Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wtf is wrong with people? Carol and Kevin paid many times over the odds to save this club.  They have financed it through Covid, done tremendous community work in the name of the club and have be

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

It seems to be a collective decline though?  We keep pointing at individual players, and Brown owes us nothing after the way he has played for us, so I'm not pointing the finger at him, but where were the defence?  If the midfield are being bypassed and not feeding the strikers, the defenders are in for a long night of pressure.  So frustrating.

Agree Brown is a great keeper but he is there to save them. Tonight he has not and should have done. He is no different to Legge, Pope, Smith, Joyce. A bad mistake in a game may cost you points

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

Agree Brown is a great keeper but he is there to save them. Tonight he has not and should have done. He is no different to Legge, Pope, Smith, Joyce. A bad mistake in a game may cost you points

And a bang average manager going through the motions.

Advert:

Awful first half performance.  It will be interesting to see what changes are made at half time.  Need an injection of leadership somewhere, even if it’s just the addition of more energy (not too hard) and a bit of leading by example.

Edited by Quebec_Valiant

Just now, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Really poor first half. 

Mckirdy is way to lightweight. Burgess has been missing the whole half. Absolutely nothing upfront.

Embarrassing.

Burgess has played well for about 1 half of football this season in total so far. Literally stealing a wage from the club right now along with Robinson and one or two others.

• Like 1

Advert:

No fight, no passion, no creativity no nothing. Absolute dire performance again. Hopefully be in tier 3, because I would hate to think I'd got to go out and watch this live. These players which we thought were good enough, plainly don't wanna play for Askey. He should be trashing that dressing room at half time, tea cups hairdryers and pizza everywhere. I can't see it though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

First half stats:

Stevenage Possession: 41.3% Shots: 6 On target 3

Vale: Possession: 58.7% Shots: 2 On target: 0

This next forty-five minutes will tell us whether Askey and/or the players have any fight in them.

Or we'll know we have a serious problem on the pitch and off.

Would like to see a few people running off the ball to give a target for a pass.

Would like to see McKirdy and Oyeleke run at all.

Would like to see a forward pass to feet.

If Robinson is playing centre forward, stay ion the middle.

Someone tell Smith that the game has started and it's not a competition to see how far he and Brisley can get away from each other.

And on and on....

Show some spirit, work for each other and with each other.

And fluke a goal...