onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

19 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I'm not connected so you know nothing.  I've been inside the club once this season and that was to pick up a signed shirt.

Just out of interest, how much do you reckon it would cost to sack the manager, his staff and appoint a replacement at a time when the club has no income.  Not saying it shouldn't happen, just wondering how you'd finance it.

Jean,money would be there if needed and i am sure(not 100%) that the contract did have a so many months payable clause(eg 6mths) but as you say a new backroom team would have to be funded,if it were to happen one thing i am confident of is that we wont have to scrape the barrel or go for a cheap option anymore,having said that i have seen people mention paul cook and the cowleys on social media not a chance in hell.... i would like see us poach one doing well at another club.

The worry is the managers who will apply like sol campbell,ricketts just sacked by shrews and the like,they only have to come across and bang...its a tricky job to choose

Advert

19 hours ago, Joe B said:

The list isn't inspiring.

Fans mentioning Danny Cowley and Paul Cook are barmy; they're Championship managers. Nigel Adkins, League 1 at his lowest.

We're looking at the likes of Simon Grayson, for example, or whoever is doing well in non-league (or an internal appointment, like Sinclair or Pugh).

Must say, I wouldn't mind the Harrogate manager, who is doing a great job. 

It's all nebulous, as Askey isn't going. He won't walk, and Carol won't sack mid-season.

If i was to choose right now off the top of my head and if you go on win ratios i would say Graham Alexander

48 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Serious question have any of your 200+ posts not been just anti askey?

For me i couldnt give a monkeys chuff if he goes now or not,games have been crap and i have never been a massive fan of Askey but no point me kicking and screaming i leave the decisions to the woman whose club it is,a very clever and hard business woman,i want vale to start winning and win every game but i get the feeling SOME want us to keep losing so askey is replaced,if thats the case then thats sad imo as i never want vale lose

Correct - no real Vale fan - under any circumstances - EVER wants the Vale to lose.

53 minutes ago, TylerB said:

There were plenty of times I praised him last season. Last season he deserved a lot of praise from everyone. This season after a good start he's been abysmal at times, and those times are becoming more and more frequent. Hence the criticism.

I agree with what you say there,it was vale1995 i was quoting who i think has mentioned their hatred of Askey in everyone of their 200+ posts,i can handle good debate,i dont agree with a lot of what you say but thats life we are all vale fans who want whats best but sometimes we think different things are the best....... its people like V1995 that get my pip 

23 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Again lacking ambition wow

The things she is putting in place are league one standard imo  its just a shame at the moment the players and manager arent on the same page...time will tell

Sorry maybe that read wrong. I think keeping askey is the definition of lacking ambition. I don’t think carol thus far has lacked ambition 

15 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Sorry maybe that read wrong. I think keeping askey is the definition of lacking ambition. I don’t think carol thus far has lacked ambition 

Fair enough

I just think everyones emotions are high after the last few results and sadly that ends in fans having pops at each other

Last year when our very own Doha had is own thread of the Bloatcake I saw a toxic little thread mocking The Vale concerning our bright new dawn under Carol and Kevin. I thought that only the most bitter and jealous Lard could have produced such a nasty piece of work, prophesying a cycle of how our exuberance would be short lived before we turn on our owners, manager and ourselves. - Why?  He said because we always do

His spiteful post was bourne out of shear hatred and jealousy of The Vale. 

Vale fans. Please don't allow this to actually happen,  because, looking at some of the posts currently circulating, it seems that we aren't that far away from it developing, particularly with the minority of comments that are starting to bubble concerning Carol. 

Don't let The Lard be proved right.

10 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Last year when our very own Doha had is own thread of the Bloatcake I saw a toxic little thread mocking The Vale concerning our bright new dawn under Carol and Kevin. I thought that only the most bitter and jealous Lard could have produced such a nasty piece of work, prophesying a cycle of how our exuberance would be short lived before we turn on our owners, manager and ourselves. - Why?  He said because we always do

His spiteful post was bourne out of shear hatred and jealousy of The Vale. 

Vale fans. Please don't allow this to actually happen,  because, looking at some of the posts currently circulating, it seems that we aren't that far away from it developing, particularly with the minority of comments that are starting to bubble concerning Carol. 

Don't let The Lard be proved right.

No one is turning on Carol or the fans; I think support is, still, at an all-time high for our owner. Some just think the manager has reached his ceiling. I'm not desperate for him to go. He's done a pretty decent job for us, we could just do with some freshening up.

That Doha thread will go down in the annals. Up there with Doddsy kissing the badge near the Brit and them losing via Split Decision to the Hamil End Urinals.

We're a tinpot excuse of a football club who seem destined to wallow in the lower leagues for a good while, but I'll always be heartened that we manage to wind them up (and vice versa) on a semi-regular basis. 

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I agree with what you say there,it was vale1995 i was quoting who i think has mentioned their hatred of Askey in everyone of their 200+ posts,i can handle good debate,i dont agree with a lot of what you say but thats life we are all vale fans who want whats best but sometimes we think different things are the best....... its people like V1995 that get my pip 

I mean i think now everything i have been saying everyone else is starting to see. Please highlight anything i say that you dont agree with and ill happily debate it with you 🙂 

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Yup THIRTY SIX posts during the game all repeating the same vitriol... he has to be getting enjoyment out of it. He certainly wasn’t developing his point further! 

Archived