onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

40 minutes ago, the valiant said:

But we still need s half decent striker which we dont have and which we needed at the start of the season 

I don’t disagree on that point. Then again, we have Carlisle’s top scorer from last season who doesn’t even make the squad.

21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

But have actually got more points than we had at this stage last year and we ended a point off the play offs then.  Things are not good but to write off the season is madness.

How much longer can you keep saying this? Look at the table ffs. 19 points from 15 games is awful! Everyone has games in hand on us. We’re out the fa cup (which we weren’t last season) we had a brilliant 2nd half of last season. It’s highly unlikely we will go on such a run like that. 

It’s fine we will just carry on and keep losing games in this rubbish division. Love how we just accept this tripe year after year. Not just accept it but actually defend it!!!

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought Fitzpatrick had a decent game today.  It was the hole left by his departure that partially led to their winner.  The one player I wouldn't have signed is McKirdy.

Wow. 

You honestly would have signed the likes of whitehead and Robinson?!?! How have they improved us? In fact how have any of these signings improved us? Answer. They haven’t. Mckirdy is the only one with any kind of quality about him 

What I will say is that a lot of fans got hooked into the ‘hype’ before the season. Before the season started a lot of fans thought we had one of the strongest squads in the league. All we did is retain the squad and sign squad players.

Last season we struggled upfront and that hasn’t changed. We haven’t had a first choice striker for two seasons now. Rodney has floated around non league and wasn’t good enough for Salford, how did he earn a 3 year contract?

Good evening fellow Valiants,

I must say that I think we are an absolute disgrace.

A calamity that Jim Gannon himself would be proud of.

It's time for us to say thank you to John Colin Askey and wish him on his merry way. The only positive I can think of in keeping John is that I'd be very much looking forward to visiting The William Henry Wetherspoons in Weymouth next year, a Wetherspoons I've yet to visit.

Before I leave you, I'd also like to question the performance of Devante Rodney this afternoon. I'm not sure that he realises that he has to kick the ball meaningfully towards the goal if he expects it to go in.

All the very best.

Jeff.

29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

But everyone was delighted that all the players we had last season re-signed.  Folk were orgasmic when Smith re-signed.  Yet now they're rubbish, too old, etc.  Some re-writing of history going on on this forum.  Not least the suggestion that we were outplayed by King's Lynn!!!

Jacko51  -  I was delighted we kept hold of our best 11 last year but i also saw the need to strengthen, not the squad, but the first 11. I dont think we have done that at all. We have a big, balanced squad but not enough quality cover to push for a place.

Smith. Terrific he is local and a young talent. Yes he has some great battles against real tough opposition who physically maul him to death and he never flinches but i just see failings in him as a footballer. I cannot see him moving on and i am happy that he doesnt but there are mistakes, too many for me to be guaranteed a starting place every week. Even now i would start him every week because we have no one else pushing him.

Surely you agree about our squad being on the older side and some of our main players reaching the end of their careers.

I dont worry one dot about the Kings Lynn result. Wish Man City had battered us for 85 mins and we came away with a draw. Thats what happens in the Cup, thats why its great. We win that way and we lose that way too 

Robinsons record suggests that hes a far better striker than we are seeing. You can only put that down to the way we play, and the one dimensional tactics we use. 

If we get a new manager in, I wouldn't be surprised to see a far better display from certain players who just don't fit well at the moment.

8 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

What I will say is that a lot of fans got hooked into the ‘hype’ before the season. Before the season started a lot of fans thought we had one of the strongest squads in the league. All we did is retain the squad and sign squad players.

Last season we struggled upfront and that hasn’t changed. We haven’t had a first choice striker for two seasons now. Rodney has floated around non league and wasn’t good enough for Salford, how did he earn a 3 year contract?

You make good points but the consensus was that we were very very unlucky that the season was curtailed. A lot was made of the impact of covid on squads being decimated ( Colchester mentioned umpteen times ) .

We kept our squad and added what looked reasonable additions.

Inexplicably Robinson and Mckirdy for whatever reason with about 25 goals between them last season aren't even in the squad as of 1-00 PM today. 

The optimism was not without good reason. I was hoping for automatic, and expecting play offs. 

It's all gone belly up 

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

How much longer can you keep saying this? Look at the table ffs. 19 points from 15 games is awful! Everyone has games in hand on us. We’re out the fa cup (which we weren’t last season) we had a brilliant 2nd half of last season. It’s highly unlikely we will go on such a run like that. 

It’s fine we will just carry on and keep losing games in this rubbish division. Love how we just accept this tripe year after year. Not just accept it but actually defend it!!!

Wow. 

You honestly would have signed the likes of whitehead and Robinson?!?! How have they improved us? In fact how have any of these signings improved us? Answer. They haven’t. Mckirdy is the only one with any kind of quality about him 

Robinson was top league scorer for his team last season with 11 goals in 19 starts so it hardly seemed a daft signing.  I didn't know enough about Whitehead.  McKirdy had a start on Tuesday and was one of the worst players in a dreadful team performance.  If he's so good, why did Carlisle not want him?

2 minutes ago, mikey said:

Robinsons record suggests that hes a far better striker than we are seeing. You can only put that down to the way we play, and the one dimensional tactics we use. 

If we get a new manager in, I wouldn't be surprised to see a far better display from certain players who just don't fit well at the moment.

Don’t agree. His record really isn’t that good. And last time he was at vale he was appauling. Poor signing

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought Fitzpatrick had a decent game today.  It was the hole left by his departure that partially led to their winner.  The one player I wouldn't have signed is McKirdy.

Agree about Fitzpatrick today. Good performance from him and , though i understand the extra attacking option by moving Monty back and playing an extra striker, if Fitzpatrick had stayed on who knows if we conceed.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Robinson was top league scorer for his team last season with 11 goals in 19 starts so it hardly seemed a daft signing.  I didn't know enough about Whitehead.  McKirdy had a start on Tuesday and was one of the worst players in a dreadful team performance.  If he's so good, why did Carlisle not want him?

Attitude is why I believe. 

Robinson did well last season understand that but was awful for us in his first stint. Honestly don’t think one player has improved us or was worth signing 

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

To be fair Jacko you could argue why Southend didn't want Theo ? 

Archived