onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

What were the stats about xGoals in our game against them, Joe?

That's not how it works Jean.

xG is not predictive of the next game, but measures the quality of chances you've had in already played games. It can't predict the next game.

So it measures how good the chances we have created have been, and how good the chances we've conceded have been, based on historic averages. We don't create many good chances and concede a lot of good ones, hence us now being 13th.

Advert

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

That's not how it works Jean.

xG is not predictive of the next game, but measures the quality of chances you've had in already played games. It can't predict the next game.

So it measures how good the chances we have created have been, and how good the chances we've conceded have been, based on historic averages. We don't create many good chances and concede a lot of good ones, hence us now being 13th.

So what you’re saying is that the stats can’t tell us whether or not Vale deserved to win/lose/ draw a particular game??

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

So what you’re saying is that the stats can’t tell us whether or not Vale deserved to win/lose/ draw a particular game??

Yes they can. They can tell us whether we deserved to win/draw/lose a game already played.

They can't predict games. They're retrospective stats. They do analyse underlying trends that can offer us an insight into our strengths and weaknesses, though.

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yes they can. They can tell us whether we deserved to win/draw/lose a game already played.

They can't predict games. They're retrospective stats. They do analyse underlying trends that can offer us an insight into our strengths and weaknesses, though.

That’s what I was asking. What did they stats say about the King’s Lynn game and theScunny game?

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If we’ve been useless for a few games, we’re likely to continue being useless, unless we do something different.

Why? 
I can’t think of one reason he deserves to stay. Genuinely interested as to why you think he should stay 
I am a believer in continuity where possible. Up until 5 league games ago few were seriously questioning JA's position. The players are clearly, to me, still playing for him, and we haven't turned into a p1ss poor team overnight. What goals, today, can you seriously blame on the manager? Their first was from Joyce (not a JA signing) not intercepting the ball in. Their second was an absolute comedy of errors that wouldn't happen again if that game was played another 99 times. Their third was poor defensive positioning from monty and smith (neither JA signings). Yes, JA has his flaws, but name me a manager who hadn't. It's through sheer persistence and patience that we'll get through this. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I genuinely don't think changing the manager is the answer. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are yours

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I am a believer in continuity where possible. Up until 5 league games ago few were seriously questioning JA's position. The players are clearly, to me, still playing for him, and we haven't turned into a p1ss poor team overnight. What goals, today, can you seriously blame on the manager? Their first was from Joyce (not a JA signing) not intercepting the ball in. Their second was an absolute comedy of errors that wouldn't happen again if that game was played another 99 times. Their third was poor defensive positioning from monty and smith (neither JA signings). Yes, JA has his flaws, but name me a manager who hadn't. It's through sheer persistence and patience that we'll get through this. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I genuinely don't think changing the manager is the answer. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are yours

I can tell you right now your wrong if you think he should stay

2 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

thing is if askey does go the cheap option is to put sinclair in the manager role. our club is synonymous with the word cheap . its been like that for a over a decade.

pay peanuts expect monkeys.

Was Carol in charge then? I dont know why people are just expecting a cheap option,i might be wrong but i am expecting askey to be given the bolton game then that would be it,no doubt then pugh would take charge and see who applies,just have to be careful as some right <ovf censored> ones apply for jobs sol campbell,ricketts etc may have missed out with keith hill going tranmere imo

When all said and done Askey is still manager so as he says we go again 🙂 

Archived