Advert

Attending Matches

ethan and archies dad

57 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
20 hours ago, eh up nah said:
Tier 1 4,000 permitted
Tier 2 2,000 permitted
Tier 3 as you were

So let me get this correct say Bolton and Newport are both Tier 1 for example. They both respectively are only allowed 4, 000 ?

I gather that those are the upper limits and they will also take capacity into account also.

Advert

When we are out of lockdown and tier 3
As a season ticket holder I wouldn't be opposed to allowing say 5-10% of the permitted ticket allocation to be added to a draw for people who have purchased ifollow passes for home games in the league to enter so that they can buy tickets. This would provide a small amount of income to the club to assist with costs and would mean that season ticket holders would only miss 1 game in 10/20 that they would be able to attend anyway.
No it has to be STH. They have paid £300 for a season watching on IFollow up to yet this season, gave up around 5 matches last season. They have to be given priority. To do otherwise would be a shambles.

1 hour ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
20 hours ago, eh up nah said:
Tier 1 4,000 permitted
Tier 2 2,000 permitted
Tier 3 as you were

So let me get this correct say Bolton and Newport are both Tier 1 for example. They both respectively are only allowed 4, 000 ?

The only limit is that the permitted number does not exceed 50% of the capacity. Does not appear to be much to do with the size of the ground, but the number of people assembling in a location.

That won't have come as any great surprise, unless you're a bit daft.

On a separate note, I saw Gulleys and Tory Boy Brereton on the front of the local paper yesterday asking to for the 5th highest Coronavirus hotspot in the country to be kept out of Tier 3.

I feel so sorry for all Vale Fan's that we cannot still go and cheer on the Valiants. Especially heartbroken for Carol, who must be wondering what she must have done in a previous life that was so terrible. I live in Norfolk now and I'm naturally surrounded by Norwich City supporters, they get home gates of 26,000, and are celebrating the fact that 2,000 can now attend Home games, such is the enormous difference between having just a handful of Fan's and none at all. This is painful. I just hope to goodness that Tier 2 is just 2 weeks away. VTID

I assume the '3 households over Christmas' thing won't include football on Boxing Day?

We may get a week of Tier 2 from the 16th-23rd but, as cases will rise over Christmas, will probably be back in Tier 3 come January.

Will likely be a real mess. 

Will clubs be allowed to financially benefit from having fans in grounds? For us it'll all be ST holders but will clubs with larger allowed capacities than ST holders be able to sell tickets on the day? I'm guessing there won't be any refreshments sold? Programmes? Sponsorships/corporate?

Will Club X in Tier 1/2 now gain a healthy financial advantage in comparison to Club Y in Tier 3, ahead of the January Window?

I know I'm being critical and picky but whilst it'll be great for the few clubs in Tier 1 and 2 to get fans in (especially in non-league), it raises lots of questions for me.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Will Club X in Tier 1/2 now gain a healthy financial advantage in comparison to Club Y in Tier 3, ahead of the January Window?

Negligible if at all. The amount of admin and stewarding etc. involved would probably cancel out any increased gate revenue, especially as season ticket holders who have already paid up front would be the first in line for a seat.

Rather wait until is over anyway. Going to an empty stadium with no away fans, social distancing for the toilets, and tea bar if its even open. Being herded to your area and not being able to mix, covid stewards acting like Nazis, no thanks. No benefit for the club either, season ticket holders would be the only ones in there, we've already paid. Then the cost of stewards ,police, turnstile operators. They'd be losing more money. 2000 or 4000 is ridiculous, just let the fans back, away fans too, I don't want to sit in a sterile atmosphere, the sterile performances are bad enough.

I have to say that I was quite looking forward to attending a game again. 2000 fans spread throughout all corners of Vale Park would have been easy to organise and relatively safe.  Much safer than half an hour in a supermarket. You could have about 10 seats each , sit in the open air and not go near anyone.

One of my highlights of a dismal summer was watching a bit of cricket at Wedgwood's lovely ground. In the open air, sun shining, the bar was open. It was glorious. Miles better than sitting at home and watching the TV.

I imagine the Club are really disappointed and frustrated but we all know we have more than our fair share of Covidiots in the city - and they don't all attend the Britannia.

A real shame.

Archived