onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Jacko, you need to sometimes take yourself out of the Vale bubble. You are connected we all know that. You have to see beyond and realise we need sorting out massively.

I'm not connected so you know nothing.  I've been inside the club once this season and that was to pick up a signed shirt.

Just out of interest, how much do you reckon it would cost to sack the manager, his staff and appoint a replacement at a time when the club has no income.  Not saying it shouldn't happen, just wondering how you'd finance it.

Advert

Just now, connor hackett said:

Oyeleke and Rodney were the only two positives tonight. A rank performance again by the team. Don't mind losing a battle, but losing in this toothless manner is embarrassing. There's no fight in this team, lightweight and too nice. Anybody got Andy porters phone number?

Oyeleke was crap, pedestrian.  Our midield was a non entity.

1 minute ago, connor hackett said:

Oyeleke and Rodney were the only two positives tonight. A rank performance again by the team. Don't mind losing a battle, but losing in this toothless manner is embarrassing. There's no fight in this team, lightweight and too nice. Anybody got Andy porters phone number?

You could add Brown to that list.  Could have been worse score line tonight with some of his good saves.  

Some of the fringe players again bottled it totally.

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

In the highly unlikely event Askey does go - like @Joe B I think we’ve got him until at least January but realistically the season, then who do we want? 

I have absolutely no idea who’s available.

The list isn't inspiring.

Fans mentioning Danny Cowley and Paul Cook are barmy; they're Championship managers. Nigel Adkins, League 1 at his lowest.

We're looking at the likes of Simon Grayson, for example, or whoever is doing well in non-league (or an internal appointment, like Sinclair or Pugh).

Must say, I wouldn't mind the Harrogate manager, who is doing a great job. 

It's all nebulous, as Askey isn't going. He won't walk, and Carol won't sack mid-season.

It’s time to move on as others have said. 

He did a good job stabilising us and we were excellent last season. I think he’s a good non league manager. Maybe not good enough at this level. Poor signings, selections and subs. It’s a results business and they’re just not good enough. We don’t seem to have a plan b and he dosent seem to take risks in matches. Like today 2-0 down or at 2-1 just throw another attacker on. There was nothing to lose. 

Biggest thing for me is that he seems to have lost the players. Askey isn’t solely to blame for this. Some of these need to take a good look at themselves as they’ve been woeful. Mckirdy who was desperate to play looked way off it. Not even close to being good enough today. Robinson shouldn’t be near the squad and burgess had his worst game for some time. We have key players missing but it’s worrying that this had to be our year. A lot of our key players aren’t getting any younger and may not be as good next season.  

Sorry john think it’s time up. Poor results is bad enough. But the performances have been dire. Tonight is as bad as I’ve seen since gannon. 

I thought Oyeleke didn’t move the ball quickly enough

Archived