3 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

In what respect emoji106.png

They don’t go into details, but talk about a number of players who are causing issues.

I have been saying for a few weeks that something was going on in the background... this drop off has been too dramatic to be a simple drop in performance levels.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I’d start this thread so it doesn’t get lost in the match threads. Some of our fan base this season has been an embarrassment, calling for Askey to be sacked. We need to take a step back,

Bollox. If you mean 80/90% of posts, you may be close to the mark, but the vast majority of those posts were made by the same half dozen who pop up vociferously whenever we lose. You've fallen into th

I think that the counter attacking way in which we play is probably more to do with the last few seasons performance rather than the way the manager wants to play. We are not in a mid table existence.

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The Ale and the Vale podcast (which is truly excellent) are indicating that they have heard there are a number of players causing problems behind the scenes.

Is Askey strong enough to deal with that?

Will Carol have to make a decision between Askey and those players?

Similar to the situation when he arrived then.  Get rid, send them on gardening leave otherwise.

• Like 1

None of these are based in any fact at all and are simple questions / statements I have running round in my head 

- Popes “isolation” seemed a bit short

- McKirdy and Askey... hmmmm

- Clark’s performances has fallen off a cliff

- Adam Yates wasn’t particularly glowing in his views on Rodney when he was on the pod... when pressed on his thought of him he said something along the line of “a few clubs have tried to make him into a professional footballer, maybe we will be lucky and can make it happen, maybe we can’t”... seemed like a strange comment.

- Is Smith gutted he didn’t get his move 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

None of these are based in any fact at all and are simple questions / statements I have running round in my head 

- Popes “isolation” seemed a bit short

- McKirdy and Askey... hmmmm

- Adam Yates wasn’t particularly glowing in his views on Rodney when he was on the pod... when pressed on his thought of him he said something along the line of “a few clubs have tried to make him into a professional footballer, maybe we will be lucky and can make it happen, maybe we can’t”... seemed like a strange comment.

- Is Smith gutted he didn’t get his move 

One of Popes kids tested positive I believe. 

I never got carried away with Clark’s performances when he was here before. Hes clearly got talent and probably one of the best full backs in the league on his day. This season I think has highlighted his defensive failings and his work rate has been nowhere near what it should be in an attacking sense either, disappointing so far. Is that down to Askey though? I don’t think so personally. 

Yates makes a fair comment, he hasn’t worked out at other clubs and we’re taking a bit of a gamble. It’s clear from we’ve seen so far that is true. “Raw” seems to be the in word to describe him. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

Well it’s down to Carol this is when it gets difficult. Wouldn’t life be great if there were no ups or downs. Evil Santa won’t let Carol off with falling behind on the payments that he is owed. 
It’s Carol’s investment that’s going south and I’m not so sure that if we get back to normal that the number of fans they were expecting to comeback will with what’s happening at the moment. 
It’s a simple equation if the players are causing problems then leave them out or try to get rid of them, unless it’s most of the team, then it must be the manager so JA needs to go.

Edited by Playa Amodores

If it’s like when my kids were at after school club then you isolate from two weeks after last contact with the Covid infected individual so Pope could of had last contact prior to the Tranmere game... played but the person who tested positive didn’t get a positive test until just after. Hence for instance my kids only had to isolate for 7 days!

25 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well it’s down to Carol this is when it gets difficult. Wouldn’t life be great if there were no ups or downs. Evil Santa won’t let Carol off with falling behind on the payments that he is owed. 
It’s Carol’s investment that’s going south and I’m not so sure that if we get back to normal that the number of fans they were expecting to comeback will with what’s happening at the moment. 
It’s a simple equation if the players are causing problems then leave them out or try to get rid of them, unless it’s most of the team, then it must be the manager so JA needs to go.

At lot of people are out of the habit of going to the game. Take a lot to encourage some from their armchair to watch Stevenage when we are 16th. 

I never got carried away with Clark’s performances when he was here before. Hes clearly got talent and probably one of the best full backs in the league on his day. This season I think has highlighted his defensive failings and his work rate has been nowhere near what it should be in an attacking sense either, disappointing so far. Is that down to Askey though? I don’t think so personally. 

Yates makes a fair comment, he hasn’t worked out at other clubs and we’re taking a bit of a gamble. It’s clear from we’ve seen so far that is true. “Raw” seems to be the in word to describe him. 

If that's correct, Pope would of isolated for two weeks?.....

45 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

At lot of people are out of the habit of going to the game. Take a lot to encourage some from their armchair to watch Stevenage when we are 16th. 

Darren, I agree with the Stevenage comment or if we go on a losing run but can you imagine what it would have been like if we’d have carried on where we’d left if last season

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

If that's correct, Pope would of isolated for two weeks?.....

I don’t know what the rules are. 

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I watching Clark and trying to work out what his job was today. He seemed to be under orders to play a bit further forward and leave the left winger Brophy for someone else to close down.

Personally I still think it’s too early to consider changing the Manager however, Askey has got to turn around this current run of form. If we go another 3/4 games without winning I may change my mind. Failing to score regularly and not keeping clean sheets is not a recipe for success.

Tomorrow JA should take a look at himself in the mirror and ask do I know how to put this right.Can I turn this around? Just working harder is not the answer.

Please JA do the right thing.

• Like 1

Advert:

I very much hope that you are right Mr Mustard. I felt for John in the post match interview. He's hurting, you could see, as we all are. I just can't understand how we've fallen from Grace so rapidly. The players who extended or renewed their contracts met with almost universal approval. Perhaps a meeting of hearts and minds with Carol, the Manager, staff and players might prove helpful. It's getting tight I think. 

• Like 1

I have every faith he will and turn things around.

But is ‘turning things around’ enough? Carol needs a manager to progress us on the field, add some excitement to our play and put bums on seats. Will Askey ever do any of that?

Askey came in an steadied the ship, but now we need that ship to start ploughing forward.

Does Carol expect people to part with even more ST money in the coming months, with the fear of more lockdowns and more of Askey at the helm?
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren, I agree with the Stevenage comment or if we go on a losing run but can you imagine what it would have been like if we’d have carried on where we’d left if last season

Totally agree, possible 8500-10'000 v Crewe, others on Saturdays could of maybe been 6500 plus big away followings. We were on a crest of a wave then, just feel in the current climate so many people are out of the habit ( not just football ) that to be enticed back there has to be something at the end of the rainbow. 

If it's all one big faff which will be understandable only the diehards will go. For Vale to prosper we also have to have the product on the pitch as well as off it.