onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Attending Matches

ethan and archies dad

Advert

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

I assume the '3 households over Christmas' thing won't include football on Boxing Day?

We may get a week of Tier 2 from the 16th-23rd but, as cases will rise over Christmas, will probably be back in Tier 3 come January.

Will likely be a real mess. 

Will clubs be allowed to financially benefit from having fans in grounds? For us it'll all be ST holders but will clubs with larger allowed capacities than ST holders be able to sell tickets on the day? I'm guessing there won't be any refreshments sold? Programmes? Sponsorships/corporate?

Will Club X in Tier 1/2 now gain a healthy financial advantage in comparison to Club Y in Tier 3, ahead of the January Window?

I know I'm being critical and picky but whilst it'll be great for the few clubs in Tier 1 and 2 to get fans in (especially in non-league), it raises lots of questions for me.

Are there any clubs in Tier 1? Clubs in Tier 2 will have there 2000 allocation taken up by season ticket holders, so no extra money coming in and in fact the cost of allowing these fans in will cost the club money. As for the transfer window its likely most cubs will have there full complement of players over 21 in the squad as we have. That means if any players are brought in it would have to be players under 21. There is also the budget cap which means clubs cannot add any more players to their squads.

1 minute ago, mbycars said:

Are there any clubs in Tier 1? Clubs in Tier 2 will have there 2000 allocation taken up by season ticket holders, so no extra money coming in and in fact the cost of allowing these fans in will cost the club money. As for the transfer window its likely most cubs will have there full complement of players over 21 in the squad as we have. That means if any players are brought in it would have to be plyers under 21.

Biggest ground in Tier 1 is Truro City's with a capacity of 3600.

This whole 'fans back in' was a big mis-direction from the government. They're basically allowing 2000 fans back in a smattering of clubs. They had no intention of properly letting any more than that back in. 

Even though I'm Norfolk based these days I always watch Midland's Today news in the evening, and it was lovely to see Carol, naturally disappointed with today's announcement, but equally stoic and pragmatic. She had hoped to invite families into Vale Park at Christmas, which may not happen now, but nevertheless plans to provide meals to vulnerable folk in the City. Makes me feel really proud to be a Vale fan. Just hope that the Vale team show that they have that same pride on Saturday. UTV

I don’t really understand the ifollow business model for clubs.

Do clubs currently pay anything to ifollow for season ticket holders to access home games? If they let 2000 into the ground, does that represent 2000 streams the clubs don’t have to pay for? If so, isn’t that a benefit to letting fans in (aside from the obvious point that going to games is what fans buy season tickets for!)?

Guest Vale at home
On 23/11/2020 at 19:01, Jacko51 said:

I went to Morrisons this morning.  I queued outside for a short time then was allowed to the sanitising station to get in.  All very organised with a couple of lasses counting folk in and out.

As I was leaving through the door which was marked EXIT ONLY in large letters, a group of three maskless adults came in that way, totally ignoring the queue and walked straight past the sanitisers.

It's because of idiots like them who totally ignore any guidance and instructions about this pandemic that Stoke currently has on of the highest infection rates in the country.  They are also the reason why we are likely to end up in tier 3.  Cheers lads.

I agree . Well said . 

Vale hoping to get 2,000 fans in for the Barrow game on Boxing Day *if* Stoke-on-Trent is moved to Tier 2 when the next review takes place on the 16th.

Obviously we have more season ticket holders than that, so some people are going to have to be unlucky.

Personally I had been hoping to be able to go to the Forest Green game in a couple of weeks, it will be 30 years to the day since my first Vale game.

So are clubs in T3 going to be recompensed in anyway ? There's a huge advantage for clubs like Cheltenham, Forest Green, Newport, Crawley etc who get <ovf censored> gates but should accommodate the majority of their fans whereas T3 clubs like us can't have any fans in. That's plainly unfair.

Everything about this year doesn't make sense we'd easily accommodate 4000 fans in Vale Park if all season ticket holders want to attend. But you can sit social distanced in an outside venue but it's OK for schools workplaces shopping etc etc to carry on which have been the biggest problem my Barber had to close and he'd put so much work into place to reopen and was strict with it incase he had a visit and was closed. I'm sure the owners and everyone at the club would do everything to keep us safe so just let us back in

On 23/11/2020 at 19:01, Jacko51 said:

I went to Morrisons this morning.  I queued outside for a short time then was allowed to the sanitising station to get in.  All very organised with a couple of lasses counting folk in and out.

As I was leaving through the door which was marked EXIT ONLY in large letters, a group of three maskless adults came in that way, totally ignoring the queue and walked straight past the sanitisers.

It's because of idiots like them who totally ignore any guidance and instructions about this pandemic that Stoke currently has on of the highest infection rates in the country.  They are also the reason why we are likely to end up in tier 3.  Cheers lads.

Went to the big Asda in Tunstall at lunchtime, absolutely frightening free for all, no aisle one way systems, staff just stood there. We will never be out of T3

55 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Went to the big Asda in Tunstall at lunchtime, absolutely frightening free for all, no aisle one way systems, staff just stood there. We will never be out of T3

Totally agree. Other than this, the hospital is rammed and have asked people to be careful as they could do with fewer patients this weekend. If that remains rammed we have no chance. 

9 hours ago, Santa said:

Vale hoping to get 2,000 fans in for the Barrow game on Boxing Day *if* Stoke-on-Trent is moved to Tier 2 when the next review takes place on the 16th.

Obviously we have more season ticket holders than that, so some people are going to have to be unlucky.

Personally I had been hoping to be able to go to the Forest Green game in a couple of weeks, it will be 30 years to the day since my first Vale game.

Can't see that sadly. They have already slipped up and let it out that there will be no meaningful movements until the results of Christmas are known - say late January. Also hardly anyone will go in to Tier 1 before Easter.  IMHO we can forget this season at the Vale.  I have had a 10 game pass this season - does anyone know if you can trade a pass in like ST's to watch on ifollow?  Cos there's no way we will get to attend 10 games now!  Spose i will have to contact the club. Don't fancy paying £225 for me and the grandson and getting absolutely nothing back.  

Archived