onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

Powerline

Advert

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

Anyone that are suddenly thinking everything is fine after one win but weren't having any of it when some were complaining that we lost 5 on the bounce in the league are both of those things. Let's see how we get on at home next Saturday in a game where there's a little bit of pressure and expectancy once again.

A game at a time, but surely in a better frame of mind than if we had lost 3-0 with 6 on the bounce defeats instead, although Colchester have yet to win an away game this season. It is the uncertainty that makes football interesting.

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Ale and the Vale tonight stating that the players causing problems are being kept at arms length.

One of them says “I’m not saying McKirdy and Robinson” and the other said “Well I am”

I was in favour of the McKirdy signing, I thought if he was flawed it would be a good opportunity for him to settle down and carry on his scoring exploits of last season at Carlisle, I thought he could be a valuable addition to the squad especially with the culture under the Shanahans at Vale Park, IF and it's not confirmed McKirdy is causing problems, then I would hope he's thrown out of the club with maximum publicity asap.

I would also question why he was signed in the first place, I'm sure someone said his grandfather was a big friend of Rudge's and he was training as a favour in the close season, when WV on here said he had spoken to him and Port Vale would be the last club McKirdy would sign for, and also so many people seemed to know he was a problem child.

Same goes for Robinson to me it's quite simple, freeze him out train on your own and if the opportunity arises get rid, don't forget Port Vale Football Club under the Shanahans are probably one of the better clubs to play professional football for if they don't like it, them or us then sod 'em off.

The problem is, if they are not going to be selected then they are taking up 2 squad places and costing us 2 salaries, lets hope they can be shipped out in January.

And lets hope in the future lessons have been learned.

I was massively against McKirdy signing. I said from the moment he got released by Carlisle, that we should avoid him. Nobody releases a player, and then justifies it because they were a bad apple unless there was a real problem. What's the point? 

I don't have any reason not to believe what you say Toyahw. McKirdy didn't feel like a fit with Askey when it happened, I was genuinely surprised we did it. Someone further up the ladder at Vale making signings I am not against, providing it's part of a specific structure being put in place and the person making the decisions is qualified and experienced enough to do it. If it's not, then I'm not keen.

Ale and the Vale tonight stating that the players causing problems are being kept at arms length.
One of them says “I’m not saying McKirdy and Robinson” and the other said “Well I am”
No they aren't they are both still training with the group if they were causing trouble they'd be withe the youth team. the reason they weren't in the squad is they aren't good enough at the minute

McKirdy and Robinson were signed behind Askey's back.  By whom I do not know, maybe the Shanahan lad, but Askey doesn't rate either. Which is why they are both out on the naughty step and not even getting in the squad.
They both played 3 games ago hows that being shut out.

I've an outside the box idea 😊

How about RS or The Sentinel just ask in an interview what's the situation with them as they appear to of gone from a start at Stevenage to sent to Coventry. Are they out of the picture on form or not training well. 

Yes they were abysmal but so was every other player apart from Rodney. 

The more players you have the more juggling to do. Sign two players with reasonable scoring records who fail to make an impact for whatever reason upsets the applecart. Askey to sort it as he did when he came in. If they want to move on using last season's form but not gelled at new club story so be it.

16 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Hasn't it been obvious in the dramatic dip in effort that there was a problem in the dressing room?  All this Askey out nonsense is indicative of folk who have no idea whatsoever of how easily teams can be unsettled by a bad egg.  It happens in the every day workplace too.  A whisper here, a nudge there and very quickly you have a whole team questioning everything...  some of you are so desperate to nail Askey that you simply refuse to believe a player like McKirdy, who has caused trouble in every room he has ever visited, is upsetting the harmony that is vital at a football club.  Football isn't played on a games console, players don't come with ability stats in real life and team building is as much about fitting together the right characters as it is ability.

It was obvious, we started fine, then we signed McKirdy but he wasn't fit for a while.  He got fit enough to play and our form started to dip.  I have been hinting at a bad egg for a couple of months but again, a few of you just hate Askey.

Go and have a look at yourselves, grow up a bit and educate yourselves on team building.  You know who you are.

I don’t see this, even if true, as the reason for our slump in form.  The real reason in my view is simply too many players in poor form, plus, after a few defeats, taking a knock to their confidence. 

Upset in the changing room is part and parcel of football.  Players, often with big egos, won’t be happy if they’re not being picked.  It happens throughout football.  It’s not the sole explanation for a team playing poorly and losing a few games, but people will believe what they want to believe.

On 02/12/2020 at 16:33, werstayinup said:

Thank you

I just dont see the point in being downbeat,there is to much going on in the world for that.... what happens happens,here you go for positivity i think we are due to wallop somebody and i can see that coming on saturday with a bit of luck

I did say we were due to wallop someone

On 01/12/2020 at 16:10, werstayinup said:

I am going to predict that Askeys name will be put forward for December manager of the month 😮 please feel free to return to this post at the end of December 🙂 

Again feel free to return to the post quoted at the end of the month 🙂 

I can see your point but I don’t buy it. Football is a different animal to a normal workplace, you only have yourself to rely on and deciding to play badly because someone might have moaned about the fact that they aren’t playing would only end up having a detrimental effect on yourself.  Why would a new player coming in moaning affect established players for our club? How would that affect Legge, smith, brown, joycey for example? Mckirdy in the scheme of things means nothing to our lads because he’s new and would have no sway over the dressing room. Personally I think players have hit some bad form and it’s not like we were playing well from day one of this season, we haven’t had many good performances at all IMO throughout the season. 

Archived