onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Strangely I don’t see Rodney as a disaster. I doubt he is on a big wage and has shown some real skill. I think he can be a good squad player over three years.

Rodney couldn't do a thing right today. I'm starting to wonder if he's a classic case of a player who never fulfils his potential and will be talked about in years to come as one of those that slipped through the net. Maybe that's why he's never settled at a club properly and why Salford let him go fairly easily.

He's on a 3 year deal because someone at the club thinks he can be developed and sold in 18 months to 2 years.

One of the best things he did was very early on, in the 3rd or 4th minute, when he made a diagonal run inside that made space for Amoo. That was in the build up to the early chance where Conlon turned and shot when maybe he should have laid it off. In general though, Rodney's decision making was poor.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I think he needs somebody to do a lot of work with him on his game.

Advert

Under Smurfwaite yes, but you’d like to think with our current owners would not be that stupid. They need to start looking and searching for an Askey replacement but I hope they sack him having done the groundwork. 
Frank might be excellent, whoever knows when it comes to managers...
He's certainly got the pedigree and if he's taken the job as Head of Port Vale Youth Development, he's clearly got the desire.....

Just now, Budgie_2260 said:

Frank might be excellent, whoever knows when it comes to managers...
He's certainly got the pedigree and if he's taken the job as Head of Port Vale Youth Development, he's clearly got the desire.....

Michael Brown had a similar pedigree, we don’t need a “might be” we need a “will be” as the signs suggested with the proven Adams. 

Experienced or inexperienced doesn't matter. We just need a manager who understands we need to play two upfront(we don't have a striker who can play on their own up front) and stop leaving huge gaps in the fullback areas. A manager who has tactics for plan a b & c.

We deserved so much more than no points ,couldn't believe that we did not win that we played extremely well at times but the goals we gave away were horrendous and in a way comedy gold the kind of thing you see on a sunday morning not from  top professionals (as at times most of them play like and think they are it was disgusting ).

Smith played a big part in the defeat again I noticed ,can see why no one signed him  in the summer and he ended up here .

Personally think he is ok nothing more .

Montano 's goal thanks for that the only part of the ten pound fee I really enjoyed .

Really disappointed ,down in fact but we go again hey that's the saying ain't it .

What a shambles of a football club COVID has created ,in my opinion we are just playing to maybe reach mid table ,you cannot defend like that and v Tranmere and Scunthorpe ,they only come in our half 3 times hit the post scored and should have had a penalty .

We are very poor defensively at present Montys hit deserved win the game but with hopeless slow motion uncommitted defending what do you expect .

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Smith played a big part in the defeat again I noticed ,can see why no one signed him  in the summer and he ended up here .

Personally think he is ok nothing more 

The real VFIA comes out now. Just waiting for smith to make a mistake.

11 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The real VFIA comes out now. Just waiting for smith to make a mistake.

Yo keep protecting him I've watched most of the games on ifollow and he constantly is out of position .

Love the Vale I'm not accepting of what i am seeing its ridiculous ,the goals we conceding are shambolic dont you think .

Askey cannot play can he he picks a team usually the wrong one then it's up to them do the business, if we had a solid back line why is they the opposition regularly score from 6 yards out ,why is statistically Browns generally our best player because if you have a rock solid defence the goalie should have nowt do .

All I keep reading on here is Rodney's crap etc or we have nothing in the final third but we scored 3 v Tranmere and 2 yesterday .

Wheres the resistance ,wheres the pride in the shirts .

Our season is over and it's only November .

Keep Happy clapping Smith lover and no I do not loathe him I've being giving him the benefit of the doubt and paying his wages by going the Vale (still am  as paying for games on ifollow when I've already purchased a 10 vouchers for me and my lad ) since he entered the side in the bruno years and more often than not he isn't to the standard you think he is 

UTV 

4 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Yo keep protecting him I've watched most of the games on ifollow and he constantly is out of position .

Love the Vale I'm not accepting of what i am seeing its ridiculous ,the goals we conceding are shambolic dont you think .

Askey cannot play can he he picks a team usually the wrong one then it's up to them do the business, if we had a solid back line why is they the opposition regularly score from 6 yards out ,why is statistically Browns generally our best player because if you have a rock solid defence the goalie should have nowt do .

All I keep reading on here is Rodney's crap etc or we have nothing in the final third but we scored 3 v Tranmere and 2 yesterday .

Wheres the resistance ,wheres the pride in the shirts .

Our season is over and it's only November .

Keep Happy clapping Smith lover and no I do not loathe him I've being giving him the benefit of the doubt and paying his wages by going the Vale (still am  as paying for games on ifollow when I've already purchased a 10 vouchers for me and my lad ) since he entered the side in the bruno years and more often than not he isn't to the standard you think he is 

UTV 

Keep the insults coming, I don’t care because you have zero credibility in my eyes in regards to your comments on smith because of your history of basically hating him because he’s a stoke fan. You haven’t even explained why smith was at fault for the defeat, because you can’t. When was he out of position? Do you mean for the goals? 

Had we held on to the 3 points late on v Tranmere and the draw snatched away from us late again yesterday , the 4 points woud've made a massive difference. Just goes to show how unpredictable football can be and how fickle some fans can be with their hatred at times.I'm certainly not a happy clapper but loved my football club for over 60 yrs.

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

We deserved so much more than no points ,couldn't believe that we did not win that we played extremely well at times but the goals we gave away were horrendous and in a way comedy gold the kind of thing you see on a sunday morning not from  top professionals (as at times most of them play like and think they are it was disgusting ).

Personally think he is ok nothing more .

Montano 's goal thanks for that the only part of the ten pound fee I really enjoyed .

Really disappointed ,down in fact but we go again hey that's the saying ain't it .

What a shambles of a football club COVID has created ,in my opinion we are just playing to maybe reach mid table ,you cannot defend like that and v Tranmere and Scunthorpe ,they only come in our half 3 times hit the post scored and should have had a penalty .

We are very poor defensively at present Montys hit deserved win the game but with hopeless slow motion uncommitted defending what do you expect .

Here we go again!!!VFIA hatred of Smith continues!Don't let on other Stokies are in the squad too 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔,he will go ballistic 😂

12 hours ago, Jeff. said:

Good evening Jacko,

I hope you are well on what is a fairly mild evening for this time of year.

In regards to your question, Jeff operates as a lone wolf so is unaware of this alliance that you speak of.

I hope this clears things up for you and you have a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

All the best,

Jeff.

you are the Bounty Hunter on here i claim my prize

VFIA is right that Smith has dropped his standards recently but so has pretty much the entire squad.

Stevenage he played a huge part in their first goal and I thought he was terrible for Orients 3rd, stretching for a header and then ended up on the floor. 

However Nathan Smith is only part of a team and squad and it is unfair to continue to chastise him seemingly based on being a Lardie. 

Legge has also dropped off and let's face it as well as a different striker every game we seem to have a different left back every game too. That is not good for defensive cohesion. I'm not making excuses it's a fact. Fitzpatrick one week then not in the squad, Monty the odd game then benched and then Crookes. 

Just give Smith a bit more leeway as he is far from our biggest issue. Though as I said his form is pretty pap whether he supports Lard, Liverpool or Fleetwood. 

Archived