onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Is this the game in the 70's ? Marred by crowd trouble? If it is , it's the only football game my mum has been in her life. 

My dad never took her again after that day . Not sure if they were close to the trouble or the whole thing was upsetting to her. 

Fortunately my dad continued and took me. 

One of the few times Vale and Stoke fans stood together.Mayhem on the Bycars.

Advert

Well, who saw that coming? Good win which was absolutely needed.still a hell of a lot of improvement needed though as we need to score six every week at the minute to stand a chance of winning. Defending is shambolic at times which is surprising after last season. I still think it’s more to do with midfield though. One ball and the opposition is at us straight away. 

Still, well done to all involved. We desperately needed that. 

Regarding the defence was it bad or did we just switch off and take foot of the gas thinking job done? Doyle’s strike was a good finish to be fair but the third was a bad error from Brown as that’s one he collects easily 99 times out of 100.

Hopefully just getting lax as we were so far ahead and we did tighten up once they got their third. First half though I thought we defended very well under immense pressure, had the ball which Manny was weak in the tackle with but other than that we did our jobs against two very good hitmen once we got to grips with their full backs. That header from Legge was world class to clear that a yard out flying across at pace with Doyle behind really to nod home. Pivotal moment as if he heads it in his own net or misses it for Doyle to score at 2-2 it’s a different game.

Work to be done but we could and should of done what we did to Bolton to Orient second half when we battered them and things just weren’t dropping or blocks where happening.

We need to fine tune the balance now between defence and attack but main thing from today will be the huge weight of the lads and confidence which had clearly been shot to pieces in recent weeks. When they got their third I was the typical Vale fan fearing they’d get a point! Even on 88 minutes I thought oh my god if they score now we will have 6 of injury and remember Tranmere!

Black kit seems fairly lucky too, 4 wins in 6 wearing it which away from home is a good record! One of the losses was to Fleetwood with our second string too! We do look smart but mean in it... like NZ rugby it just looks like we mean business.

It’s a fantastic result, I woke up and checked the score just to be sure it wasn’t a dream! 6-3 and slightly frustrated it was only 6 with the chances we didn’t take and could have had 4 in that crazy first 10 minutes.

Leggey must be top scorer now?

18 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Whos scoring us a goal in that team 😂😂😂 literally laughable. 

6 different players i think

What i did notice is that you only posted twice during a game where we go 6-1 up..... yet match threads over the last few weeks you have posted many many times during the games mainly with your Askey outs....... odd that

14 hours ago, TylerB said:

Still conceded three though. Our defence was the strongest part of our side for a while not too long ago and now it's suddenly become the weakest, and is becoming a problem. It wasn't so much a problem today as we got the 3 points regardless, but as a whole we're conceding goals left, right and centre, and it's concerning. Even Brown is now looking a million miles from being anything like the best keeper in the league. He'll come good again of course, but as a perfectly capable number two surely Visser deserves a go.

Being honest here i dont mind us conceding 3 every game as long as we score 4+ it was a cracking game of attacking football,its been a long time coming,for goodness sake lets just enjoy it and not try to come up with negatives.

Those players played for Askey yesterday no doubt about it,i thought Monty had one of his best games for us especially when playing out wide,manny was the manny of old(and fit) and i have to say Rodders did a hell of a lot of work,yes he is raw,yes he makes mistakes but he isn't half as bad as some make out,more to come from him.

14 hours ago, TylerB said:

So despite the win we still managed to concede three (and it could have been 2 or 3 more) against a side that doesn't really score goals, certainly not many of them, to add to all of the goals we've been conceding lately. Scoring six goals and getting three points is fantastic, but it doesn't take away that fact. We've gone quickly from having one of the best defences in the league to being a shambles at the back. Close your eyes and ignore it if you like.

wow just unbelievable after a win

you say we could of conceded a couple more,surely you watched the game so might of noted we could of scored another 6 so....

12 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Yes I think it is less than 2 years after having an awful team and nearly being liquidated.

We can hope that we have a successful season but to expect or demand it isn't fair in my opinion.

Don’t agree. Sitting mid table in league 2 isn’t progress or a successful season

45 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

6 different players i think

What i did notice is that you only posted twice during a game where we go 6-1 up..... yet match threads over the last few weeks you have posted many many times during the games mainly with your Askey outs....... odd that

Indeed. Having read through the match thread it was noticeable that a number our more miserable tossers were absent without leave!

13 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Yes I think it is less than 2 years after having an awful team and nearly being liquidated.

We can hope that we have a successful season but to expect or demand it isn't fair in my opinion.

So our owner literally says 'we aren't doing 8th again', we finished 8th last season, and yet you're quite content with being slap bang in the middle of the worst professional league in the country?

Could Carol make it any more obvious that she is expecting/demanding the playoffs?

Some Vale fans talk themselves into 'being bad is alright, to be fair'. I'm expecting the playoffs this year.

Archived