Advert:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I’d start this thread so it doesn’t get lost in the match threads. Some of our fan base this season has been an embarrassment, calling for Askey to be sacked. We need to take a step back,

Bollox. If you mean 80/90% of posts, you may be close to the mark, but the vast majority of those posts were made by the same half dozen who pop up vociferously whenever we lose. You've fallen into th

I think that the counter attacking way in which we play is probably more to do with the last few seasons performance rather than the way the manager wants to play. We are not in a mid table existence.

24 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Ben on radio Sjoke made a few good points saying that Askey would not be sacked. Carol is still paying the Blue one on a payment schedule, no extra match day income and length of Askeys contract all make it unlikely.  

I agree . Good Luck tomorrow VALE .  . We need a. WIN ..  please Let’s finish with 11 players at the End of the Game .. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Ben on radio Sjoke made a few good points saying that Askey would not be sacked. Carol is still paying the Blue one on a payment schedule, no extra match day income and length of Askeys contract all make it unlikely.  

As i said we would have to pay months not years wages to Askey and that wont stop carol sacking him if she needs to which she doesn't at this moment in time

• Like 1

Advert:

17 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Getting desperate folks when where hoping to at least finish the game with 11 players on the pitch !!! Pisser 😂

17 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Getting desperate folks when where hoping to at least finish the game with 11 players on the pitch !!! Pisser 😂

Mr Askey . Must get a Grip .with his players . We need a win tomorrow. I would not Like to pick the vale team tomorrow. They must work all Hard . 

5 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

This is not true at all. Askeys contract allegedly has a clause in which see a reduced payment if terminated, and Carol will not tolerate finishing outside the top 7.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

It would be good to finish up with a win today but to me the most important aspect is how we play. Based on the last few performances, my worry is that the players have lost confidence in Askey and have stopped playing for him, so if we get a limp wristed, half hearted, couldn't give a damn performance, we will know that there is something seriously wrong off the pitch. If that's the case, I don't see the point of Askey staying any longer. If, on the other hand, we get a die hard, full on, 100% effort from the players, the picture will look very different, even if we don't win.

Results are one thing, the manager having lost it with the players is another - you can't get that back any time soon.

So win, draw or lose, it's how we play tomorrow that's going to decide it for me.

UTV.

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Just out of interest what would peoples thoughts be on if we play dreadfully today but manage to scrape a scrappy result- would that suffice to keep him in his job?

It would keep him alive, yep. Whilst we've played poorly in every game we've lost bar Tranmere, it would be harsh to hold 'losing in the last minute' against him and then not give him credit for grinding a win out.

However, it won't be evidence that the 'doom mongers' have got it wrong, as some will proclaim as they victory lap on here. My biggest issue with Askey is more the lack of chance creation (which results are a consequence of), rather than the results themselves. If you create as few chances as we do, and become so comfortable conceding in the last minute, you'll end up going on these disastrous runs sooner or later.

Ideally, Askey needs a win that shows we can create a lot of chances and hold onto a lead. A scrappy win will do, but will do nothing to allay the concerns that his side cannot create chances.

Askey's priority should be keeping us bang in contention, and then going all out for a creative midfielder in January. A number 10, a link-up man. Someone to create a bit of magic in our workmanlike side. There will be dozens out there on loan from top clubs.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Advert:

22 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Just out of interest what would peoples thoughts be on if we play dreadfully today but manage to scrape a scrappy result- would that suffice to keep him in his job?

It's ultimately a result business , if we'd scraped just two lucky 1-0 jammy wins recently we'd be top 3. 

Last year against these I think I'm right it was scrappy but we ground out a win and they missed a real sitter in injury time.

We need a win , anything, even a goal like the one off Calvin Andrews arse will do. 

Performance will come with confidence. For me a poor performance but a  win gives breathing space and hopefully we can galvanise ourselves. 

I can't see how if we get a jammy win people can still go after Askey.

I'm not a happy clapper either I'm extremely peed off at the moment but if we win he has to be given a chance to turn it around in my humble opinion. 

Not overly sure there's much about, Tranmere have just appointed the best one there was 

• Like 1