Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Just signed in to find us in meltdown again.  Not happy.  I think the point about leadership on the pitch is important - a goal down against a struggling team needs some strong hearts and clear minds.  Can't understand why this squad has plummeted so horribly of late. A flukey goal off someone's shin would suffice right now.  We simply can't be losing this on top of recent results.

Advert:

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Even worse, I think you could argue that our best 11 contains 10 players that Askey inherited; Brown Gibbons Legge Smith Clark Oyeleke Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Worrall Add this

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

Just now, valiant_593 said:

I don’t see why anyone is surprised? 

There is much to be surprised about, i.e. why the fk is this happening when we were storming up the league before the break. 

Taylor was a huge loss. 

I said in pre-season we could have done with signing one more CM because with the departures in the summer we were short in that position. I was right, we haven't come close to replacing Taylor and his output. 

Just now, Doha said:

There is much to be surprised about, i.e. why the fk is this happening when we were storming up the league before the break. 

Taylor was a huge loss. 

I said in pre-season we could have done with signing one more CM because with the departures in the summer we were short in that position. I was right, we haven't come close to replacing Taylor and his output. 

I’d say we look light all over the park at the minute, CM is just one area.

Just now, Doha said:

Taylor was a huge loss. 

Yeah I agree. Said it all pre season and got slammed on here by those who thought we had the best squad for years. It was clear we were a Cm short.  It’s really showing now. How bad whitehead is Dosent help

22 minutes ago, Doha said:

Brown was capable of and should have pushed that away. On another day he would have easily. 

I've got to be honest here, the movement of the Vale players reminded me of the Special Olympics.

Shocking goalkeeping from a normally reliable keeper.

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Yeah I agree. Said it all pre season and got slammed on here by those who thought we had the best squad for years. It was clear we were a Cm short.  It’s really showing now. How bad whitehead is Dosent help

Where is whitehead?

3 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Just signed in to find us in meltdown again.  Not happy.  I think the point about leadership on the pitch is important - a goal down against a struggling team needs some strong hearts and clear minds.  Can't understand why this squad has plummeted so horribly of late. A flukey goal off someone's shin would suffice right now.  We simply can't be losing this on top of recent results.

You need leadership on the pitch and off it. Askey and Kevan are nice blokes but neither could lead a Camel to water. 

Edited by TylerB

Advert:

It seems to be a collective decline though?  We keep pointing at individual players, and Brown owes us nothing after the way he has played for us, so I'm not pointing the finger at him, but where were the defence?  If the midfield are being bypassed and not feeding the strikers, the defenders are in for a long night of pressure.  So frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andyregs said:

Where is whitehead?

Disappeared just before the Southend game. Was said to be isolating along with Fitz because he'd been near to Rodney. That was nearly a month ago.

Advert:

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Look through our squad whos getting us 10 goals this season- our recruitment is probably the worst its been since bruno brought in half a europes conference north players

Reggie looking more like Harry Kane all the time with this bunch of blank firers