onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

VFIA is right that Smith has dropped his standards recently but so has pretty much the entire squad.

Stevenage he played a huge part in their first goal and I thought he was terrible for Orients 3rd, stretching for a header and then ended up on the floor. 

However Nathan Smith is only part of a team and squad and it is unfair to continue to chastise him seemingly based on being a Lardie. 

Legge has also dropped off and let's face it as well as a different striker every game we seem to have a different left back every game too. That is not good for defensive cohesion. I'm not making excuses it's a fact. Fitzpatrick one week then not in the squad, Monty the odd game then benched and then Crookes. 

Just give Smith a bit more leeway as he is far from our biggest issue. Though as I said his form is pretty pap whether he supports Lard, Liverpool or Fleetwood. 

Agreed he’s one of many who’s not on top form, but he certainly wasn’t solely to blame for yesterday’s defeat which was being said in VFIA’s previous post. 

Was it you that said a disruptive player can’t be blamed for the run of results? I think I agree with you on that. We’ve got too many strong pros in the dressing room to let that person get on top IMO. 

Advert

The dreadful run continues, which ever side you blame... Askey or the players that seem to be disrupting the camp, it’s really only a matter of time before change has to come.... and that won’t be players changing.

Another few defeats and Askey will be on a knife edge and rightly so. The man is very one dimensional, little by way of plan B, little by way of motivating a group of professionals (it seems)

Give it time and change will come, remember his/our objective this year, with the support the owners have given him, was/is ‘at least the play offs’ if he falls short, he’ll go, this is a business and the owners know how to run one of them!

13 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Agreed he’s one of many who’s not on top form, but he certainly wasn’t solely to blame for yesterday’s defeat which was being said in VFIA’s previous post. 

Was it you that said a disruptive player can’t be blamed for the run of results? I think I agree with you on that. We’ve got too many strong pros in the dressing room to let that person get on top IMO. 

Yes I also said it 18 months ago with the alleged trio of Miller, Whitfield and Hannant. 

Is anyone telling me that Pope or Legge for example hasn't had that person by the scruff of the neck and given them a bit of what for ? 

Also Brown is an experienced pro who must of encountered all sorts. 

If I personally worked with a disruptive influence they'd soon be taken to task and it wouldn't affect my daily output. Seems to be an inference that possibility of someone like Mckirdy Is upsetting the applecart. Again he's an easy target because he's new and somewhat of a maverick. 

It's only my opinion and I'm purely guessing but I don't think off field shenanigans have anything to do with our slump. It's a lack of confidence and oomph at crucial moments.

One slight bit of glimmer of hope is that nobody is turning us over big style. Every single defeat is by one goal and I know someone will say that it doesn't matter because we still lost but I don't foresee a 1-6 like Lincoln or a 4-0 drubbing by someone else. Just trying to think of something positive !! 

Ps Cambridge was 3-1 😂

Last thing - Defensively we are conceding way too many goals, that’s a massive worry in a team that had one of the best defensive records last season. That’s the problem, you can’t go into a game having to score 2/3 or 4 goals we haven’t got it in us!

It’s not solely about the defensive players, you defend in all positions BUT as some have said, Legge, smith have to take a long hard look at themselves 1st and then consider how they are managing a players through the game.

Simply not good enough and they’ll need to shape up or we bring in reinforcements come Jan by way of loans.

Not sure why people are looking for some dark reason for our abject performances.  If the ball bounces off my foot 10 yards when I try to trap it that’s not because I’ve fallen out with a teammate.  If I lose concentration towards the end of the game that’s not because I’ve got a grudge against the manager.  You can probably look into dressing room of any top title winning club and things won’t be all sweetness and light.  It’s what happens when the players get onto the pitch that matters and we simply aren’t doing enough.

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Here's one for anybody interested

Question

Who is the number one / first choice left back.

Answers on a postcard please as I'm bewildered. 

With gibbo out I have no idea and neither does askey. Same for the forwards. One game they start, the next not in the squad and then they start again 

29 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Here's one for anybody interested

Question

Who is the number one / first choice left back.

Answers on a postcard please as I'm bewildered. 

Who has been since Dickinson left?

Absoloute disgrace we’ve gone this many seasons without a recognised left back.

Almost enjoyed yesterday's game. Excellent start. 
Fell away.
Very anxious in defence leading to comic book goals.
Hit the heights second half.
Again probably trying to hard and becoming anxious in front of goal.
Stunning equaliser by Monty, who was excellent second half.
Finished off by more calamity defending.
Very anxious is the overall verdict.
Needed cool heads to introduce some calm.
Had three centre forwards on the pitch, still none scored.
The hapless Cullen stopping a goal bound shot on the line!
The fourth centre forward nowhere to be seen.
We've gone from a team who defend well but can't score, to a team who are scoring but can't defend!
The Tranmere and Orient games were very open, entertaining affairs, but both lost in spite of scoring five goals!
Suggests Askey has fallen into the trap of believing the hype that we are a good team.
He's lost his hard to beat bedrock that has got us this far.
Right now, we have unravelled.

Since Carol took over Players now have proper contracts drawn up by a solicitor from the board of directors, with conduct clauses amongst other things in them. it's no longer the generic photo copies off the internet that Estelle and colin filled in under the previous owner. So I dont think all this talk of players causing trouble has any credence Askey isn't the soft touch that you see on the interviews and would have them gone. What it is down too is the players who over preformed last season aren't and players he recruited aren't good enough no creativity, no goals and apart from Amoo no winger who gets to the by line to put balls in the box. You can see that their Confidence has gone at the minute and the only way to get It back is to win and to win you need confidence so it's a vicious circle. As much as I've been a fan of what Askey has done for us this is relegation form and it needs to change fast. Although I'm not in the Askey out camp yet I logically have no reason for him to stay because if I preformed as bad as he his at work I'd of been sacked by now and rightly so. Carol needs to be planning for his replacement because he hasn't got long left on this form

Second Half was much much better but we still cant put the ball in the net. I know people say that Rodney isnt the finished article yet, but he missed 3 or 4 relatively easy chances and yesterdayhe made the wrong decisions of quite a few occasions when other players were better placed. Im sorry i think leon has been a great player for the last couple of years but recently he looks past it, gets caught by pace and is often so tight to his man out wide when he gets turned they are away on goal.

Archived