onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

I think we need to stick to our strengths on Saturday. So in light of VFIA's post here is my suggestion;

gk - Leon Legge - some people said they didn't want to see him in the shirt again, perhaps they won't mind if hes wearing a gk shirt. 

rb - Manny - I am pretty confident hes never been injured before whilst playing right back so worth a try

lb - Worall - the further back he plays the more room he has for running up and down. This will mean he will cover more ground

cb - McKirdy - hes lightweight and so perhaps he will win some fouls on corners and freekicks - which will help us when trying to defend against them

cb - Tom Pope - taller than McKirdy and if he is playing in defence we literally can't hoof the ball up the pitch to him

lw - Clark - scored a few goals, worth a try as an attacker

cm - Rodney - similar to pope, if he plays here and we hoof the ball up to him it won't have gone very far and maybe another midfielder can get it

cm - DTS - Scored a great goal for Leek Town a few weeks ago, 100% what we need right now

rw - Monty - everyone keeps saying hes not a left back, and not a left winger. So lets try him somewhere else.

cf - Brown, excellent in the penalty area, wins a lot of crosses

cf - Smith - scored quite a few goals in the past and hasn't had his best season at cb, time for a change

subs - none as JA doesn't like them.

Advert

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Let's hope we are working on a 3-5-2 system for the rest of the week before the big game .

Looking forwards to it the past is gone the present is here .

My team for saturdays must win game 

Brown 

Legge Mills Oyeleke 

Worrall                        Clark 

Joyce Burgess 

Hurst 

Pope Cullen or Rodney if popes still isolating .

We were doing quite well with Mills in the side early doors and like see him come in for Smith who's forms plummeted along with many others ,is that the system or is the no fans being in there to  send a rocket up there neatherdals needed. 

BIg game for Askey might pop up Vale this week have a look at the training what goes on then I will know who the team is one things for sure Cullen Robinson do not become  bad players over night they are good finishers and its proven after all the games prior bar a few that they are isolated .

So my question to Mr J Askey is what system are you going to introduce to get these players scoring the goals ,your system doesn't work we ain't scored in half our games .

Over to you John 

FOREVER hopeful 

UTV 

Yes. Inject it. Love this. Hurst in the hole. Pick a striker at random. A slow CB at RCB, a RB at CB, and an attacking mid at LCB. A left winger at rwb and a rb at lwb.

Superb. Keep them coming.

On a slightly more serious note I would go:

Brown

Mills Legge Smith Clark

Joyce

Oyeleke Burgess (if Conlon still out)

Rodney Pope Worrall

If Pope is still isolating I’d try Rodney through the middle and Amoo/Monty on the wing (but Monty on the left!!)

Subs: Visser, Brisley, Fitz, Hurst, McKirdy, Cullen, Robinson. Unless there’s someone else (Monty if not in the XI, Amoo or Conlon if half-fit) who could take Robinson’s place.

We are on a poor run and leyton orient are on a good run so can't see anything other than an away win. Might aswell just pick any old random team out of what we have available as no matter what we pick at the moment they are either playing crap or not even trying.

Brown gk

Smith rb

Montano lb

Joyce am

Brisley cb

Legge cb

Rodney rm 

Oyeleke cm 

Robinson cf

Cullen cf 

Worrall lm 

Subs visser fitzpatrick crookes mills burgess hurst whoever else is available full the last sub spot.

I bet if we were the ones on a good run and them on a bad run you'd have vale to lose as well

We are on a poor run and leyton orient are on a good run so can't see anything other than an away win. Might aswell just pick any old random team out of what we have available as no matter what we pick at the moment they are either playing crap or not even trying.
Brown gk
Smith rb
Montano lb
Joyce am
Brisley cb
Legge cb
Rodney rm 
Oyeleke cm 
Robinson cf
Cullen cf 
Worrall lm 
Subs visser fitzpatrick crookes mills burgess hurst whoever else is available full the last sub spot.

A number of them have been poor recently and way below their potential. I include Clark and Smith in this. And Burgess (sorry) has been largely anonymous all season long (bar a couple of games).

If Askey wants to shake it up he could conceivably bring in Mills (is he 100% match fit?) and move/drop Clark.

Burgess does not warrant a starting place, so it's Joyce, Oyeleke and one more for me (Worrall maybe? Hurst as an outside gamble?)

The front three? Who knows? And that's one reason why we've been poor. No-one knows our best front three. Worrall probably. Is Amoo fit? But who else has played consistently well to cement a place? On the strength of ten minutes probably Rodney.

