Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop turning on each other with abuse its ridiculous.  Disagree by all means . We are all sick to death of what's going on but abusing others is crackers   

But everyone was delighted that all the players we had last season re-signed.  Folk were orgasmic when Smith re-signed.  Yet now they're rubbish, too old, etc.  Some re-writing of history going on on

I know it’s sacrilege to suggest it but does anyone else think Scott Brown has fallen below his usual extremely high standards recently?

Posted Images

i think youll find plenty of it on social media. we have more than enough of those who are happy with the status quo. that wont get us into a higher league position sadly.

My point was if someone has even a slightly more positive view they get labelled Happy Clapper.
All Vale fans want us to do well but not everyone has the same view of how to go about it - that’s life
  • Like 7

Just now, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i think youll find plenty of it on social media. we have more than enough of those who are happy with the stauts quo. that wont get us into a higher league position sadly.

It depends what you mean by the status quo.  My current view is that whoever the manager is we need a couple of better players in key positions.  I’m not shouting for the managers head yet, I’m still open minded about Askey, but ultimately it’s the players out on the pitch that’ll decide his fate. At the moment it’s not looking great for him.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Genuine question from someone who's become a bit of a part-time supporter. What's changed from the end of last season (and perhaps the start of this one)? I expect Jake Taylor is a significant factor but don't understand why everyone's now all 'oH gOd ASkeY iS so bORiNg' when a few months back it was all inaskeywetrust? Same manager, mostly the same squad, possibly a little better in some areas. Was he papering over cracks last season or are people going overboard this?

The problem now is expectation. When JA came in he needed to stabilize the club and IMO he did better than that. He got us believing again in promotion. Now it’s gone sour.   The acid test he faces is can he turn this around. Before, 5 defeats could be explained away. Not now though. 

Edited by VantaaVale

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It depends what you mean by the status quo.  My current view is that whoever the manager is we need a couple of better players in key positions.  I’m not shouting for the managers head yet, I’m still open minded about Askey, but ultimately it’s the players out on the pitch that’ll decide his fate. At the moment it’s not looking great for him.

Genuine question that might hold answers for so many of us.

What is our scouting network / system ?

How do we find the players that we need ?

9 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Orient fans stated they did a "smash and grab raid" on Port Vale today ,as Port Vale deserved to win .That second half certainly.Worrying times but hopefully we turn these results around.We are certainly missing Gibbons.

I agree we are missing his attributes, but we aren’t losing games because he’s missing though. Players are making errors and we are being punished for them. Players are underperforming and the manager is making tactical errors too. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chopper Harris said:

Absolutely spot on. Completely agree. 

A lot of fans are this forum are too impatient. 

Define impatient. I called out Askey this time last year for the number of late goals and consequently dropped points. 

The fact is we can now basically write off this season. Defeatist? Maybe, but we have now lost as many league games as we did last year. Who thinks we can go the rest of the season unbeaten??

And show me a team that got promotion after losing 8 of its first 15 games (remember “we’ll get a good feel for where we are at after 10 games” as we’re always told) I bet there aren’t many.

So, realistically we are set for another season in L2, worst case the Conference because, as I said earlier, this run has got a relegation feel to it after today.

Edited by Biddulph_PV

Advert:

29 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

been saying that about smith for 2+ years and everytime get shot down. so overrated its untrue. carried by other defenders and now legge is struggling for form its showing up what a poor player he is. simple.

How does this insight help us in our current predicament? Too many lay the blame at this player or that player. Last time I checked, football is a team game. Right now as a team, players and management, results are just not good enough. Now it is the first serious test of the owners (who I think are great btw) We need to find a solution because expectation is the driving force. 

Edited by VantaaVale

15 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Define impatient. I called out Askey this time last year for the number of late goals and consequently dropped points. 

Last season those late goals turned wins into draws. This season draws to defeats.😔

Edited by MBE

We seem to play the same way every week , get the ball wide to Amoo Worrall etc then cross into the box with no one attacking the ball

Striker isolated every week , no midfielders up in support or getting beyond the striker

It’s all very predictable every week and boring

Can anyone see Askey turning this around ????
Yes we dominated second half today but we don’t seem to be inventive or clinical

We need a change I’m afraid or I just see more of the same every week

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I missed most of the first half so can’t comment on that, but we did dominate the second half without a doubt.

But we still need s half decent striker which we dont have and which we needed at the start of the season 

Advert:

38 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

been saying that about smith for 2+ years and everytime get shot down. so overrated its untrue. carried by other defenders and now legge is struggling for form its showing up what a poor player he is. simple.

A bit harsh, you’re just looking for someone to scapegoat. He’s been undoubtedly one of our most consistent performers of the last 3 or 4 seasons. How do you explain him being so consistent with the amount of defensive partners he had under Aspin for example? Were they all carrying him too? Are players carrying him when he’s dominating centre forwards and winning his own personal battles during most games? He’s just going through a blip at the moment like all players will do. 

Edited by PV1973

What I would note is that it's all gone really quiet on Twitter etc. Little for ages from the owner or her team, little really from Tideswell, no post match videos of players coming off the pitch etc. It's really different. What a shame we agreed on last season finishing early and the final few games being cancelled due to no fans going in grounds , what difference did that make?

I was surprised when Fitzpatrick was taken off.He was ,probably,having his best game for us.Maybe he could have prevented their third goal.At the time of him going off  Monty looked our most dangerous player  and may have scored in any case.The goal came virtually straight after the Pope for Fitz change.Did we need Pope on?We had 2 strikers on already.Pope did nothing when he came on.Orient were lucky to get a throw in ,in the second half.Our heads dropped when they scored their second.They should have scored again.Second half I thought we were a bit unlucky.The ball didn’t drop kindly for us in the box.Rodney should have done better a  couple of times but apart from that...