Concerned about the lack of form from normally reliable players, Smith and Legge come to mind, also there seems to be alack of spirit a lack of willingness to go the extra yard, if a couple of the lads are struggling for form then it's up to the others to pull em through and that dont seem to be happening.

Advert:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I’d start this thread so it doesn’t get lost in the match threads. Some of our fan base this season has been an embarrassment, calling for Askey to be sacked. We need to take a step back,

Bollox. If you mean 80/90% of posts, you may be close to the mark, but the vast majority of those posts were made by the same half dozen who pop up vociferously whenever we lose. You've fallen into th

I think that the counter attacking way in which we play is probably more to do with the last few seasons performance rather than the way the manager wants to play. We are not in a mid table existence.

39 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

ive seen enough to know askey cant take us further. so one dimensional its untrue. i was right about brown, bruno and although i didnt vent an opinion about aspin......askey is just another in a long line of managers since rob page who are just hoping to sneak wins playing one up top because his recruitment was abysmal. we are going nowhere under this management. fact. over to you happy clappers.

If Port Vale FC were given a league position based on the amount of happy clappers around, those that are just happy to exist in League Two, then we'd be certainties for Champions League football every year.

• Like 1

We cannot afford to sack him unfortunately but whatever happened yesterday is not today ,today he is still in a job hopefully preparing the Vale for a real tough game v Leyton Orient but not just preparing them working on getting our players in on there goal time after time .

He is a lucky man still be in a job but if we had 11 men v Tranmere and Newport on do you really think we would have lost them games I thought especially v Newport we were playing pretty well up to the sending off ,v Tranmere so so but if Legges goal which was disallowed which was a perfectly good goal to make it 3 -0 we may have  gone on to thrash them

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

So let's say we lose the next two games, which could very well happen. League form will then read: Lost. Lost. Lost. Lost. Lost. Lost. Lost. And you're telling everybody we're stuck with Askey until his contract ends in 2 years time?! Jesus. Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any more toxic.

We could also possibly win the next 2 as well which we all hope we do dont we??

Askey wont get those 2 years,i believe the contract would need months paying and not years and personally i think if he loses the next 2 which we dont want then carol will act.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

We cannot afford to sack him unfortunately but whatever happened yesterday is not today ,today he is still in a job hopefully preparing the Vale for a real tough game v Leyton Orient but not just preparing them working on getting our players in on there goal time after time .

He is a lucky man still be in a job but if we had 11 men v Tranmere and Newport on do you really think we would have lost them games I thought especially v Newport we were playing pretty well up to the sending off ,v Tranmere so so but if Legges goal which was disallowed which was a perfectly good goal to make it 3 -0 we may have  gone on to thrash them

Thats like saying no club can afford to sack their manager but they are doing.... of course we can afford to sack him

Advert:

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

If Port Vale FC were given a league position based on the amount of happy clappers around, those that are just happy to exist in League Two, then we'd be certainties for Champions League football every year.

I aren't happy to be in league 2 no way,i want promotion every season otherwise whats the point in supporting a football club.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Askey wont get those 2 years,i believe the contract would need months paying and not years and personally i think if he loses the next 2 which we dont want then carol will act.

That's my understanding too. We don't have to pay out the full amount of his remaining contract.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

All that was Askeys fault though and Carol doesn't know her arse from her elbow because she hasn't sacked him yet.

😂😂 

I ain’t got a clue about u but u must of done very well in life to make that carol statement 

Rudgie went on a run of  17 league games without a win and 7 points from 51 in 91.  Bell didn't sack him.  So glad he didn't.  I'm not saying Askey is beyond criticism, far from it, but a bit of patience is called for here rather than a kneejerk reaction. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure Carol is doing her homework on our Mr Askey. She is an astute professional and our Manager will be under immense scrutiny. I believe he has a last gasp opportunity to show he can handle the pressure of league football. The lack of goals and an inability to change his formations could well be his downfall along with the very poor signings and the negative substitution issues he constantly delivers. His general persona comes across as sitting on the fence and doing right by others, i fear he just doesnt have the killer instinct and hence favours certain players as risks dont come into his equation.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I don't see it happening. At the moment we look like a relegation bound side in the way that the game is as good as over the moment we go a goal down. Maybe I see it differently than others in that I just see a bunch of playing going through the motions and downing tools far too easily, and that stems from the manager. Askey, the same as Aspin, now bores me to tears when he churns out the usual dross after each game.

The fact that he actually said "Hopefully we'll be better on Saturday" is quite embarrassing. 

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Rudgie went on a run of  17 league games without a win and 7 points from 51 in 91.  Bell didn't sack him.  So glad he didn't.  I'm not saying Askey is beyond criticism, far from it, but a bit of patience is called for here rather than a kneejerk reaction. 

5 League Two losses on the trot along with an FA Cup exit at the first hurdle is not a knee jerk reaction.

Edited by TylerB

42 minutes ago, TylerB said:

5 League Two losses on the trot along with an FA Cup exit at the first hurdle is not a knee jerk reaction.

After 3 wins and a place in the play offs, yes it is.  Would you have sacked Rudgie after that awful run?

Edited by Jacko51

That could be said over any number of managers who have had their jobs terminated. The simple answer is no one will ever know if a mistake is being made from whichever side of the fence you stand. Reference above post.

Edited by vale@rocks
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

After 3 wins and a place in the play offs, yes it is.  Would you have sacked Rudgie after that awful run?

Can't keep harping on about something that happened God knows how many years ago, or what Askey did last season. I remember some people were saying the exact same things with Neil Aspin - Give him time... We'll turn the corner... He worked wonders last season... In Aspin we trust... And yet we all know how that ended.

For the sake of Port Vale and our current season - Askey out!

Edited by TylerB

Advert:

Although Askey signed a three year contract last year he possibly does have clause in it in which there is an agreed settlement in event of him being sacked then the cost of the settlement would have to include all of Askey's back room staff unless we promote within which I doubt many people would be happy with. In the scheme of things and we lose the next two games it would obviously put Carol in a difficult position. Don't forget the club are in a covid situation which has meant we are way down on what the club would have had in income and Carol has an agreement in place to pay Scumthwaite his mortgage and I can't imagine he would give her any leeway on when the payments are due. So all this will also weigh heavily in her thoughts about sacking the manager.

The next thing that needs thinking about is what happens if even with a vaccine we are still restricted in going to games next season then would we still sell 4000 season tickets if Askey was still here and we finish in the bottom half of the table with the football played as poor as we have been watching so far this season with the exception of possibly four halves of football in different games.

I am glad I am not in Carol's shoes.