Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop turning on each other with abuse its ridiculous.  Disagree by all means . We are all sick to death of what's going on but abusing others is crackers   

But everyone was delighted that all the players we had last season re-signed.  Folk were orgasmic when Smith re-signed.  Yet now they're rubbish, too old, etc.  Some re-writing of history going on on

I know it’s sacrilege to suggest it but does anyone else think Scott Brown has fallen below his usual extremely high standards recently?

Posted Images

Somethings got to happen, we're in absolute freefall now.

It just felt completely inevitable that they'd get one.  We were on top second half, fair enough, but I never bought into Bowers and yates doing their best to drum up optimism that we were going on to win it.

Again, what the hell were we doing for that last goal?! Shocking defending, simply shocking.

I think Askey has to go.  I don't see him improving anything or having the nouse to get us turning the corner.

Unfortunately I've got no idea whatsoever as to who I'd bring in.

Graham Alexander maybe? But mainly because I cannot think of a single other name.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

thing is if askey does go the cheap option is to put sinclair in the manager role. our club is synonymous with the word cheap . its been like that for a over a decade.

pay peanuts expect monkeys.

Only as a stop gap. Sinclair is a brilliant coach but he's no manager. Have you seen his record? 

Advert:

I hope no one claims they aren’t playing for the manager after that second half. 

If we had a crowd in I seriously think we would have won that today

Orient only got in our penalty area once second half

Their 2nd goal sums up that we are not getting the run of the green- plenty of scrambles in their area 2nd half and nothing falls clearly to us

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I hope no one claims they aren’t playing for the manager after that second half. 

In some respects that’s worst. At least if they weren’t then we’d be assured there were better days ahead of us under someone else. 

But again, we huffed and puffed but it was only a screamer from the one player in the team with that X factor, but again our much lauded defence showed themselves to be as resistant as a chocolate fire guard and bosch.... game over.

2 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

When you’ve calmed down Carol and co, please could you make a statement to the fans via the press as to what your plans are regarding the on field situation. 

I'd expect her to say, as a good owner, that she'll back the manager's plans all she can.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

It was a lot better.

But something is wrong isn't it?

I feel absolutely distraught after that. We're in one of those ruts where it's all just inevitable.

Somethings got to change.  The amount of late goals we concede is just beyond a joke.

We cannot carry on as we are that's for sure.

Its another game we have lost that we didn't deserve lose. Leyton orient are more clinical than us put some excellent blocks and tackles in whereas we huffed and puffed but like normal dont have it in us to put the chances way. 

We arnt getting much luck with injuries and every chance or mistake we make getting punished and I dont think that will change untill we get a new manager in so im afraid mr askey you have got to go.

Advert:

Not getting the run of the green? 

Im sick of reading quotes like that. We’ve been awful for weeks. We looked better going forward today but defensively we’re worse than you would see in a pub match. We equalised due to a wonder goal. Something posters on here have been saying was unlucky in recent weeks when Scunthorpe scores one. 

Were not good enough. The manager isn’t up to it. He’s signed rubbish players and our squad is nowhere near up to it. Every team below us has between 1 and 3 games in hand. 

Askey out ASAP before we get dragged into a bloody relegation battle 

• Like 2

Another late goal; a carbon copy of the goal against Tranmere. Woeful marking at the back stick.

All three were atrocious defensive wise. We've actually been poor defensively all season, but the stats suggested Scott Brown was keeping us alive. Eventually, he'd return to more ordinary levels. He has, and now we concede 2-3 a game, with different line ups in frotn of him.

We create a lot of 'opportunities to shoot' without shooting. Our goals came from a wonder goal and a set piece. The keeper had precious little to do, despite our huffing and puffing.

6 defeats on the bounce. Promotion expectations in tatters. Players heads completely gone. An inability to solve the late goal issue.

Askey has done a good job. Micky Adams did a better one. After 6 defeats, he admitted it had probably gone too far and walked away. I think the same is needed here unless we want another 2 seasons in this dreadful league.

• Like 2