onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Can't agree with that, Joe.  Brown's normal performances over the last two seasons have been excellent.  His recent drop in standards has not been normal at all for him.

Fair Jean, let me rephrase that sentence.

Brown has been excellent but, as a League 2 keeper, he will have subpar games, and when he does we ship goals. Even his subpar games haven't seen any egregious errors; a few shots he should have done better with, and maybe a few instances where he should come off his line (which he has never excelled at).

Ideally we'd want to have a defense resolute enough to ensure that Brown has much less to do, thereby mitigating any 'off days' he will inevitably have as a keeper at this level. We don't, meaning our defensive fortunes are tied to Scott Brown each week.

Advert

13 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Surprised that Pope hasn’t started tbh. Clark’s been poor for a number of games now, how many chances should he be given to have a decent game before someone else comes in to have a go? 

as long as someone like legge? He has been off for ages yet is consistently picked. Clark is class and a far better player than mills. Seems a very defensive move to me. As the whole side does today

I must have genuinely missed Clark being poor.

Do people mean he's been poor by comparison to his superb standards of March this year? Or poor compared to everyone else?

He's definitely not playing as well as he did but he hasn't stood out as being really bad. I'd pick 5 of that 11 today who I'd drop before him (Legge, Conlon, Manny, Rodney, Fitz).

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

If he was injured we wouldn't be told about it. That's the Vale way at the minute. It took about two weeks before someone thought to mention that Whitehead was injured; I was wondering if he had long Covid.

Who does the comms etc? 

39 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Surprised that Pope hasn’t started tbh. Clark’s been poor for a number of games now, how many chances should he be given to have a decent game before someone else comes in to have a go? 

He doesn’t get on with pope though does he? I heard that he nearly was allowed to leave before the transfer deadline. Not sure if anyone else heard similar?

24 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Expect the game plan today is not leak goals , keep it tight and nick a 1-0 win.

It never works for Vale trying that method, it always goes wrong.

Can only see us loosing with Plan A.  Hit to the striker double marked.  Rodney too fast for the midfield to keep up with him as well.  This was commentated on in the last game when he ran with the ball.

Please Vale prove us wrong and come away with 3 points and the side gaining confidence in the win.

Archived