Jump to content

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale


Recommended Posts

Carol will have a business plan for this season, which I imagine is a top 7 finish. She also needs to make sure we survive a tough financial period, so shes stuck between a rock and a hard place. I trust her to do what she thinks is best.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wtf is wrong with people? Carol and Kevin paid many times over the odds to save this club.  They have financed it through Covid, done tremendous community work in the name of the club and have be

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

Just now, osprey said:

It may turn around, it may not

But I don’t see this incredibly difficult time being right to sack a manager unless Carol and Co have their own funds to do it.

The club has no income at the moment- other clubs are close to going to the wall, we are ( I hope) at least not in that position

My view is that as fans we have to take it on the chin at the moment and pray we can turn the results around- putting pressure on Carol in the present situation I don’t think is fair

Before tonight's game I was not in the Askey out camp. He cant be on that much for a manager. I think the cost of replacing him may out cost the chance of promotion.

 

A win this Saturday is a 100% must - if we don't errrrmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, osprey said:

It may turn around, it may not

But I don’t see this incredibly difficult time being right to sack a manager unless Carol and Co have their own funds to do it.

The club has no income at the moment- other clubs are close to going to the wall, we are ( I hope) at least not in that position

My view is that as fans we have to take it on the chin at the moment and pray we can turn the results around- putting pressure on Carol in the present situation I don’t think is fair

I understand we're in a pandemic and times are hard but surely we can't keep using that as an excuse. What if we go ten games without a win and dropping down the table.  This isn't going away any time soon and clubs have already risked it with sacking managers , tranmere for example have completely turned it around. 

Askey is out of ideas and is taking us backwards. Something has to give eventually 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, osprey said:

It may turn around, it may not

But I don’t see this incredibly difficult time being right to sack a manager unless Carol and Co have their own funds to do it.

The club has no income at the moment- other clubs are close to going to the wall, we are ( I hope) at least not in that position

My view is that as fans we have to take it on the chin at the moment and pray we can turn the results around- putting pressure on Carol in the present situation I don’t think is fair

As much as I’m fed up of the seemingly never ending supply of bilge we get served up on the pitch, the consolation is that we are at least run properly these days. For this reason I suspect Askey will be retained. I do genuinely fear for us though as the performances have, in the main, been woeful and it feels a bit like when it all started to badly unravel for Bruno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


53 minutes ago, MBE said:

I agree. I think something has happened behind the scenes, I really do. The team look lost and scared to make a run, get on the ball and be positive. Very sad state of affairs.

Any thoughts on we have too many players. Too many who are not getting a game. When they do get a chance they have 1 or 2 and then out again. You need a happy ream on and off the pitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I understand we're in a pandemic and times are hard but surely we can't keep using that as an excuse. What if we go ten games without a win and dropping down the table.  This isn't going away any time soon and clubs have already risked it with sacking managers , tranmere for example have completely turned it around. 

Askey is out of ideas and is taking us backwards. Something has to give eventually 

All teams are in the same boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Excellent.  Glad to see the back of you if you only want to watch us lose.

Bit harsh fella but don’t worry I’ll be back when there’s something worth watching in the meantime it’s much more entertaining listening to you and all the would be managers/tacticians and it’s free !!!! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Any thoughts on we have too many players. Too many who are not getting a game. When they do get a chance they have 1 or 2 and then out again. You need a happy ream on and off the pitch

We should have brought in a striker to start instead of four reserve strikers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Where di I sday it wasn't his fault?  And I'm no more in the know than anyone else on here, and less than some.

You said ,should he just step back? Yes he should going across the pitch no danger at all. You also said only yellow card, sorry red all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

He doesn’t come across as if he knows how to get us out of this. The lack of creativity has stumped him. He doesn’t know what formation, tactics or personnel to use in certain situations.

’Go back to the tried and tested’ - what is the tried and tested? We’ve changed the striker in nearly every game.

It seems as if the players and managers are banking on us getting a bit of luck. You create your own luck in football I’m afraid.

Teams win promotion by having bottle, fight and character. The last month has shown that we have none of these attributes. We are a good side only when things are going our way. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Bit harsh fella but don’t worry I’ll be back when there’s something worth watching in the meantime it’s much more entertaining listening to you and all the would be managers/tacticians and it’s free !!!! 😂

Just put you on my ignore list youth, so I won't have to read any more of your garbage.  Cheerio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...