The ONE thing we need to do is to start well and put in some real effort from the off.

I think we're all fed up of watching paint dry for 45 minutes and only upping the tempo after half-time.

What ever happens on Saturday I hope the players crawl of the pitch absolutely knackered. I am not prepared to put up with lethargic half hearted performances. Its worrying at the mo wish I could be more positive I just think we lack some steel and guts. Loose this then I think we have got consider changes.  

Why’ve you said that? He’s only expressed an opinion. 
Because it was clear from his post that he's only come on here to post all negative, in no way objective, of which there's been more than enough for the past couple of weeks. He expressed his 'opinion', I expressed mine. Becoming rather a precious lot on here aren't we?

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:
Why’ve you said that? He’s only expressed an opinion. 

Because it was clear from his post that he's only come on here to post all negative, in no way objective, of which there's been more than enough for the past couple of weeks. He expressed his 'opinion', I expressed mine. Becoming rather a precious lot on here aren't we?

No I did no come on here to be negative I came on here as I do everyday to read the latest vale posts. As I mentioned before I dont post on here much anymore normally come on just to read posts. 

All ive done is say what most people would have said I'd expect us to lose on Saturday doesnt mean that we will. You say there's been lots of negative posts on here yet you choose to pick on my 1 post that I've put and you clearly arnt bothered 1 bit about how your reply has made me feel. Due to your post ive had to ring samaritans to stop myself from doing something like self harming. If anything I can say you have only come on here to cause trouble and upset people and that's what you have clearly done with me you don't even have the decency to apologise.

No I did no come on here to be negative I came on here as I do everyday to read the latest vale posts. As I mentioned before I dont post on here much anymore normally come on just to read posts. 
All ive done is say what most people would have said I'd expect us to lose on Saturday doesnt mean that we will. You say there's been lots of negative posts on here yet you choose to pick on my 1 post that I've put and you clearly arnt bothered 1 bit about how your reply has made me feel. Due to your post ive had to ring samaritans to stop myself from doing something like self harming. If anything I can say you have only come on here to cause trouble and upset people and that's what you have clearly done with me you don't even have the decency to apologise.
If I do something wrong I'm the first to apologise. But I haven't. So I won't. You're the one who resorted to personal abuse. Sorry to hear about your mental health issues but seeking to blame me for them and attempting a guilt trip is just crass. Hope you get the help you clearly need.

I have literally no idea what team we’ll play vs Orient, but I recall that last year we seemed to come good after playing them, an ironically conceding late in a 3-3 draw, so who knows.

I just don’t think Askey’s favoured 4-3-3 fits what we have, in any area of the pitch but especially midfield.

The front three variably consists of two wide men - Worrall and Amoo - who hug the touch line and so are miles away from the striker offering little / no support. The midfield is too static and there are no players breaking to offer support to the striker, again leaving him isolated and battling for scraps and chasing lost causes.

We also seem very susceptible again midfield runners. Even before Joyce’s sending off and even at 2-0 up, I never felt we were in control of midfield at all, in fact we were getting completely overrun. This even seems to happen when we have 3 vs 2. For some reason, we don’t have enough guile in there and we are carrying somebody somewhere. 

I keep harping on about it but I feel it’s time to try 3.5.2 but I suspect pigs might fly before Askey goes down that route.

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I have literally no idea what team we’ll play vs Orient, but I recall that last year we seemed to come good after playing them, an ironically conceding late in a 3-3 draw, so who knows.

I just don’t think Askey’s favoured 4-3-3 fits what we have, in any area of the pitch but especially midfield.

The front three variably consists of two wide men - Worrall and Amoo - who hug the touch line and so are miles away from the striker offering little / no support. The midfield is too static and there are no players breaking to offer support to the striker, again leaving him isolated and battling for scraps and chasing lost causes.

We also seem very susceptible again midfield runners. Even before Joyce’s sending off and at 2-0 up vs Tranny, I never felt we were in control of midfield at all, in fact we were getting completely overrun. This even seems to happen when we have 3 vs 2. For some reason, we don’t have enough guile in there and we are carrying somebody somewhere. 

I keep harping on about it but I feel it’s time to try 3.5.2 but I suspect pigs might fly before Askey goes down that route.

If we score in the 1st 20 mins we might just see the team regain some confidence and see out a win. If not I expect the game to follow a similar pattern to most we have seen at Vale Park this season and another frustrating afternoon.

JA will revert back to 433 with his favoured personnel where possible, he said as much in his interview after Tuesdays game. 

Make no mistake these are a half decent side at this level and much better than the team we played last year. 

Archived