onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Attending Matches

ethan and archies dad

I went to Morrisons this morning.  I queued outside for a short time then was allowed to the sanitising station to get in.  All very organised with a couple of lasses counting folk in and out.

As I was leaving through the door which was marked EXIT ONLY in large letters, a group of three maskless adults came in that way, totally ignoring the queue and walked straight past the sanitisers.

It's because of idiots like them who totally ignore any guidance and instructions about this pandemic that Stoke currently has on of the highest infection rates in the country.  They are also the reason why we are likely to end up in tier 3.  Cheers lads.

Advert

Interesting to see how they do it. In both tiers we have more ST holders than allowed in. Maybe 2 groups with a one game one game off approach.
However they go about it some will moan. Personally I think we're in quite an easy position given the projected numbers. In tier 1, all of our STH could attend. In tier 2, half of them can attend so, as you say, the most sensible approach would be half for 1 game and the other half the next game. If some can't attend 'their' game, it should be relatively easy to facilitate a swap with a member of the 'other half'.

So long as ANY restrictions on attending remain, I strongly believe that ifollow streaming should be available for anyone not attending, whether by choice or because they can't. This would at least provide an additional income stream.

As another has said, though, I too am not convinced that simply allowing STH in would be as financially attractive as some think, as food, drink and shop sales are unlikely to outstrip the stewarding, police, match day staff and other match day costs, surely?

I went to Morrisons this morning.  I queued outside for a short time then was allowed to the sanitising station to get in.  All very organised with a couple of lasses counting folk in and out.
As I was leaving through the door which was marked EXIT ONLY in large letters, a group of three maskless adults came in that way, totally ignoring the queue and walked straight past the sanitisers.
It's because of idiots like them who totally ignore any guidance and instructions about this pandemic that Stoke currently has on of the highest infection rates in the country.  They are also the reason why we are likely to end up in tier 3.  Cheers lads.

Same mentality on display everywhere you go in this city Jean. Very frustrating.

There are some very selfish folk about. If we had all stuck to initial simple rules and advice, whilst making a few minor sacrifices, I’m convinced we wouldn’t be in such a mess.

8 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

I think Vale should maximise their surplus stadium capacity and utilise all areas of the ground for home fans including the Hamil End, to provide the safest possible environment for fans.

Sadly, there will be fans who will insist on huddling together and arguing with stewards.

Kick em out of the ground then.

15 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Same mentality on display everywhere you go in this city Jean. Very frustrating.

There are some very selfish folk about. If we had all stuck to initial simple rules and advice, whilst making a few minor sacrifices, I’m convinced we wouldn’t be in such a mess.

I even had someone at work say to me” I hope we all get the virus, have the sheites for a couple of days then sorted”

i couldn’t be arsed to tell him it’s not a stomach bug.

31 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

I think Vale should maximise their surplus stadium capacity and utilise all areas of the ground for home fans including the Hamil End, to provide the safest possible environment for fans.

Sadly, there will be fans who will insist on huddling together and arguing with stewards.

Family bubbles, pair of mates, etc. Option of STs not attending due to vunerability or travelling from restricted areas in exchange for a viewing pass, would reduce the ST demand for seats and allow  match day tickets to be sold. 

Tbf why would Police be needed if no away fans l

Surely this will cost the club money?

The gate money is already in the bank, as I’m assuming it will be ST priority (rightly so), but stewards, police and match day staff will all need paying and snack bar takings will be negligible for a crowd of this size, assuming they are even allowed to open.

11 hours ago, Conrad said:

I even had someone at work say to me” I hope we all get the virus, have the sheites for a couple of days then sorted”

i couldn’t be arsed to tell him it’s not a stomach bug.

You could advise him that he would  need an arse ventilator,Conrad.Be interesting to hear his response.

When we are out of lockdown and tier 3

As a season ticket holder I wouldn't be opposed to allowing say 5-10% of the permitted ticket allocation to be added to a draw for people who have purchased ifollow passes for home games in the league to enter so that they can buy tickets. This would provide a small amount of income to the club to assist with costs and would mean that season ticket holders would only miss 1 game in 10/20 that they would be able to attend anyway.

Archived