onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

14 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Askey in for me but he really needs a new Centre half a defensive minded right back and cover for Joyce and a new striker or play Pope but in my opinion we cannot keep on asking Popey to save us we need new heroes ,I've wrote this season off now but I expect when covid has gone Vale still to have a fanbase 6 defeats in a row will just encourage folk to just not bother going when the time is to go back which to me is the most disappointing aspect of this debacle and terrible run of results which have occured .

It must not go on but do we trust these players put a end to it ,I'm not trusting my message to them is prove me wrong 

UTV 

This is why I'm losing faith fast with Askey - you are correct we needed a new CB, CM + ST but in the summer! I worried about our recruitment in the summer but wanted to keep faith.

I felt we needed some young blood adding to our aging squad but instead, out of the 7 players, we signed 2 that were under 27 and 3 over-30's!

I felt we needed first team replacements for Legge, Joyce and Pope, instead we just made our bench slightly better than last year. And still have to rely on 35 year olds to play 50+ games a season.

I felt we needed some extra creativity but all we got was McKirdy that never gets a game.

As an owner, you have to trust your manager's judgement. But if you ask someone to go and buy dinner, hoping for steak, and they go and buy offal, there's not much you can do.

Advert

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

The times of the goals against and in my opinion the manner of them are making Port Vale the laughing stock of the area ,I mean the rival fans are loving it (not all but I should imagine a fair few of them are loving the Vale self destruction)it's making them happier than there own teams efforts ,says a lot really .

When you look at the overall record of J Askey as manager he has won 25 drawn 23 and lost 22 of his games since becoming manager so that's a one in 3 win rate by my reckoning but this run of defeats needs to stop and how does it stop it by defending properly which lets face it we have not been doing .

Every game there looks to me like players not putting there bodies on the line for the club and that's unacceptable S Brown for example is always rooted to  this line the first goal sat why is he not on his toes to come and claim the ball it's a floated cross it's in his 6 yard area. 

Tranmere and Scunthorpe winning goals ,yes they are good hits but our players were either diving on the floor because they were not brave enough take a hit Conlon and Oyeleke I think  (smith isn't the only one feel my wrath ) well surely committed Vale player takes one in his midriff for the club .

Newport whoever's man it was supposed be cost us that game how did Burgess get isolated from the corner where was Ellisons marker so whoever's it was cost us a point there .

I could go on Clark always when defending let's himself get the wrong side of the oppositions winger ,I've not being overly impressed with him going forwards he is good when he is positive his defensive side leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion .

Defensively a shambles v Tranmere they scored 5 second half goals (1 wrongly disallowed )Scunthorpe only come in our 3 times Loft went past Smith like he wasn't there and hit the post ,that lad hit a screamer and Oyeleke may as well have being making the tea in the paddock and the same player should have had a penalty awarded against him aswell .Leyton Orient sat they had 3 shots on target they all went in and another situation where they narrowly missed where Smith was no where near his man .

The second goal the benny hill one one question for Mr Smith lovers why is he the only Vale player so deep when the shot comes in why isn't out of the box attacking the ball and originally he did block the shot then whacked the ball against his own player Fitzpatrick (where was the communication then it deflected back Leggey did his best but to no avail and even then Smith could have blocked the shot but threw himself on the floor and wouldn't take one for the team  

The third goal that goes down as a assist from that player who most love on this website and came after Vale had played a really good second half which should have resulted in the scoreline Vale 5 Leyton Orient2 but instead read as we all know .

If you look at the opposition goals from the past month we are beating ourselvesthats more annoying than being deservedly beaten .

Askey in for me but he really needs a new Centre half a defensive minded right back and cover for Joyce and a new striker or play Pope but in my opinion we cannot keep on asking Popey to save us we need new heroes ,I've wrote this season off now but I expect when covid has gone Vale still to have a fanbase 6 defeats in a row will just encourage folk to just not bother going when the time is to go back which to me is the most disappointing aspect of this debacle and terrible run of results which have occured .

It must not go on but do we trust these players put a end to it ,I'm not trusting my message to them is prove me wrong 

UTV 

Very true that some of the goals we’ve conceded have been horrendous. I’d be more concerned about the types of goals. Forget orients first, that’s a calamity you rarely see. There were 2 very similar ones where we’ve got done at the back post (orient and Tranmere) where they had a player coming in from the touch line unmarked. Also the 2 goals we’ve conceded from losing our shape at set pieces (Scunthorpe and orient) where our players are all over the place. The 2 goals at Stevenage where they’ve managed to score with ease through the middle of our centre halves. There are 2 similar goals from Cambridge and Tranmere where they’ve got behind Clark and scored at the back post inbetween the left back and centrehalf. All those goals have similar issues that should be analysed by the club. 

We’ve already got a defensive minded right back in Mills. 

On 29/11/2020 at 17:47, Jacko51 said:

I like Sting.  It's the failed attempts to copy him that I don't!

It would be helpful if you could make your mind up about Sting. It would of course be pleasing if you have come to the conclusion that Sting is a fine gent, a correct opinion too ISO, the offer of a smoke would remain on the table.

Peace is Sting's gift.

Archived