onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

25 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So why don't you comment on games when we win??  I don't get it.  It's as if you want Vale to lose so you can be proved right in your opinion of Askey - it's mad.  I'd want Vale to win if we had bloody Tony Pulis as manager.  Sitting with a big smile when your team has lost shows a very strange attitude to football.  Feel sorry for you mate if you can't enjoy our wins but glory in our defeats - you must have had a bloody dreadful time last season!

No need to feel sorry for me fella. As for last season it didn’t take long to sus out Askey’s style of play, poor management and the lack of quality on the pitch bar a few exceptions= better things to do on a Saturday with my time and money  !!!!! 

10 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The list isn't inspiring.

Fans mentioning Danny Cowley and Paul Cook are barmy; they're Championship managers. Nigel Adkins, League 1 at his lowest.

We're looking at the likes of Simon Grayson, for example, or whoever is doing well in non-league (or an internal appointment, like Sinclair or Pugh).

Must say, I wouldn't mind the Harrogate manager, who is doing a great job. 

It's all nebulous, as Askey isn't going. He won't walk, and Carol won't sack mid-season.

Not a great deal out there at the moment as you say but John McGreal did a decent job at Colchester and was unlucky to get sacked. He brought through younger players from their academy (which seems to be our focus at the minute). He was a very good player for Tranmere in his day so he might also fancy the move nearer home.

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How relevant is age?  Kevin Ellison??

Very relevant. Kevin Ellison is a tremendous professional just because he scored against us doesn't make him any good .

Pope is on his last legs it's clear that he should be a bit part player. 

All you do is pick other people's posts apart isn't it

If I said black you'd say white 

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I'm not connected so you know nothing.  I've been inside the club once this season and that was to pick up a signed shirt.

Just out of interest, how much do you reckon it would cost to sack the manager, his staff and appoint a replacement at a time when the club has no income.  Not saying it shouldn't happen, just wondering how you'd finance it.

I don't know Jacko, that's not my job is it? I'm not paid to work out how to finance it?

I work 40 hours plus to pay for a season ticket to help the club the best i can. Pay me 60k and I'll happily post some names.

We are garbage at this moment of time. Why? god knows I have no idea, hence why I think something is wrong at the club.

12 minutes ago, Topher said:

ye the 4-3 v Tranmere was like watching paint dry

My mistake. Everything's on the up lads! Another season down the pan but, by golly, was that humiliating defeat when 3-2 up in the 92nd a jolly good show.

Up the Vale 4 Eva.

8 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

No need to feel sorry for me fella. As for last season it didn’t take long to sus out Askey’s style of play, poor management and the lack of quality on the pitch bar a few exceptions= better things to do on a Saturday with my time and money  !!!!! 

Excellent.  Glad to see the back of you if you only want to watch us lose.

Not a great deal out there at the moment as you say but John McGreal did a decent job at Colchester and was unlucky to get sacked. He brought through younger players from their academy (which seems to be our focus at the minute). He was a very good player for Tranmere in his day so he might also fancy the move nearer home.
I mentioned him a few weeks back (when I was on the fence about changing the manager).

Always liked McGreals Colchester sides, played good attacking football.

Its all hypothetical as Carol wouldn't sack anyone unless we were relegation threatened.

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Very relevant. Kevin Ellison is a tremendous professional just because he scored against us doesn't make him any good .

Pope is on his last legs it's clear that he should be a bit part player. 

All you do is pick other people's posts apart isn't it

If I said black you'd say white 

Not at all.  Black.  I just offer an opinion.  I agree with some people and disagree with others.  Just like you.

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thats the issue with covid will be tough to finance but I think the bigger picture it has to happen otherwise we won’t progress. For me. Best solution is he walks. 

Others have been able to do it e.g Tranmere,Mansfield,Salford.  Covid cannot be an excuse for this rubbish.

Archived