onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m afraid I’m now of the thought that Askey has run his course and it’s time to step aside.

He did an amazing job in stabilising a sinking ship and helped save the club I love, and he should be proud of that. 

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to ignore bad results and performances whilst questioning whether, at a high level, he is the man to get us promoted. 

I don’t buy into the way over the top, vitriolic shouty anger that has been demonstrated on here tonight... one idiot has posted THIRTY SIX times without saying anything new and just screaming the same rubbish. That’s once every 3 mins and demonstrates the emotional intelligence of a wet paper bag.

However, thinking calmly and logically I had already gotten to the point that Askey has one way of playing and has been found out. He isn’t dynamic enough to change things up and out think the opposition. 

Worryingly I spoke to a Macc supporting friend of mine and he worships him, but even he said that it’s 433 counterattack and nothing else... and deviation from that simply leads to lumping it forward.

So even before these results, I had questions... These last 5 results have unfortunately pushed me over the edge.

Reluctantly, Askey out.

image.gif.4e8cbd1957a0d27d988d1d7fb4be91c2.gif

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

I sometime think Jacko would be quite happy if Aspin was still in charge and we were playing against the local Co-operative's best 11.

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three points and why I don't think we'll get relegated every time we lose.  If you read what I wrote about the game above you will see I though we were bloody awful tonight and far too many players were way below their best.  Am I allowed to say that? 

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I'm not connected so you know nothing.  I've been inside the club once this season and that was to pick up a signed shirt.

Just out of interest, how much do you reckon it would cost to sack the manager, his staff and appoint a replacement at a time when the club has no income.  Not saying it shouldn't happen, just wondering how you'd finance it.

Askey should walk. He won’t be should. 

Thats the issue with covid will be tough to finance but I think the bigger picture it has to happen otherwise we won’t progress. For me. Best solution is he walks. 

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The list isn't inspiring.

Fans mentioning Danny Cowley and Paul Cook are barmy; they're Championship managers. Nigel Adkins, League 1 at his lowest.

We're looking at the likes of Simon Grayson, for example, or whoever is doing well in non-league (or an internal appointment, like Sinclair or Pugh).

Must say, I wouldn't mind the Harrogate manager, who is doing a great job. 

It's all nebulous, as Askey isn't going. He won't walk, and Carol won't sack mid-season.

Wouldn’t mind Simon Grayson to be honest. Tranmere just hired a quality manager so they’re out there. 

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Pope has done next to nothing all season, we didn't really miss him. And if we're relying on Luke Joyce for our results then just shut the club down now.

Pope holds the ball up and brings others into play and provides a physical presence up front. The ball just kept pinging back from the front men tonight, Robinson was playing in the old steel toe capped boots. Pope would probably have played tonight if not isolating.

Luke Joyce protects the back 4, their 2nd goal came through the space he usually occupies, he probably would have been around the space where their 1st goal came from. He's a key player for Vale and the spine of a football team is the key unit.

This is not a slight against Tom he's undoubtedly our best striker and I called him as possibly number 4 back at the start of the season so I'll eat humble pie.

What it is a slight on Is the fact a bloke in his 36th year is still the bloke most likely to get us out of this crap. 

What a sad state of affairs that 7 years after his fantastic glory season we are no nearer to a suitable or better replacement. 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

This is not a slight against Tom he's undoubtedly our best striker and I called him as possibly number 4 back at the start of the season so I'll eat humble pie.

What it is a slight on Is the fact a bloke in his 36th year is still the bloke most likely to get us out of this crap. 

What a sad state of affairs that 7 years after his fantastic glory season we are no nearer to a suitable or better replacement. 

How relevant is age?  Kevin Ellison??

Archived