onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

14 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I mean did you watch the game yesterday it was shambolic

I did... it was bad. It categorically wasn’t worth repeating by the same thing every 3 mins. 

Imagine someone trying to use the thread to keep up with the game as some people do and having that rammed down their throat over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!

that’s the same number of “over’s” as you posted Askey out comments during the game.... luckily I could just copy a paste a block a few times!

We get it, you are anti Askey. Doesn’t need bombarding a thread youth. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

No one is turning on Carol or the fans; I think support is, still, at an all-time high for our owner. Some just think the manager has reached his ceiling. I'm not desperate for him to go. He's done a pretty decent job for us, we could just do with some freshening up.

That Doha thread will go down in the annals. Up there with Doddsy kissing the badge near the Brit and them losing via Split Decision to the Hamil End Urinals.

We're a tinpot excuse of a football club who seem destined to wallow in the lower leagues for a good while, but I'll always be heartened that we manage to wind them up (and vice versa) on a semi-regular basis. 

Not saying that we are Joe, but that's the point of not letting it happen by questioning Carol and her teams integrity or talking of weakness if she doesn't move Askey on if there's little improvement in the next two or three games 

BTW That Doha piece was a welcome and timely thing to pull out of the drawer,  especially at this moment. It's what we all needed  😌 

It’s the first “crisis” for Carol at the club as performances are deteriorating and fans are starting to lose faith in the manager en mass.

Doesn’t mean she isn’t loved, part of owning a club and with no fans to vent in the ground I guess on here and social media is where she’d gauge the feeling of the fan base. In normal times we’d be booed off and chants after some recent results and efforts.

We were dire last night and has to be remembered Stevenage have won what 3 or 4 in 40 odd games before last night. They are absolute dross... yet until the 80th minute had an absolute cruise. It was an unforgivable performance and result.

I love Askey for last season and the memories will last for a long time, he’s a great bloke but it does feel as though we’ve gone as far as we can together and are at risk of falling into danger if this carries on. I hope he turns it around but at the moment I feel we
need a change and fresh ideas to have any chance of saving the season.

No idea what Carol is thinking or likely to do. She’s been fairly quiet lately but Saturday is absolutely massive now. Going to a revitalised Bolton on 6 losses wouldn’t be great.

Anyone having a pop at Carol needs to give their head a wobble.

She has done more for this club and the local area in the last 18 months than any owner has done in two decades. Under her stewardship I can only see the club going from strength to strength. She deserves our trust and faith for what she has done.

Results on the pitch are always transient. That is the nature of football. We are currently going through a patch of bad results and poor performances and last night in lots of ways was inexcusable.

As a supporter of 30 odd years I have serious reservations about the manner in which we are setting up and trying to play the game. Frankly it isn’t working and I have serious doubts about whether the current managerial team can turn it around.

However, the issues on the pitch will be short term in the bigger scheme of things and under Carol’s leadership I have complete faith that good times will come.

Keep the faith. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I did... it was bad. It categorically wasn’t worth repeating by the same thing every 3 mins. 

Imagine someone trying to use the thread to keep up with the game as some people do and having that rammed down their throat over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!

that’s the same number of “over’s” as you posted Askey out comments during the game.... luckily I could just copy a paste a block a few times!

We get it, you are anti Askey. Doesn’t need bombarding a thread youth. 

Why dont you try watching the game rather than being on a thread to keep up with the it. Frankly your opinion is invalid if your not even watching the games

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Why dont you try watching the game rather than being on a thread to keep up with the it. Frankly your opinion is invalid if your not even watching the games

Judging by the number of times you posted, you weren't weatching it either. 😆

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Sorry mate ill ask you for your permission before i post again

No need to cry about it.

Post what you like, much like I’m allowed to post that you posting every THREE MINUTES during an entire game might be considered a little over the top!

I didn’t say you couldnt do it, I said you looked like an overly emotional psycho

10 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

It needs repeating that much because there are still numpties on here defending what is happening on the pitch and askey

When you start to have a go at fellow fans then your argument falls on deaf ears for me and it just loses credibility, so it’s no wonder you had to constantly say the same thing with little  response.

Archived