onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

I’m afraid I’m now of the thought that Askey has run his course and it’s time to step aside.

He did an amazing job in stabilising a sinking ship and helped save the club I love, and he should be proud of that. 

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to ignore bad results and performances whilst questioning whether, at a high level, he is the man to get us promoted. 

I don’t buy into the way over the top, vitriolic shouty anger that has been demonstrated on here tonight... one idiot has posted THIRTY SIX times without saying anything new and just screaming the same rubbish. That’s once every 3 mins and demonstrates the emotional intelligence of a wet paper bag.

However, thinking calmly and logically I had already gotten to the point that Askey has one way of playing and has been found out. He isn’t dynamic enough to change things up and out think the opposition. 

Worryingly I spoke to a Macc supporting friend of mine and he worships him, but even he said that it’s 433 counterattack and nothing else... and deviation from that simply leads to lumping it forward.

So even before these results, I had questions... These last 5 results have unfortunately pushed me over the edge.

Reluctantly, Askey out.

Advert

Someone give Micky a call. His football wasn't pretty but he knew how to motivate a squad and when to give them a rocket when they needed it. 

I'll be painting my wall Saturday and watching it dry instead of watching that negative dull football. 

Happy to give my money to the club shop and help where I can but I can't watch that shower of sh1te anymore.

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Don't disagree with that.  Ten days ago we were 2-0 up against Tranny and fourth in the live table.  Nobody wanted Askey out then. 

Jacko, you need to sometimes take yourself out of the Vale bubble. You are connected we all know that. You have to see beyond and realise we need sorting out massively.

JA sounds like a walking man to the gallows.

Sounds like he has no idea what to do to change things around.  Does he actually know his best players or are they all as bad as each other.

We will stick to the same plan, pick ourselves up and try on saturday.

Have no faith in JA and CO now - which is sad to say.  Thought they were going to do something this season the way we started. 

Are the players turning on them?  Hope not and we are just going through a rough patch, but you have to wonder now.

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m afraid I’m now of the thought that Askey has run his course and it’s time to step aside.

He did an amazing job in stabilising a sinking ship and helped save the club I love, and he should be proud of that. 

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to ignore bad results and performances whilst questioning whether, at a high level, he is the man to get us promoted. 

I don’t buy into the way over the top, vitriolic shouty anger that has been demonstrated on here tonight... one idiot has posted THIRTY SIX times without saying anything new and just screaming the same rubbish. That’s once every 3 mins and demonstrates the emotional intelligence of a wet paper bag.

However, thinking calmly and logically I had already gotten to the point that Askey has one way of playing and has been found out. He isn’t dynamic enough to change things up and out think the opposition. 

Worryingly I spoke to a Macc supporting friend of mine and he worships him, but even he said that it’s 433 counterattack and nothing else... and deviation from that simply leads to lumping it forward.

So even before these results, I had questions... These last 5 results have unfortunately pushed me over the edge.

Reluctantly, Askey out.

Spot on.

Rationally, it's run its course. I harbour no ill will for Askey and would happily buy him a pint, as when he arrived he looked non-league. He's done his job. He got us professional again, won us some games, and organised a poor bunch of misfits into a competent, on their day good, League 2 outfit.

A new man is needed to take us on the next step. Askey has one system which works, but with better scouting and preparation, has been found out. His recruitment has consistently been below par, and the squad (the oldest in the league) will need a refresh in the next couple of years as Brown, Legge, Joyce, and Pope decline/retire.

In fairness Jacko there has been grumblings most of the season , we just have not clicked this season so far but worryingly we look to be going backwards , the lack of attacking ideas has been clear to see

Something is not right , carol has backed him all the way in the transfer market Askey can’t complain at all

Saturday is a massive game for him

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Someone give Micky a call. His football wasn't pretty but he knew how to motivate a squad and when to give them a rocket when they needed it. 

I'll be painting my wall Saturday and watching it dry instead of watching that negative dull football. 

Happy to give my money to the club shop and help where I can but I can't watch that shower of sh1te anymore.

Isn't that just a Vale fans myth ? 

I tell you what it was pretty at 

Fleetwood 2 Vale 5

Vale 6 Rovrum 2

Vale 4 Gas 0

Rovrum 1 Vale 2

Vale 7 Burton 1 

Archived