onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

Powerline

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
5 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
Literally 80/90% of this forum and the Facebook pages wanted a change of manager....

Bollox. If you mean 80/90% of posts, you may be close to the mark, but the vast majority of those posts were made by the same half dozen who pop up vociferously whenever we lose. You've fallen into the trap of thinking that the majority of vale fans use this forum. They don't, by any stretch. The vast majority either don't use this forum and Facebook, or don't post. As with twitter 'storms', the silent majority is rarely represented.

Yes I meant of posts as I clearly can’t read what isn’t there ..... never mentioned vast majority who don’t use social media as I have no idea how they feel. 

My post was in response to an idiot who seems to think only 3 people thought askey should be sacked after 6 losses. 80/90% probably over the top but I know for certain most of the vale fans I know thought his time was up 

Advert

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yes I meant of posts as I clearly can’t read what isn’t there ..... never mentioned vast majority who don’t use social media as I have no idea how they feel. 

My post was in response to an idiot who seems to think only 3 people thought askey should be sacked after 6 losses. 80/90% probably over the top but I know for certain most of the vale fans I know thought his time was up 

Most of the ones I know didn’t want him sacked. 

39 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Most of the ones I know didn’t want him sacked. 

Fair enough again never said they didn’t. (I literally don’t know a fan personally who felt he needed more time) It is frustrating this forum. One win and everyone who questioned askey seems to be getting hounded out as being wrong. We need to keep that level of performance up and defend much better 

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Fair enough again never said they didn’t. (I literally don’t know a fan personally who felt he needed more time)

Is that because we haven't been introduced?!

To be honest, mate, I don't know anybody who was happy with five defeats in a row - who would be.  But I was far from convinced that sacking another manager was the way forward, especially as we weren't getting hammered.

Since Sunderland got rid of Steve Bruce in 2011 they have had 10 managers and 5 caretaker managers.  During that time they have gone down two divisions and are currently in the worst spell in their history.  I just don't think that constant chopping and changing is the way forward - stability is far better.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Is that because we haven't been introduced?!

To be honest, mate, I don't know anybody who was happy with five defeats in a row - who would be.  But I was far from convinced that sacking another manager was the way forward, especially as we weren't getting hammered.

Since Sunderland got rid of Steve Bruce in 2011 they have had 10 managers and 5 caretaker managers.  During that time they have gone down two divisions and are currently in the worst spell in their history.  I just don't think that constant chopping and changing is the way forward - stability is far better.

Stability is better someone better get to grips with our defence and sought it out quick.

3 hours ago, Mario said:

Dull and inbred, you fit the bill perfectly, using the derogatory term you have done to describe facebook is an insult to anyone who has contact with Downs syndrome ,You should apologise and remove the remark.

Thank you for removing the comment Fosse.

On 01/12/2020 at 17:34, Sting said:

If John is reading this then Sting would like to let him know that the situation at the moment is being closely monitored. That is all Sting will say on this subject at the moment but Port Valers can certainly be assured that Sting is here and watching closely.

Every single day, and every word you say, every game you play, every night you stay, Sting is watching you.

Sting is sure that this reminder was in John's mind on Saturday, it was probably also relayed to the troops and had an impact on performance and therefore result ISO. 

The point still stands, Sting is still watching, all Port Valers can be assured of this.

Treasure life each day.

8 hours ago, Joe B said:

Just so it's clear; was never on the cards that Askey would be sacked: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-dont-want-give-job-4771202

As I've said I have my views on his limitations and where we'll be in a couple of years, but trust Carol to the extent where if she's intent on keeping him, I'll keep my mouth shut. 

Carol is always going to put continuity and stability at the forefront of her decision-making, so I think we're unlikely to see anything major until the Summer. Of course, Askey now has no excuses; he's been backed extensively, and needs to deliver. Let us hope this nightmare November doesn't turn out to cost us. We can't afford to slip up many more times now; we need to be consistently decent from here on out. 

Backed extensively? Backed, certainly. So he should be.

In case you are oblivious to it, the current budget is significantly less than under Aspin. Relative to the rest of the division it is below mid-way. Hardly extensive.

Can't afford to slip up? Unlike the last decade, then? That is what the weak minded say. We are in a very solid position. We are primed for a promotion push when the injuries kick in after Christmas. The drop off for our squad is not enormous. We have multiple players for all positions.

What we need is a united club. Fans, players, owners and coaching staff.

Enjoying the topic and debate as to folks opinions on whether Askey should stay or go. For me personally irrelevant of yesterday’s crazy result, I don’t feel Askey will get us promoted  for a number of reasons and therefore should be replaced. Further, the true opinion of fans (for or against Askey staying), who ever you speak to will always ultimately be judged by match day attendances which prior to the situation we find our selves in was not very good. 

Interesting article on the Sentinel site today regarding Askey. I've given him some stick here lately, nothing personal, but I think sometimes it is easy to forget that he's just a bloke that's paid to do his job and he more than anyone will be going home feeling absolutely terrible after losing so many games on the bounce, which didn't seem possible at the beginning of the season. If nothing else I hope that he slept a bit better last night. Regardless of where we finish this season it's important to not forget that at the very least, he more than steadied the ship and played a big part in giving the club a bit of optimism and belief going into what has been a nightmare year all round.

Fair enough again never said they didn’t. (I literally don’t know a fan personally who felt he needed more time) It is frustrating this forum. One win and everyone who questioned askey seems to be getting hounded out as being wrong. We need to keep that level of performance up and defend much better 
If you try to hound the manager out of the club don't be surprised that people who feel that your actions are unfair direct the same sort of behaviour back at you.

Backed extensively? Backed, certainly. So he should be.
In case you are oblivious to it, the current budget is significantly less than under Aspin. Relative to the rest of the division it is below mid-way. Hardly extensive.
Can't afford to slip up? Unlike the last decade, then? That is what the weak minded say. We are in a very solid position. We are primed for a promotion push when the injuries kick in after Christmas. The drop off for our squad is not enormous. We have multiple players for all positions.
What we need is a united club. Fans, players, owners and coaching staff.

13th highest budget in the league apparently this season

Archived