onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I’ve turned. I was all up for giving Askey a few more games, but I can’t stomach having zero shots on target against a team 2nd from bottom until Rodney’s goal out of nowhere. The manner of that defeat was diabolical, and one of a condemned manager. 

Askey has wasted all of his summer signings, and made us a worse team. He had a brilliant opportunity, but unfortunately through HIS decisions, has <ovf censored> it up. 

I thank Askey for saving us from relegation and stabilising us, but he has taken us as far as he can. He has to go. Please Carol, do the right thing. 

After Saturday didn't watch tonight but this was just an abject performance. That's five consecutive defeats including non-league King's Lynn and Askey is now on thin ice. Mickey walked after six consecutive defeats and Bruno walked after a run of 4 defeats and two draws, so Orient is a massive game for Askey. 

To all intents and purposes, it looks to me as though he has lost it with the players - tactics, motivation, game management, team selection - they are playing like they no longer have any confidence in him. It reminds of me of Lamouchi at Forest who took them to the play offs last season, lost the game and then lost the players' confidence. He couldn't get a win from them either in pre-season or when the season started and when that happens, it's time to go. 

It looks to me as if Askey has taken this group of players as far as he can. The players bear some responsibility because we have no leadership on the pitch but these are his players and it doesn't look as if he can organise and motivate them any longer.

Not quite at the sacking point for me but, if we lose on Saturday in what is a relatively easy home fixture, it's over - because once we get into a vortex of defeat it will be very, very difficult to get out of it. 

"When our backs are against the wall we crumble."  That's what bothers me most - big physical teams intimidate us, yet never seem to get a man sent off.  We do. There is no fight. I mean, just scrap it out lads, have some pride in the shirt!  I wouldn't mind if this was a low point after which we turned things around, but looking across the team, I just can't see it.  Can't work out if it is the players, the system, fitness, but we don't seem to have it at present.  I guess another season of dented dreams.

After Saturday didn't watch tonight but this was just an abject performance. That's five consecutive defeats including non-league King's Lynn and Askey is now on thin ice. Mickey walked after six consecutive defeats and Bruno walked after a run of 4 defeats and two draws, so Orient is a massive game for Askey. 
To all intents and purposes, it looks to me as though he has lost it with the players - tactics, motivation, game management, team selection - they are playing like they no longer have any confidence in him. It reminds of me of Lamouchi at Forest who took them to the play offs last season, lost the game and then lost the players' confidence. He couldn't get a win from them either in pre-season or when the season started and when that happens, it's time to go. 
It looks to me as if Askey has taken this group of players as far as he can. The players bear some responsibility because we have no leadership on the pitch but these are his players and it doesn't look as if he can organise and motivate them any longer.
Not quite at the sacking point for me but, if we lose on Saturday in what is a relatively easy home fixture, it's over - because once we get into a vortex of defeat it will be very, very difficult to get out of it. 

Easy home fixture Saturday- don’t think so, Orient are above us

We have now lost the same number of games as last season, getting knocked out of the FA Cup against Kings Lynn, and not Man City.

We have regressed. Our underlying statistics suggest we are mid-table, and that's exactly where we are now. Mid-table.

It's another season of this diabolical, tinpot league we're becoming right at home in, as the tinpot Cheshire boys play League 1 on a budget probably less than ours. Accrington, who beat Crewe tonight, must operate on a third of our budget.

I'm personally sick of being patient. I've seen f*** all success in my life. I've got family members, lifelong Vale fans, who won't see loads more Vale seasons. I, and others, fought for success, and it's not coming this year.

It's just not good, folks. We're in a much better position but sometimes you have to accept things aren't working. This isn't an acceptance of failure, just an admission that the incumbent has done what he can, was right for what we needed, but something fresh is needed now.

Yet another poor reaction to going a goal down. That performance was as abject as a performance I have seen. Again no idea how to create ,unable to put a very poor time under sustained pressure. 3 shots on target against a club 2nd from bottom with 1 win all season!!!  We conceded 2 and really it could and should have been 4. 

Phil Bowers can keep going on about the number of players missing but most of the lads out there are mainly the ones he recruited .Only shows how poor JA's recruitment has been.

Non league performance.. awful absolutely. Time to go JA... 

First half complete rubbish.  What was Smith doing for that first goal?  We couldn't pass water for an hour.  Too many players were way off the pace.  Players that we usually rely on.  Brisley looked rusty: Clark kept giving the ball away; Fitzpatrick was doing OK until he fell flat on his face and allowed their guy to run past him; Burgess was anonymous; Worrall and Montano could do nothing; McKirdy looked like a kid playing in a man's game and Robinson was playing with his back to goal and ball flying over his head.  Even Scott Brown was below his best with that first goal and how many times did he clear the ball into touch?

Man of the Match has to be Rodney who upped the pace of the game and started having efforts on goal.  Must start Saturday although having said that, he only scores when he comes on as sub!

Legge and Joyce back for Saturday and a fair few prayers between now and then.  Ten days ago we were 2-0 up against Tranmere and were fourth in the League.  Then it all went wrong.  At some point it will turn.  Just hope it's Saturday.

Archived