Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wtf is wrong with people? Carol and Kevin paid many times over the odds to save this club.  They have financed it through Covid, done tremendous community work in the name of the club and have be

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

Advert:

Anyone having a pop at Carol needs to give their head a wobble.
She has done more for this club and the local area in the last 18 months than any owner has done in two decades. Under her stewardship I can only see the club going from strength to strength. She deserves our trust and faith for what she has done.
Results on the pitch are always transient. That is the nature of football. We are currently going through a patch of bad results and poor performances and last night in lots of ways was inexcusable.
As a supporter of 30 odd years I have serious reservations about the manner in which we are setting up and trying to play the game. Frankly it isn’t working and I have serious doubts about whether the current managerial team can turn it around.
However, the issues on the pitch will be short term in the bigger scheme of things and under Carol’s leadership I have complete faith that good times will come.
Keep the faith. 
Correct you are sir.

It's a shame but this football is outrageous. I feel sorry for Sleepy John really as I get the impression he's a nice bloke, it'd be nice for it all to work out but it's just not going to happen is it? We've signed a load of dossers, our best players are getting older, and we set up as dull as dishwater. From day dot this season it's been a right poor do, the friendlies were concerning and it never got any better, in fact it's getting worse.

I think Carol should act and get it sorted if we can afford to, if we can't then we'll just have to write the season off and not waste any money in January. We don't want to be signing any new players until we've got someone into the club who is good at it that's for sure.

There's always next year.

God speed.

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Sorry mate ill ask you for your permission before i post again

No need to cry about it.

Post what you like, much like I’m allowed to post that you posting every THREE MINUTES during an entire game might be considered a little over the top!

I didn’t say you couldnt do it, I said you looked like an overly emotional psycho

Edited by Iron Curtain

10 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

It needs repeating that much because there are still numpties on here defending what is happening on the pitch and askey

When you start to have a go at fellow fans then your argument falls on deaf ears for me and it just loses credibility, so it’s no wonder you had to constantly say the same thing with little  response.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

It needs repeating that much because there are still numpties on here defending what is happening on the pitch and askey

Yes all rational people start taking the advice of the lunatic walking down the street shouting the same phrase over and over again!

Im not saying your view is wrong, but you spamming a thread on the match every 3 minutes is changing no ones minds.

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

When you start to have a go at fellow fans then your argument falls on deaf ears for me and it just loses credibility, so it’s no wonder you had to constantly say the same thing with little  response.

I said last night that the only consolation about last nights shambles was I didn't have you sitting behind me moaning moaning moaning.

• Like 1

Advert:

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

No need to cry about it.

Post what you like, much like I’m allowed to post that you posting every THREE MINUTES during an entire game might be considered a little over the top!

I didn’t say you couldnt do it, I said you looked like an overly emotional psycho

Your the one whose crying about it, calling me out personally about me commenting on the thread. 

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Ahahah both hypercrites if your calling me a lunatic and pyscho but then saying its wrong of me for having a go at other fans 😂😂 practise what you preach

Why am I being a hypocrite ? 

Advert:

6 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Unbelievable comment to say she lacks ambition....wow

How many other clubs would allow a manager to get away with what Askey has this last month or so? Everyone was optimistic at the start of the season and yet here we are, out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle despite a home game against a Conference side and also losing 5, yes 5, league games on the bounce! Askey is taking the piss and will soon be making Carol look a bit silly if he hasn't already if she doesn't get rid while the season is still salvageable. 

Edited by TylerB

My point about losing obviously i dont want us to lose but say if we win on saturday he may get 5 more games in charge what if we lose all them. If we lose on saturday i think it would benefit us in the long run if it meant it was the game to get askey sacked. 

8 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

My point about losing obviously i dont want us to lose but say if we win on saturday he may get 5 more games in charge what if we lose all them. If we lose on saturday i think it would benefit us in the long run if it meant it was the game to get askey sacked. 

Why don’t you repeat this point 35 more times in the next hour and a half to really make sure people get how you feel?

• Like 2