onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Any thoughts on we have too many players. Too many who are not getting a game. When they do get a chance they have 1 or 2 and then out again. You need a happy ream on and off the pitch

We should have brought in a striker to start instead of four reserve strikers. 

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Where di I sday it wasn't his fault?  And I'm no more in the know than anyone else on here, and less than some.

You said ,should he just step back? Yes he should going across the pitch no danger at all. You also said only yellow card, sorry red all day.

7 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

He doesn’t come across as if he knows how to get us out of this. The lack of creativity has stumped him. He doesn’t know what formation, tactics or personnel to use in certain situations.

’Go back to the tried and tested’ - what is the tried and tested? We’ve changed the striker in nearly every game.

It seems as if the players and managers are banking on us getting a bit of luck. You create your own luck in football I’m afraid.

Teams win promotion by having bottle, fight and character. The last month has shown that we have none of these attributes. We are a good side only when things are going our way. 

13 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Bit harsh fella but don’t worry I’ll be back when there’s something worth watching in the meantime it’s much more entertaining listening to you and all the would be managers/tacticians and it’s free !!!! 😂

Just put you on my ignore list youth, so I won't have to read any more of your garbage.  Cheerio.

Yet another poor result. Where do I even start? 

The players and the management have let the club down. 5 defeats in a row is unacceptable; before someone mentions the ‘Papa John Trophy’ - I couldn’t give a f*ck about that.

Apart from Rodney, not one player can walk out of there with their heads held high. Utter, utter sh*t.

Robinson is an awful footballer, I had my doubts when we signed him, but I thought I’d at least give him a chance. Unfortunately, he looks like the same donkey we had four years ago. Brisley, Smith, Burgess, Monty were all awful. Then again, they were all awful. A bunch of spineless w*nkers. 

The first half was one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time. The second wasn’t much better, apart from the last 10 minutes when we finally realised we were losing the game. No fight, no passion and no endeavour. 

As Micky would say, “They rolled us over and tickled our bellies,” what I’d do for Micky Adams right now! 

I’d like to put my hands up and admit I was wrong. For a number of weeks, I’ve been the first to back Askey; calling numerous people out for what I thought was ‘undeserved stick’. How wrong was I? I’ve lost my patience with Askey, and I’ve finally realised that this man won’t take us to where we belong. We’ve been sussed out big time, and I honestly don’t believe he has a plan B. He’s tactically inept. Don’t get me wrong, I like the man and I want him to succeed at the Vale, but I think he’s taken us as far as he can. I’ll be forever thankful for what he’s done for us, but I think a change is needed. Will it happen before Saturday? I very much doubt it. Saturday is MUST win or else he has to go. 

Finally, do people genuinely believe Carol won’t act? I think she would. I feel very, very sorry for her. She has backed Askey massively, in times where money is particularly tough to generate. 

Come on Vale, sort it f*cking out before it’s too late! 

16 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Any thoughts on we have too many players. Too many who are not getting a game. When they do get a chance they have 1 or 2 and then out again. You need a happy ream on and off the pitch

I don't think the squad size is too big this year with injuries and covid but I can't help thinking something is not right in the dressing room. To me it looks like something fundamental has changed to upset the good balance we had in September.

Most of the players look scared to get on the ball, make a move or take some responsibility to affect the game.

21 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/john-askeys-verdict-port-vale-4733675

”Hopefully on Saturday they’ll play like they did 2nd half...”

Great, I can’t wait.

I'm not sure what's more worrying.  

Performances or that reaction.

Basically well....yeah...we were crap....didn't really look at it....didn't do what we said....chat at halftime...bit better.....yeah....hopefully we'll be good Saturday. 

Hopefully John?!  

Worrying signs I think.

We've got absolutely no bite and we're playing like Askey's talking.

Just seeing if something will happen. 

OK a few observations,  no judgment, no answers

• At our best towards the end of last season, most of us were lording our midfield. In particular the drive, energy and development of Conlon and Burgess orchestrated in no small way by Joyce. Inexplicably, while expecting them to push on this season,  all three and as a unit,  seem to have regressed.
  • Enterprising link up play that massively involved Cullen is now non existent 
  • Our best side and performances have been with last seasons best eleven. 
  • Too often resort to the high ball, even when Pope isn't playing resulting in continually surrendering possession far to cheaply
  • One player can't possibly make such a difference, but with regard to link up play, not to mention being solid at the back, Gibbons was in the form of his career before his injury. 

So far this season, we've hardly seen any of the above that filled so many of us with hope and expectation. It demonstrated that Askey and the team are capable of performing at a superior level than we are at present,  but the question is, can we regain that level, let alone push it further, and how much time do we give to facilitate it? 

36 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Before tonight's game I was not in the Askey out camp. He cant be on that much for a manager. I think the cost of replacing him may out cost the chance of promotion.

A win this Saturday is a 100% must - if we don't 

Its usualy the manageer to go, whatever the cost. New players cost money too. A new manager may do somthing with the players we have. Askey has failed. He needs more players and do we have faith in him signing even more.

So its a new manager first then fingers crossed he can do something before he starts to rebuild.

Do think its Askey for this season though unless we continue to lose the next 3 or 4 games 

I could begin to understand this call for JA's head if Vale were getting thumped every game and playing poorly but that's not the case.

Yep we've lost the last 5 games but all by a single goal but we were in all those games right to the end. Granted tonight's performance wasn't good but in the others refereeing decisions or extra time goals or an inability to put the ball in the net cost Vale dear, not poor performances.

Archived