricks, when to use his power/speed and become more settled in front of the goal, he will be gone from Vale and hopefully for a good amount of money.  Shown he has the tricks and now needs to be more consistent which will come with game time.  

• Like 2

Listening to Bolton channel and analyst at game said Vale were not an average but a poor one!!!

In the studio a caller said that Vale should have been four goals up in first ten minutes and at 1-6 he was seriously fearing a double figure defeat.

Highest number of goals conceded by Bolton at their stadium.

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Having witnessed  the 4-4 against QPR and Manny`s open goal chance  for a 7th goal  I began to wonder.

Still worry about games where we ran the game and still managed to throw good leads away.  

• Like 1

A lot of us look very silly. I've never been in the JA out camp but have rightly questioned things .

My pre-match quote was where's Pope and he's set us up not to lose rather than win. 

Exactly the reason we should leave football people too it and stick to here . 

One swallow doesn't make a summer though so we have to get minimum of 4 from Colchester and FGR . 

Pity Rodders didn't notch but at last he's shown he has got it in the locker rather than headless chicken mode. Needs to push on now. 

Gutted wasn't there as would of been one of those I was there moments 

• Like 2

Advert:

Delighted for the much needed 3 points,but I can't help thinking this was a freak result the defence is giving me kittens,regardless of the result Askey has got to sort it out at the back but well done on the final result.

Have to agree , the defence and defending is terrible at the min

Advert:

I’ll give JA the benefit of the doubt and say that he’s used the blank week well. The first two goals of either half were outstanding.

I’ll echo what I said about Monty, first name on the team sheet for me, irrespective of playing fullback or winger. But Manny, Worrall and Rodney weren’t far behind and I thought Mills did well.

The defence generally though is still a massive, massive concern and when you think that they hit the bar plus had a goal talked out at 6-3 you could easily be talking about dropped points which, from 6-1 would have been a new low for us. Thankfully it wasn’t.

It seems it either feast or famine with us and I’ve no idea where the seemingly solid defence from early doors has gone. 

I will enjoy this win and having the highlights on loop later!!!

Defence still needs sorting, I think for their third goal both legge and milks went fir the same ball leaving the man out wide who the ball fell to and he put it across goal for their player to volley in. I still think Rodney us not up to it.