onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

14 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Thats the problem. Askey has failed to bring in players that will replace the best 11 we had last season.

No one will ever convince me that Smith will move onto championship or div 1. He is average and always has a mistake in him. For the last 3 seasons he has not had too much opposition. He is young, local and puts effort in so we see him as the best we have seen for years. Reality he is too small, too slow and not a good enough footballer to be a center back. Hes missed a header over the top of him again today. Look back he makes far too many mistakers and yet he is still first choice for me in our squad.

Pope needs replacing or should i say we need a goal scoring target man. Cullen no. Robinson poor. Dont think either can play as a lone striker. Would still start with Pope if had that choice. Where you have to have some sympathy for all our lone strikers is that they play a game and a half, get taken off the next one has a good 20 min spell and is chosen for the next game.  The same follows and so on. I always thought you need a run of games in a team and not 240 mins and out.

Have not mentioned Rodney because that would be an insult to the others.Three year contract, possible future sell on for profit. You are having a laugh. He is an embarresment for a footballer. Absolutely useless. Pope should retire if the manager chooses Rodney before him. Within 90 seconds he had passed a ball out for a throw in instead of to his teammate and ran the ball out of play.

The biggest issue we have is the midfield three. Joyce, ok just, Conlan sorry he is poor far too often and disappears during a game and spends too much time leaving his foot in tackles. Good footballer but not good enough. Manny, if we get a season from him is ok, but at the moment he is so slow and pedestrian. Again all 3 would be chosen in my first eleven because we have no better.

Worrall, again brill squad player but we rely on him 46 games a season. No goals. Same with Amoo, both chosen each week because we have no better.

Askey has failed big style in recruitment. Today showed this yet again that we are not that good a team and certainly not top ten side

been saying that about smith for 2+ years and everytime get shot down. so overrated its untrue. carried by other defenders and now legge is struggling for form its showing up what a poor player he is. simple.

Genuine question from someone who's become a bit of a part-time supporter. What's changed from the end of last season (and perhaps the start of this one)? I expect Jake Taylor is a significant factor but don't understand why everyone's now all 'oH gOd ASkeY iS so bORiNg' when a few months back it was all inaskeywetrust? Same manager, mostly the same squad, possibly a little better in some areas. Was he papering over cracks last season or are people going overboard this?

2 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i think youll find plenty of it on social media. we have more than enough of those who are happy with the status quo. that wont get us into a higher league position sadly.

Happy with the owner not happy with the manager right now,is that ok flower?

i think youll find plenty of it on social media. we have more than enough of those who are happy with the status quo. that wont get us into a higher league position sadly.

My point was if someone has even a slightly more positive view they get labelled Happy Clapper.
All Vale fans want us to do well but not everyone has the same view of how to go about it - that’s life

Just now, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i think youll find plenty of it on social media. we have more than enough of those who are happy with the stauts quo. that wont get us into a higher league position sadly.

It depends what you mean by the status quo.  My current view is that whoever the manager is we need a couple of better players in key positions.  I’m not shouting for the managers head yet, I’m still open minded about Askey, but ultimately it’s the players out on the pitch that’ll decide his fate. At the moment it’s not looking great for him.

15 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Genuine question from someone who's become a bit of a part-time supporter. What's changed from the end of last season (and perhaps the start of this one)? I expect Jake Taylor is a significant factor but don't understand why everyone's now all 'oH gOd ASkeY iS so bORiNg' when a few months back it was all inaskeywetrust? Same manager, mostly the same squad, possibly a little better in some areas. Was he papering over cracks last season or are people going overboard this?

The problem now is expectation. When JA came in he needed to stabilize the club and IMO he did better than that. He got us believing again in promotion. Now it’s gone sour.   The acid test he faces is can he turn this around. Before, 5 defeats could be explained away. Not now though. 

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It depends what you mean by the status quo.  My current view is that whoever the manager is we need a couple of better players in key positions.  I’m not shouting for the managers head yet, I’m still open minded about Askey, but ultimately it’s the players out on the pitch that’ll decide his fate. At the moment it’s not looking great for him.

Genuine question that might hold answers for so many of us.

What is our scouting network / system ?

How do we find the players that we need ?

Archived