onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

Powerline

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

So sharing your opinions on a blog is patronising and sanctimonious? And not just a nice side-hobby to have? I have no real view on how great my opinions on, it's just something I genuinely enjoy to do in my spare time.

I like to write. It's a hobby. I write about Port Vale, as social media restricts characters and no-one on here wants to read several thousand words of my drivel on every thread, so I put it on a website in case anyone's daft enough to read. I've only ever once posted a link to it on here, and I don't advertise it, so it's hardly an ego trip of preaching my excellent opinions to the masses. I post one link per article on my twitter and am grateful if one Vale fan finds the time to skim-read it. The fact I don't mention it, and post separately on here, should be evidence that it's no 'listen to me, oh feeble masses'.

But sound mate, thanks for your input. Sound very well-adjusted. I'll shut it down, lest I get too big of a head when 6 people read my next piece.

You were the one to use the terms “sanctimonious” and “patronising” initially though Joe.  So it’s OK for you to use the terms towards me but not OK for me to reciprocate without you having a tantrum.  Sorry, I didn’t realise these were the rules.

As I said, good luck with your blog.  That’s not me being patronising, but a genuine sentiment.  👍🏻

Advert

I find the majority of posts on here quite bizarre. In no business other than football would you rip up your budgets, sack the  management in whom you have invested money and upon whom you rely as they have more knowledge than you do and deliberately send your business in to a period of turbulence, all on the basis of a couple of bad weeks.

9 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Sunderland supporters would drive him over to you tonight........Boring, negative tactics, wasted his budget and no plan B sound familiar ?

Colchester & Bolton promotion L1 & Bradford promotion L2. Works for me.

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sacked at Hull, sacked at Charlton, sacked at Sunderland.  Which Parkinson will his next club get??

Show me an experienced manager operating in the lower leagues who hasn't had the sack.

The point is he has experience of getting promotion out of the lower the leagues.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, valeparklife said:
Phil Parkinson would be a good fit for us and this division. I'd take him now.

His win percentage average is a lot worse than JA. On what basis is he a good fit for us, out of genuine interest?

A 1 million times better manager than askey who has managed at a far high level and got sides promoted out of this and league 1. No comparison between him and askey 

Whatever anyone thinks about JA can we stop thinking about MA.  We should not be even thinking about that possibility. He was disrespectful  to the club saying something like 'the only phone  call I receive at the Vale is from my wife wondering want I want for my tea.'

Also more importantly his last job in the football league was at Tranmere and he took them into the Conference!

I'm not sure Carol will sack Askey any time soon. 

My gut instinct is that we should give him a few more weeks but looking at the fixures, I'm not sure what the minimum that he could achieve is that would mean I'd be happy for him to stay on for the 2nd half of the season.

We've got 6 league games left in 2020, some look extremely tough on paper all of a sudden. I couldn't point to any one of them and say "yeah we should win that". I think for me now, we have to be looking at 10 points as a minimum for Askey to be able to claim that he can turn this slump around and I just don't think that it's doable. 

Bolton A

Wolves U23 H

Colchester H

FGR H

Walsall A

Barrow H (boxing day)

Bradford A

I think, with regret, I'm officially Askey out now, although if he gets 3-4 more games I think I could live with it. The stakes aren't quite as high as being in relegation battle yet, but if this run goes on then by Christmas we seriously could be in one. I would back the squad to get out of it - we're way better than the squads of the last few years when we scraped enougn points  to stay up.

If we're going to decide that he's not the man to take us forward then we need to hire a replacement by mid Jan at the latest in my opinion, the earlier the better.

Irony of all ironies was the fact that the Sky reporter at the game last Saturday was Michael Brown!  Bet he had a smile on his face after seeing that show of abysmal defending.  I'm not defending Askey, but merely making the point that we have had a number of managers in recent years who many have been pleased we've got rid of, but then we don't seem to have had much luck with their replacements do we?

Archived