onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

I hope no one claims they aren’t playing for the manager after that second half. 

If we had a crowd in I seriously think we would have won that today

Orient only got in our penalty area once second half

Their 2nd goal sums up that we are not getting the run of the green- plenty of scrambles in their area 2nd half and nothing falls clearly to us

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I hope no one claims they aren’t playing for the manager after that second half. 

In some respects that’s worst. At least if they weren’t then we’d be assured there were better days ahead of us under someone else. 

But again, we huffed and puffed but it was only a screamer from the one player in the team with that X factor, but again our much lauded defence showed themselves to be as resistant as a chocolate fire guard and bosch.... game over.

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

It was a lot better.

But something is wrong isn't it?

I feel absolutely distraught after that. We're in one of those ruts where it's all just inevitable.

Somethings got to change.  The amount of late goals we concede is just beyond a joke.

We cannot carry on as we are that's for sure.

Its another game we have lost that we didn't deserve lose. Leyton orient are more clinical than us put some excellent blocks and tackles in whereas we huffed and puffed but like normal dont have it in us to put the chances way. 

We arnt getting much luck with injuries and every chance or mistake we make getting punished and I dont think that will change untill we get a new manager in so im afraid mr askey you have got to go.

Not getting the run of the green? 

Im sick of reading quotes like that. We’ve been awful for weeks. We looked better going forward today but defensively we’re worse than you would see in a pub match. We equalised due to a wonder goal. Something posters on here have been saying was unlucky in recent weeks when Scunthorpe scores one. 

Were not good enough. The manager isn’t up to it. He’s signed rubbish players and our squad is nowhere near up to it. Every team below us has between 1 and 3 games in hand. 

Askey out ASAP before we get dragged into a bloody relegation battle 

Another late goal; a carbon copy of the goal against Tranmere. Woeful marking at the back stick.

All three were atrocious defensive wise. We've actually been poor defensively all season, but the stats suggested Scott Brown was keeping us alive. Eventually, he'd return to more ordinary levels. He has, and now we concede 2-3 a game, with different line ups in frotn of him.

We create a lot of 'opportunities to shoot' without shooting. Our goals came from a wonder goal and a set piece. The keeper had precious little to do, despite our huffing and puffing.

6 defeats on the bounce. Promotion expectations in tatters. Players heads completely gone. An inability to solve the late goal issue.

Askey has done a good job. Micky Adams did a better one. After 6 defeats, he admitted it had probably gone too far and walked away. I think the same is needed here unless we want another 2 seasons in this dreadful league.

3 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

The spine of Brown, Legge, Joyce and POPE is what we need to stick with. 

Pope could help develop Rodney like Futcher did Beckford. 

Have we ever had a worse month ever? Glad November is over! 

That spine has an average age of 34. This is worrying.

Guest Vale at home
18 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Want (Better), Need (Better), Expect ( Better)

Yes . I agree . Week after week . And still playing Rubbish football . 

Archived