onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I hope no one claims they aren’t playing for the manager after that second half. 

They did try, but Askey has failed to address the absolute shambles the defence falls into at the first sign of pressure. Where was the marking for the third.

I'm sick of sucker punches late on. 19 months this has been happening, without an iota of solution.

3 shots on target today. One was a goal from a set piece, the other a wonder goal. 1 other shot on target. Not good enough.

Advert

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not getting the run of the green? 

Im sick of reading quotes like that. We’ve been awful for weeks. We looked better going forward today but defensively we’re worse than you would see in a pub match. We equalised due to a wonder goal. Something posters on here have been saying was unlucky in recent weeks when Scunthorpe scores one. 

Were not good enough. The manager isn’t up to it. He’s signed rubbish players and our squad is nowhere near up to it. Every team below us has between 1 and 3 games in hand. 

Askey out ASAP before we get dragged into a bloody relegation battle 

Get Micky back and ask him to see us out this season. He could also help and give advice on the next manager.

I'm sure he does not want come back full time, but how we are going HELP, not even at December yet, that says it all.

19 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Feels like something has to change now. Not in a million years did we deserve to lose that which just sums everything up. 

I agree we need a change. I don't think we did deserve to loose the game but I could say that for quite a few of our defeats this season.Sadly that game has followed the pattern of many we have witnessed at home.

Decent start.

Don't react very well to conceding a goal.

Huff and puff in the 2nd half.

Don't create clear cut chances.

Don't take half chances which do come our way.

Concede late goal.

Same thing pretty much each week at home and its not good enough. That dressing room needs different voices and ideas. 

The great MA went after 6 straight defeats - there is absolutely no way JA he should keep his job. To be fair he should have gone after the Stevenage debacle.

Carol and Colin need to have a meeting with JA and CO to discus this matter further and what help does JA and CO need if Vale can't afford to pay him off and appoint a manager who has more experience.

Good job the fans are not allowed at the ground.  Tonight there would be protests outside the ground calling for him to go or Carol to sack him.  As the players were coming off in the first and 2nd half, the fans would be booing them and shouting what a load of rubbish.  

You already know what JA would say in the post match interview.  "The players are gutted, they gave me everything on the pitch, we did not get the rub of the green, defending let us down, the players tried hard and we were just unlucky in the third half.  We will dust ourselves off and meet up monday and go through the latest horror movie and see where we went wrong.  But did you see Monty's goal.  That was a cracker.  We will prepare the lads for the next game".

Unlucky is where you huff and puff, have 3 shots on target, and concede late on once.

If it happens multiple times, there's a big problem. If this is latched onto 5 other defeats in a row, poor recruitment, and an woeful exit to a mid-table Conference side, then the manager needs to be questioned.

He has to go and we need someone who can steady what is a sinking ship. I honestly thought we would get promoted this season and had quite a wager on it with my only concern at the time that we do not have a goal scorer who could get us 20 goals. I didn’t know at the time how bad our signings were but thought by re signing Smith and adding some quality to what was certainly a top 4 squad last season we would gain promotion this season. I still feel we have a squad good enough for the play offs but we need a manager who knows how to get us there and we desperately need some quality younger players brought in even if it has to be next season. If we stay with Askey we will not finish out of the bottom 6 and not enough time to rebuild for next season, I like him and he has done a good job up until the end of last season but he isn’t good enough to take us up.

He has to go today before it’s too late. People on here were saying a couple of games ago let’s see we are. Well we’re even lower. He has to go. Stevenage away and orient at home has to be a minimum of 4 points and we’ve come away with 0. Depressing being a vale fan never seems to get better. Askey out 

Archived