onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Is it telling the players NOT on the bench yesterday Crookes, Whitehad, McKirdy & Robinson?  The pizza trophy team might tell us more? 

Lets all hope and pray yesterdays fabulous result will kick start home performances and JA now has a coherent plan b & c in his back pocket when a is not working.

On the defence I do think criticism of the defence yesterday is a bit harsh to even though we conceded 3. At 6-1 up our players where enjoying themselves and pushing on looking like we where going to score 7 or even more. If the where 1 or 2 goals up there is absolutely no way we would have conceded them goals allowing them that much room. 

22 hours ago, blackdog said:

Blank sheets are crucial.

They indicate the defensive quality of a team, but a 2-1 is worth more points than a 0-0.  However without a reasonable number of blanks teams are not usually promoted and it  is a good indicator.  Vale managed 14 blank sheets the last time they were Champions but scored 110 goals, lost 3 of their first 5 home games and drew the other 2.  Points are crucial too.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

You're doing a good enough job of that yourself lately TB. You don't need Askey emoji38.png

Haha! If it's one thing I'll give myself a bit of credit for, it's that I don't hide away when I'm wrong and admit when I find out myself that I'm talking <ovf censored>. Both things happen quite frequently to be fair.

But at least I'm here talking <ovf censored> about Port Vale and not Liverpool or the Premier League. 😉

52 minutes ago, MBE said:

Is it telling the players NOT on the bench yesterday Crookes, Whitehad, McKirdy & Robinson?  The pizza trophy team might tell us more? 

Lets all hope and pray yesterdays fabulous result will kick start home performances and JA now has a coherent plan b & c in his back pocket when a is not working.

On the defence I do think criticism of the defence yesterday is a bit harsh to even though we conceded 3. At 6-1 up our players where enjoying themselves and pushing on looking like we where going to score 7 or even more. If the where 1 or 2 goals up there is absolutely no way we would have conceded them goals allowing them that much room. 

Covid isolations are also a factor, see who appears on Tuesday

17 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Wasn't Allardyce their centre half and he kicked, was it Woodward, all over the park all game? The atmosphere was toxic.....and Bolton fans bricked Vale fans leaving the Railway paddock....last game my Mum went as she was scared to death leaving Railway paddock.

Last game my missus went was the 7-1 win over Burton, so next time we need a win, I'm going try persuade her to turn up!

Oh look, Captain Argumentative has waded in.

That season, United had two 20 goal strikers and one of them won PFA player of the year. So in the context of the original post by Valiant 593 suggesting we needed a 15-20 goal centre forward, you referencing Steve Bruce's excellent season for Manchester United in 1990/91 doesn't actually contradict his argument.

24 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

It wasn't meant to.  It was meant to point out that the foolishness of moaning about who is scoring goals when in fact we have scored as many as Newport.  It seems that too many folk are desperate for Vale to fail so Aksey gets sacked.  I didn't think you were one of them.  My mistake.

Sting wonders if you need to make a few changes in life to help you to catch and reel in the great old fish of happiness. If you would like to talk about how you can achieve this Sting would be happy to talk. You deserve good luck ISO. 

Live long and set your spirit free.

Agree about Manny, one of my favourite players in this squad. Not only is he a great footballing talent for us, he is a gentleman off the pitch working with the community hub. I too would play him every week, injuries permitting, because he's really committed whatever position he's played in. Undersung hero in my view. 

I do think Manny need to be told to play higher up the pitch and look for those killer attacking balls more, he’s got the ability!

Last point from this game and many where we’ve played the 3 up top... is the position always of the central striker.

Having watched Robo, Cullen and Rodney play at the center, they all do way too much work, left or right of centre... they’ve got to stay more central and higher up the pitch if the ‘striker’ is going to score goals....

They’ve got to be in and around that 18 yard box more, not running a channel.

That hiding as been coming for a while now, we’ve created a lot of chances in most games, but just not been clinical. I’d like to see us ship a couple out come Jan and bring in a few more clinical (Hughes type) players

On 06/12/2020 at 15:34, MBE said:

why? do you think they were delivering pizzas!:drunk::drink::hello:

Archived