Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Vale not ever  with a win at Bolton, nor played them before in what was the 4th Division. The Trotters  finding their feet after a disastrous relegation, kicked off with 7 defeats and no wins until their 12th game, but now with a run of 4 league wins. Salford, Stevenage, Scunthorpe, and Southend. How will they cope with a team beginning with P? Will we get the breaks that are still needed even if we perform? At least the November games are now over. What will December bring with 18 points to play for? Will Santa be kind?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fingers crossed We do well against Bolton. Vales form is starting to affect my marriage. The Missus says I'm obsessed with football. Hope she doesn't leave, we've been together for 16 seasons. 

From one post every 3 mins to 2 posts all game. 👍

Only vale could go 6.1 up and still have me shitting myself at the end

Posted Images

The only time I can remember us winning away at Bolton was 2-1 in the Cup in 88/89 (I think) with a headed winner (can’t remember who) in front of a packed away end stood next to the supermarket (we were sat undercover at the side). 

I’m hopeful we can get something, our luck / form has to change sometime. But this game will tell us a lot. We have a free week and so will have time for some frank discussions around what is going wrong and how to address and put in some work on the training ground.

So I think it will be 1-1 with us scoring early from a set-piece / penalty / worldie, albeit with more late heartbreak. Old habits and all....

I think another defeat, irrespective of the nature of it, and the owners really do have a decision to make.

And they've done it without sacking their manager. Who'd have thought that was possible?

Doyle suddenly hitting form. The laughing stock of the division a month ago now above us in the table.
We aren't getting murdered , sadly don't see anything here 2-1 . 
  • Like 2

Advert:

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The only time I can remember us winning away at Bolton was 2-1 in the Cup in 88/89 (I think) with a headed winner (can’t remember who) in front of a packed away end stood next to the supermarket (we were sat undercover at the side). 

I’m hopeful we can get something, our luck / form has to change sometime. But this game will tell us a lot. We have a free week and so will have time for some frank discussions around what is going wrong and how to address and put in some work on the training ground.

So I think it will be 1-1 with us scoring early from a set-piece / penalty / worldie, albeit with more late heartbreak. Old habits and all....

I think another defeat, irrespective of the nature of it, and the owners really do have a decision to make.

Is that the one where coaches got bricked by the Bolton fans? I am sure i went this one

Advert:

Good evening fellow Valiants,

One of Jeff's sources tells him that our friends in Bolton have been rumoured to be having sleepless nights at the mere prospect of having to face a side managed by John Colin Askey.

The story goes that video footage circulated throughout the Bolton team of John Colin Askey giving his usual post match interview, and after having to sit through over a minute of John enunciating with such venom and passion the Bolton players have been refusing to go anywhere near a football pitch.

One player was heard comparing John to William Wallace with another stating the following... "Listening to him reminds me of the bloke Al Pacino played in Any Given Sunday, he's got such fire in his belly."

Anyway fellow Valiants, i'll leave you with a fun fact. Did you know that the smell of fresh cut grass comes from the chemicals plants release when in distress? Pretty incredible.

All the very best,

Jeff.

Edited by Jeff.

5 hours ago, philmpv said:

And they've done it without sacking their manager. Who'd have thought that was possible?

The fact its virtually a brand new squad of players you have to give them time to gel them together - the slow start was inevitable.  I think we are well past that phase!!

• Like 1

Can only see another defeat here. Hope Askey can prove me wrong but i doubt it. The pressure will build yet again leaving Carol with no where else to go. The only thing keeping Askey in a job is the fact there are no fans in the ground.

Advert:

I hate how people judge a press conference as a way of understanding how the manager manages his players.

When Agent Jones took over at Luton he loved thumping his chest with passion - fortunately he was absolutely garbage. 

I'll take a quiet, boring, press conference every day of the week if we can get into the playoffs.

• Like 4