onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

I think it will be a close game, yes we have had a bad run, Askey does need to evolve in his way of thinking if he is going to move the Vale forward.  My team for today would be

Visser

clarke    Brisley.     Smith.   Montano

Joyce

Worral.        Oyeleke

Mckirdy

Pope.         Rodney

Advert

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Bolton have improved quite a bit and there's undoubted quality in their side. Their defence isn't great, but that hardly matters as we've had little issue putting the ball in the net.

Defensively we've been really poor, helped out by a good goalkeeper who has now had a couple of normal performances, resulting in us shipping goals. We have one of the poorest defences in the division in terms of restricting the opposition from creating chances.

This is what the analytics fella had to say about us. He predicted we'd start falling into mid-table as soon as Brown had a slight dip in form:

1463426431_Screenshot2020-12-05at09_56_52.thumb.png.88b5d6f72e1dedaf79b7ebc9b3f2920d.png

We're currently bang where we deserve to be. This horrendous run of form will subside eventually, but will it do enough damage to derail a season in which expectations from all were top 7?

A loss today could see us 17th, and in my view that's sackable at the start of December.

I have no idea what the best team to pick would be, so good luck to Askey as I truly believe his job has to be on the line today. 6 league defeats in a row is atrocious (+ Kings Lynn), with our all-time record being 9.

Hopefully he can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Mentioned about Scott brown saving us earlier in the season and got shot down on here by the usuals. He’s the best keeper in the league and has won us countless points. With an average keeper in the side we would be 5/6 points light imo. 

Ummm. Really not sure about that side. At best I see 0-0, more realistically 3-0 them. That is not me being defeatist, but unless, in the last 7 days Rodney has learned how to make the ball stick up top, Manny has rediscovered that extra yard of pace, Conlon has learned how to be a ball carrier and Fitz learned how to control the nosebleeds he gets by passing the half way line then I think we’ll be under the cosh quite a bit without any threat at the other end. I really hope I’m wrong but I fear a long afternoon ahead.

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

Defensively we've been really poor, helped out by a good goalkeeper who has now had a couple of normal performances, resulting in us shipping goals.

Can't agree with that, Joe.  Brown's normal performances over the last two seasons have been excellent.  His recent drop in standards has not been normal at all for him.

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Can't agree with that, Joe.  Brown's normal performances over the last two seasons have been excellent.  His recent drop in standards has not been normal at all for him.

He’s right. Brown has been outstanding and we’ve become used to it. As soon as he performs averagely we concede goals. Over the years he has saved us countless times and we would be 5/6 points off without him. 

Archived